Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
4/27/2012 9:00:06 PM
Hello Friends,

Here's an easy slow cooker chicken recipe that cooks on its own and tastes great - the meat just falls off the bone.

Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken

Ingredients

• 1 apple - peeled, cored and quartered
  • 1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1 cup hot water

Directions

1. Rub salt and pepper into the skin of the chicken, and then place apple and celery inside the chicken. Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle chopped onion, rosemary, and lemon juice and zest over chicken. Pour 1 cup hot water into the slow cooker.
  2. Cover, and cook on High for 1 hour. Switch to Low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours, basting several times. Serves 6.

Have A Fantastic Friday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2012 5:53:00 PM

Hello Friends,

Here's a delicious and easy way to prepare chicken breasts. I like to serve the cooked sauce over rice.

Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken

Ingredients

• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1-1/2 (16 ounce) bottles Catalina salad dressing
  • 1-1/2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 1-1/2 envelopes onion soup mix

Directions

1. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour the salad dressing, cranberry sauce, and onion soup mix over the chicken.
  2. Cook on Low 4 to 6 hours. Serves 6.

And, for a delightful Side Dish, give this a try.

Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash & Shallots

3 cups 3/4-inch-diced, peeled butternut squash (from about a 2-lb. squash)
4 medium shallots
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.

Put the squash on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet. Peel and quarter each shallot and add them to the squash. Drizzle the oil over the vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle the rosemary, salt, sugar, and pepper over the squash; toss to coat.

Distribute the vegetables evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes. Stir, then continue roasting until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes more. Before serving, taste and season with more salt if needed.

Have A Terrific Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/21/2012 8:12:37 PM
the cranberry chicken looks yummy phil. wouldn't chopped apples be good to?

pat

Quote:

Hello Friends,

Here's a delicious and easy way to prepare chicken breasts. I like to serve the cooked sauce over rice.

Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken

Ingredients

• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1-1/2 (16 ounce) bottles Catalina salad dressing
  • 1-1/2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 1-1/2 envelopes onion soup mix

Directions

1. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour the salad dressing, cranberry sauce, and onion soup mix over the chicken.
  2. Cook on Low 4 to 6 hours. Serves 6.

Have A Terrific Weekend,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/15/2012 3:40:15 AM

Hello Pat & Friends,

Here's an easy one for Sunday Dinner, or whenever you'd like to impress, without working all day preparing & cooking. Try this Baked Chicken in a slow cooker for busy people! Put the chicken on in the morning, and have golden brown baked chicken for dinner. For a complete meal, put some carrots and potatoes under the chicken in the slow cooker. They'll taste just as great as the chicken.

Baked Slow Cooker Chicken

Ingredients

• 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon paprika

Directions

1. Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  2. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika, and place in the slow cooker on top of the crumpled aluminum foil.
  3. Set the slow cooker to High for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for about 8 to 10 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Serves 6.

Have A Blessed Sunday My Friends,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/19/2012 9:34:00 PM

Hello Everyone,

You're probably going to think that I don't eat anything but Chicken, but here we go again. Enjoy easy Italian-style dinner tonight with this slow-cooked Chicken Alfredo recipe made using Green Giant® vegetables and fettuccine.

Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Alfredo

1 1/4
lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
(4.5-oz.) jar Green Giant® Sliced Mushrooms, drained
1/2
cup roasted red bell pepper strips (from a jar)
tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
(16-oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
cups Green Giant® Frozen Broccoli Cuts
oz. uncooked fettuccine
tablespoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
  1. In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, layer chicken, mushrooms and roasted pepper strips. Drizzle with sherry. Evenly pour Alfredo sauce on top.
  2. Cover; cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours.
  3. About 25 minutes before serving, rinse broccoli with warm water to thaw; drain well. Add broccoli to chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain.
  4. Just before serving, stir cooked fettuccine into chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 5 servings.

Have A Great Thursday,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!