Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
6/4/2010 6:36:41 PM

Hi Barry,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the Recipe. It sounds delicious. I love Cauliflower, and the way you fix it sounds much easier and quicker than the way I usually prepare it. I have made it with a Paprika-Garlic Sauce and it's delicious, just much more trouble to prepare. Here's the Recipe for anyone who would like to try it this way...

Cauliflower with Paprika-Garlic Sauce

Ingredients

- 4 cups small cauliflower florets

- 2 gloves garlic, minced

- 1 tsp olive oil

- 2 Tbsp apple juice

- 1 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley

- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar

- 1 & 1/2 tsp paprika

- 1/8 tsp salt

Preparation

In a large saucepan with steamer rack, steam cauliflower over boiling water covered for about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, using a small saucepan prepare sauce. First cook garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in apple juice, parsley, vinegar, paprika, and salt. Cook sauce until heated. Transfer cauliflower to a serving dish. Pour sauce over the hot cauliflower. Toss to coat.

Have A Terrific Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/7/2010 2:22:06 AM

Hello Friends,

That Caulifower Recipe perked up my tastebuds, so here's another of my favorite ways to have some healthy Cauliflower...

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

2 heads cauliflower
1 cup chopped white onions
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 cups chicken stock
1 cups cream
salt to season

Preheat oven to 180degC.
Toss cauliflower, onions and garlic together in roasting pan.
Drizzle vegetables with oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
Roast vegetables uncovered for 25-30mins, stirring occasionally until golden.
Place roasted vegetables into a stock pot with the chicken stock and bring to a simmer for 5mins.
Add cream and heat through.
Puree the soup with a blender and taste for seasoning.
Serve with a swirl of cream and chopped parsley.

Makes about 10 servings

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/7/2010 6:30:02 AM

Phil,

I like shrimp and asparagus, so this recipe sounds like a winner to me.

I have so many recipes that I have copied from the internet now that I bought 4 of the 3-ring binders to hold them. I'm not complaining, though. Recipes are interesting to try out. Some end up being scrumptious, while others can be discarded after trying once.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2010 9:42:33 PM

Hi Donna,

I love Shrimp as well. Here's one of my favorites, and it's also fairly easy to prepare...

Wild Rice Shrimp Saute

Ingredients

• 2-1/3 cups water
  • 4 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
  • 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onions

Directions

• In a large saucepan, combine the water, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add rice with seasoning packet; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
  • Meanwhile, in another large skillet, cook the shrimp, green pepper and onions over medium heat in remaining butter. Cook and stir for 7-9 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add rice; heat through.

Yield: 4 servings.

Happy Weekend My Friends,

Phil

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2010 5:21:12 AM

The shrimp and rice recipe sounds like another keeper, Phil.

DonnaZ

+0