Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE DUTCH BAROQUE - JAN VERMEER
3/1/2010 5:54:54 PM
HI Luis,

These paintings are just lovely, thankyou for sharing.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2010 6:28:57 PM

Dear Luis,

Am I so happy to see what you have going here, awesome my friend. Because of what you are doing here we get to know and see such exquisite art of reknowed masters. And all the info you provide...brilliant. Now we cant say no one told us lol ......appreciate all that you do here for the community !!!

Thank you !!...you make Adland a better place.

blessings

Pauline

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2010 6:50:14 PM

Dear Phil,

Thank you so much for showing up. I am so glad that you enjoy art, in particular, I love the fact that you like Vermeer's View of Delft. Both its beauty and vigorous execution have always been celebrated by art lovers. Certainly the clouds are insuperable, and the figures of women in the foreground look so natural, like they were talking early in the morning at the marketplace or rather, as if it was that hour of day when everything becomes calm and the birds stop singing and seem to get ready for the night.

Jan Vermeer - View of Delft (oil on canvas, 1659-60)

Thanks again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2010 5:35:03 PM
Friends,

Here is another of "Vermeer's girls," Girl with a Red Hat (1668?), that certainly looks timeless as well. I was doubting between featuring this one and the Girl with a Pearl Earring and finally opted for the latter. (I must confess now though that my decision was helped by the renown it acquired with the movie of the same name.)

(click on image to enlarge)

Jan Vermeer - Girl with a Red Hat (oil on canvas, 1668?)

Delicious, right?, both the girl and the painting. However, so little do we know about Vermeer and his life and works that we are not sure about the date it was painted, though it is believed to be 1668.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2010 5:43:48 PM
Hi Luis,

They are both lovely. Thank you.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER