Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE DUTCH BAROQUE - JAN VERMEER
3/4/2010 9:39:07 PM
Hi Miguel,

Just to let you know I didn`t forget :) (how could I ???).
With first free time (I hope very soon) I`ll first come here.
Beautiful!
Thank you.

Love you,
B.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2010 1:01:11 AM

Luis,

With all of the "off the shelf" art products available today painting like this is hard. Consider what it was like in the 1600's.

Look at those lips. Skill indeed.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2010 1:28:51 AM

Yes Roger, as I was posting it I was thinking almost the same thing; at least my mind was going the same way. I so love the colors in the painting. The red of hat and lips is just exquisite; I have tried to find the word for a good while. And the blue hues of her cloths are no less beautiful. By the way, the work with the shadows on these is insuperable. But it is the whole painting that is awesome.

I thought how unbelievable he could paint like that back in 1668 or thereabouts.

Thanks for your comments,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/6/2010 2:29:07 AM
Hi Luis Miguel,

This is so magnificent. It is amazing to see this art by Jan Vermeer. The paintings are all quite good but I think my favorite would be - A Girl With a Red Hat. The contrasts of light and shadow are so brilliant and like you have already stated, the lips, hat and blue hues in the painting is so incredible. I really enjoyed viewing all of the paintings
and as always, you have done a fantastic job of presenting.

Thank you so much for enlightening us on another note worthy artist. Your choice is impeccable.

Keep up the great work that you do. It is so joyous to see how much you love doing this, and I feel that I am so blessed to enjoy your labor of love.

Take care my friend,

Cheryl
http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/6/2010 2:48:10 AM

Dear Karen,

Thank you for visiting, you are always so kind. Being an artist yourself, you are especially welcome here.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

P.S. I am very sorry for this delayed reply.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!