Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Lady's Cheesy Mac
8/12/2010 12:21:20 AM

Hello Donna, Roger, & Friends,

My friends, as long as we have the Internet, there is absolutely NOTHING that's not available, at some price. Even some things which we really don't need.

However, Cheese is an absolute staple of life, at least around my house, so I simply turn to iGourmet. Click below to go to the (4) pages of Italian Cheeses, and then browse by Country at your leisure. I do wish that they had an Affiliate program, however, be that as it may, I simply could not get by for over a week at a time, without shopping their Specialty Food items.

Have A Happy Day & Happy Shopping My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2010 3:27:01 AM

Hi Phil,

Oh my gosh, cheese is one of my favorite foods, and yes how do you cook without cheese. This site is like going to Cheese Heaven, YUM

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2010 8:26:59 PM
Phil and Myrna,

I really like cheese, too. We have some variety here but not like specialty stores. When I visit my sisters in Wisconsin we go to a cheese store that has all kinds of cheeses I never even heard of before. It is fascinating to look at all the types of cheese in stock. I wish I lived right nearby!

Phil, Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

DonnaZ
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/13/2010 12:44:11 AM

Hi Donna,

Wish I was close enough to visit Wisconsin. For now, I just drop by here, at least online, at least once or twice per month...

Now don't get me wrong, this store is geared more towards Gifts and such, however, they do have some Cheese Wheels available in larger sizes, that are really quite reasonable. Hope you'll check them out. Of course, iGourmet is still my primary resource.

Have A Wonderful Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/25/2010 1:34:46 AM

Hello Everyone,

Right now we are travelling in the midwestern USA, specifically Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I enjoyed eating pasties, which are rarely found outside of this area. Since I grew up in northern Wisconsin, I am familiar with pasties and have missed eating them. For those who have not heard of them, here is a recipe:

"The pasty came to America and became a staple food carried by miners and loggers in Northern Michigan. Pasty "Past-Tee" is a pastry case with a sweet or savory filling baked without a dish to shape it.

Pasty Recipe:

3# diced potatoes

1 cup diced carrots

2 cups diced onions

2 cups diced rutabaga

2 cups meat, diced or ground [usually beef or pork]

season to taste

Take about a dozen pie crust dough balls and roll each into a 10" oval. You can use prepared pie crust from the grocery if you wish. Mix together the above filling ingedients and place about 10 oz. on a dough oval. Fold the dough over and crimp the edges to fully cover the filling. Repeat with each pasty.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

Traditionally these are served with ketchup.

+0