Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Papas Kitchen
6/18/2010 7:59:14 PM

Hello my Food friends!! My stepson always brings Kentucky Fried Chicken, his Dad's favorite - so I DON'T HAVE TO COOK!!! Yayyy!! Just have to make baked beans and potato salad.

Thank you David for giving me a break!

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2010 8:26:12 PM

Hi Sara & Donna,

I can always count on seeing you both here. I look forward to your visits so much and I appreciate your Support. You're both Special Friends.

Sara, believe it or not, I'm one Southern boy who doesn't like Friend Chicken, however, I still stop by KFC for either their Chicken Pot Pie, or at the locations that still have them, the Chicken Livers. Since Donna seems to love Shrimp as much as I do, here's another Tasty Shrimp recipe...

Zippy Summer Shrimp

These shrimp take minutes to make. Full of flavor, they can take the center stage at any meal, but I am also known to throw them in a fresh garden salad as well. I do tend to always use the largest shrimp I can get my hands on, they seem to have the best flavor to them! Once complete, feel free to serve immediately over pasta, with warm crusty home-made bread and a garden salad, or with a rice dish. This one compliments them all!"

Ingredients

• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 2 pounds shell-on deveined jumbo shrimp
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat; cook and stir the garlic in the oil until translucent. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and paprika into the oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Pour the lemon juice over the shrimp; allow to cook until the shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 1 to 2 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium-low; add the basil and toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper to serve.

Have A Bright & Blessed Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2010 5:08:41 AM

You are right, Phil, about me loving shrimp! When I looked at the picture I started to drool, so I knew I had to copy the recipe. Shrimp and chicken are definitely two of my favorites.

I am glad you have this forum and glad you visit my recipe forum, too!

DonnaZ

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2010 7:14:48 PM

It's a good thing for Colonell Sanders that everyone isn't like me.

I don't like chicken skin. When you remove that skin from K. F . C. what is left? Chicken.

Doh.

Roger

+0
6/19/2010 7:46:28 PM

Roger, guess what, I don't eat the skin either! Yet Fried Chicken has been a favorite of mine since childhood. It always brings back memories of those churchyard picnics with tables of food spread out - always fried chicken and banana sandwiches. You have to be from Southeast America to even begin to know.

My family always wants me to cook it for them but I rarely do anymore. KFC is okay but only once in a while. This is just special occasion.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU DADS!

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!