Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: 'How little we know?' by Roger Macdivitt
10/3/2009 8:08:51 AM

Miguel,

That was brilliant.

Thank you.

So ma ny are missing this treat.

I must go promote again.

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2009 3:16:41 PM

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your caring.

Do you remember about the mounds on the Natvie American forum you posted some time back?  I was watching David Wilcox Camelot project  www.ustream.tv/recorded/2199860  and he gives all about the mounds, which are called Barrows and they are for meditation - energy .   Do a Saturday night movie and watch this.  It is over 2 hours, but worth the time.

Hugs, Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2009 6:10:37 PM

Quote:

Hello Roger,

I just read in "Sharing the Beauty Within" that thought of yours that you needed to share, and which I find just remarkable:

"All great men leave behind footprints, if you search diligently you will find some. You may follow many, but you can only follow one at a time with commitment" Roger Macdivitt

On reading this, I remembered "my" recent discovery in this very topic, that "all great artists and musicians and writers (...)  were not followers, they were - not always, but mainly - followed."  Note that I said it in the past tense, as I don't think that there really are great artists, musicians and writers nowadays - at least, not in the sense of great and unique those in the past were

It is amazing how our minds seem to be working along similar lines at this time, which, by the way, makes me think the I AM YOU preconized by Branka may have to do with it; for while I was referring to artists only, it could perfectly apply to great men in any fields of life.

My point is, Winslow Homer's attitude at the works of other artists of his time could respond not so much to his fearing one might compromise his or her own style by studying and following them, as to the simple fact that he actually did not see those other artists - with the possible exception of one or two among the main impressionists - as really "great" - again, in every sense. 

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Hello Luis & Roger,

I have our dear Friend, Branka to thank for sending me here.  You have created a wonderful thread with Winslow Homer's art work.  

Luis, thank you for sharing these insightful words by Roger, "All great men leave behind footprints, if you search diligently you will find some. You may follow many, but you can only follow one at a time with commitment"~Roger Macdivitt~ 

At this moment, I like this painting best.  Maybe because he captured that Fall feeling in such a special way.

Love & Hugs

Sincerely,
Terry

Winslow Homer - On the Trail (c.1892) 

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2009 7:24:14 PM

Terry,

What a delight to see you here.

I'm glad you are enjoying this great art. I love your choice too.

Pop in again soon.

Roger

+0
10/3/2009 8:16:26 PM

Roger, it seems it does little good to post.  No one is reading the messages.  I do wish they had a little information in them.  I am going to turn off notifications because all I do is delete them.  The only way is to check the forums or recent posts.  What happened with starting new threads and notifying all members??  I really miss that.  I posted the link to here in both my forums but I doubt it brought anyone over.  I have so few posting in my forums. I appreciate any and all though.

This is a beautiful forum and the pictures are lovely, so yes they are missing a lot.

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!