Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
6/20/2010 5:33:56 AM

Hello Everyone,

On rare occasions we get Kentucky Fried Chicken, but I order the grilled chicken breasts, not the deep fried chicken. When I do get fried or broasted chicken in a restaurant, I take the skin off and discard it. Of course, it is difficult to remove every single bit of fried skin, but I get most of it off. That is where the fat and grease are, and I am not fond of those ingredients. I love chicken breasts or the skinless portion of wings.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/20/2010 9:32:40 PM

Hello My Friends,

For everybody, that loves Fried Chicken but not the skin, and that seems to be the consensus here, here's a healthy alternative that has the same great taste as deep fried chicken without all of the grease, the risk of being splashed with hot oil, and (most importantly) without all of the calories!

Oven Fried Chicken

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup (about 20) whole-grain salted crackers, crumbled until fine
  • 2 1/2 cups corn cereal flakes, crumbled (will turn in to about 1/2 cup)
  • 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 cup lowfat, plain yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8 medium sized skinless chicken pieces (your choice or thigh, breast)

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
Combine the crackers and corn cereal crumbs, seasoning salt, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine egg whites, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly with the yogurt mixture. One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture, packing crumbs onto chicken. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife. Enjoy!

Wishing You All A Safe & Happy Father's Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/11/2010 6:25:42 PM

Hi Friends,

I feel like I have been neglecting you all when it comes to some more good Recipes. Everything seems to have settled down a little more at home, so how about we start back up with an old-time favorite of mine. Of course, I can't eat the Sausage any longer myself, however, I still love making it and my Family definitely seems to enjoy it. Hope you all do as well.

Kielbasa and Cabbage

Ingredients

• 6 slices bacon
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 3 teaspoons caraway seed
  • 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
  • 1 pound Polish kielbasa

Directions

1. In a large skillet, fry bacon over medium high heat until browned, turning once. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings, and place on paper towels.
  2. Stir water, sugar, onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, seasoned salt, and caraway seeds into drippings. Add cabbage, and gently stir. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
  3. Add kielbasa to the pan. Cook, covered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Crumble bacon over top, and serve hot.

Have A Bright & Beautiful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/11/2010 6:36:16 PM

Phil,

That sounds good.

Great forum.

We all need to keep visiting and encouraging.

Roger

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/11/2010 7:40:00 PM

Hi Roger,

It's so good to see you here my Friend. Stop by anytime and share a recipe or two, if you have a favorite.

In honor of your visit, here's one that I can't have very often, bit of a problem with my Sugar, don't you know. but I still have it from time to time on special occasions, since I absolutely love Raspberries. A few years back, during my youth, our family had a couple of lovely Friends from over in England, the Hardings, and Mrs Harding shared a few recipes that stuck with me. One of my fondest memories was when they came over to our house to watch Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation, back in 1953, when I was the ripe old age of 6. We were one of the few families in our neighborhood lucky enough to have a television set.

Anyway, here's an English Trifle Recipe that I still love to make today. According to Mrs Harding, it was a traditional English trifle that many children in the UK grew up eating on high days and holidays, at least according to Mom's notes.

Ingredients

• 1 (9 inch) sponge cake, cut in cubes
  • 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
  • 8 ounces fresh raspberries
  • 10 fluid ounces heavy cream
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 10 fluid ounces heavy cream
  • 2 ounces sliced almonds

Directions

1. Spread a little jam on each piece of cake and place in the bottom of a large glass bowl. Sprinkle raspberries over cake.
  2. Heat 10 fl. oz. cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat. While the cream is heating, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale yellow and smooth. Strain yolk mixture into a clean bowl. Pour hot cream into egg yolks and stir vigorously. Return mixture to pan over low heat and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
  3. While custard is cooling, whip 10 fl oz. cream until soft peaks form. Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast, in a 300 degree oven or toaster oven, stirring frequently, until golden, 2 to 10 minutes.
  4. Spread cooled custard over cake in bowl. Top with whipped cream and toasted almonds. Chill 2 hours before serving.

Have A Blessed & Beautiful week My Friend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!