Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
3/20/2012 9:15:58 PM

Hello Friends,

Well, this Weekend it"s time for the "Sweet 16". Don't know about you, but down here in ACC Country, we take our B-Ball pretty seriously. Get the gang together, put three ingredients in the slow cooker and then forget about it. Your Friends will soon be rooting for this shredded roast beef! Serve these hearty sandwiches with some coleslaw from the deli and a big pot of baked beans.

Slow Cooker Root Beer Barbecue Beef Sandwiches

boneless beef rump roast (4 lb)
cups barbecue sauce
cup root beer
Dash salt and pepper, if desired
sandwich buns, split
  1. In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, place beef. In 4-cup measuring cup or bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of the barbecue sauce and the root beer; pour over beef.
  2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 10 to 12 hours.
  3. About 20 minutes before serving, remove beef from slow cooker; place on large plate. Pour juices from slow cooker into 12-inch skillet. Cook over medium-high heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until juices are thickened and reduced to about 3 cups. Meanwhile, shred beef with 2 forks; return to slow cooker.
  4. Stir remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce into reduced juices in skillet; pour over shredded beef in slow cooker. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture into each bun. Makes 16 sandwiches.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/20/2012 9:44:40 PM
1 word to describe the recipe

YUM !!!!

thanks phil.
pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2012 10:42:14 PM

Hi Pat,

Glad you liked the Barbecue Beef. I'm sorry that I've been so long getting back here, but between my Birthday and the POTW I've been tied up for a few days.

In tonight's recipe, the stewed tomatoes and jalapeno pepper give this slow cooker recipe its Creole zing, along with seasoning and other veggies. This is an easy and tasty Creole chicken recipe. Just put all ingredients into the slow cooker and let it simmer all day. It's perfect over egg noodles or if you want to try a zero-calorie alternative, I use the Garlic & Herb Fettucini in the Miracle Noodles. You can also add extra water and veggies to the leftovers to make a tasty afternoon soup.

Slow Cooker Chicken Creole

Ingredients

• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Creole-style seasoning to taste
  • 1-1/2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with liquid
  • 1-1/2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1-1/2 green bell pepper, diced
  • 4-1/2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-1/2 onion, diced
  • 1-1/2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
  • 1-1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

Directions

1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, and Creole-style seasoning to taste. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, celery, bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper.
  2. Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 5 to 6 hours. Serves 6.

Have A Fantastic Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2012 11:09:06 PM
Hello My Friends,

Here we have a Pork Shoulder that's simmered with ginger all day and then topped off with sugar snap peas, green onions and ramen noodles. It is an easy week night dinner.

Slow Cooker Ginger Pork

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cubed
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
  • 3 (3 ounce) packages chicken flavored ramen noodles with seasoning packets
  • 9 cups water
  • 2-1/4 cups sugar snap peas
  • 4-1/2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch

Directions

1. Place the pork and ginger into a slow cooker, and sprinkle the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles over them. Pour in the water. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
  2. About 10 minutes before you are ready to eat, turn the slow cooker up to High. Break the ramen noodle bundles into quarters, and place them into the slow cooker along with the sugar snap peas and green onions. In a small cup, stir together the soy sauce and cornstarch. Stir into the slow cooker. Cover, and cook for about 5 more minutes. Serve immediately. Serves 6.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2012 6:47:38 PM

Hello Everyone,

A very spicy and surprisingly flavorful way to prepare black-eyed peas in a slow-cooker. It's perfect for that next Pot Luck Supper, along with some Homemade Cornbread.

Spicy Chipotle Black-Eyed Peas

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrot
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 (16 ounce) package dry black-eyed peas
  • 2 cups water
  • 12 cups vegetable bouillon base (such as Better Than Bouillon® Vegetable Base)
  • 1/2 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, sauce reserved
  • 1 teaspoon liquid mesquite smoke flavoring
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

1. Heat the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a skillet; cook and stir the orange bell pepper, celery, carrot, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until the onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker; mix in the black-eyed peas, water, and vegetable base, stirring to dissolve the vegetable base. Stir in the chipotle peppers, about 1 tablespoon of the reserved adobo sauce (or to taste), liquid smoke, cumin, and black pepper.
  2. Cook in the slow cooker on Low until the black-eyed peas are very tender and the flavors are blended, about 8 hours. Serves 8-10.

Have A Great Day,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!