Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
7/17/2010 12:42:08 AM

Hello Everyone,

Since today's Friday, do you think we can try a little something "fishy"...

Linguine Pasta with Shrimp and Tomatoes

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 cups diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
  • 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
  • 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, and wine. Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Once the tomatoes have simmered into a sauce, stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Fill a large pot with lightly-salted water; bring to a rolling boil; stir in the linguine and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
  3. Season the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the shrimp and cook until pink on the outside and no longer translucent in the center, about 5 minutes. Stir the shrimp into the pasta sauce, then stir the sauce into the linguine to serve

Have A Super Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Vickie Duyvejonck

61 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/17/2010 12:58:49 AM
thanks Phil I love Shrimp I will have to try this soon, thinking maybe tomorrow. Again thanks
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/17/2010 1:40:04 AM

Hi Vickie,

Thanks for accepting my Invite and for stopping by to visit. Hope you'll come by often and please feel free to share a Recipe or two.

Always good to find someone else who loves Shrimp. Wonder how these two guys would feel about some Shrimp while they're catching a few rays?

Have A Happy Friday My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/17/2010 3:55:09 AM

Hi Phil,

I had to stop by and copy your shrimp recipe, yum! I haven't posted any recipes on your forum or mine in a while so need to get busy.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2010 2:56:34 AM

Hi Donna,

Great to see you over here as well. Here's a little something that you might want to have for Sunday Dinner. Looks elegant, yet it's easy to make and so delicious...

Easy Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients

• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
  • 6 string cheese sticks
  • 6 slices ham
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
  • toothpicks

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Lay out the pounded chicken breasts on a clean surface. Place a slice of ham on each piece, then one stick of cheese. Roll the chicken up around the cheese and ham, and secure with toothpicks. Dip each roll in melted butter, then roll in bread crumbs. Place in a shallow baking dish.
  3. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is browned and juices run clear.

Enjoy Your Weekend My Friends,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!