Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: 'How little we know?' by Roger Macdivitt
10/3/2009 8:30:26 PM

Sara,

I know how you feel. We have challenges.

I spent an hour doing a tribute to Sam's forum and Kathy and it all froze. It's not happening on other networks. The good news is that Bogdan does know and has given me some assurances that it will all be resolved.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2009 12:14:03 AM

Dear Myrna,

I am sorry for the delay in replying. Of course I remember my post and your kind words about it. You were so generous in your appreciation of it, and all the information that you posted in turn about the mounds greatly helped me to get a better insight into them.

Thank you for the link to David Wilcox's project Camelot, I will try to watch it soon. I am so back in my replies and posts that it looks as I will never be able to catch up with everyone.

Anyway, I hope to post very soon again on your Native American forum. I just love that forum.

Your friend,

Luis Miguel G.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2009 12:43:29 AM

Dear Terry,

Like Roger, I am delighted with your visiting this topic. And I must agree on your choice too, another great watercolor by Winslow Homer and perhaps the best work so far posted here as to the technique displayed. But you are so right, it is the special way he captured that Fall feeling in his painting what is really important.

Then I too have to thank Branka for having sent you here. What a fortunate coincidence your being at her forum by the time I had posted Roger's insightful words.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Winslow Homer - Red Shirt, Homosassa, Florida (1904)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2009 1:35:26 AM

Dear Sara,

I blocked all post notifications long ago, as soon as I realized that they kept piling up at my email account inbox but had no real information in them. What I do now is a daily tour of all the forums I participate in and sometimes I do it several times a day; however, it takes considerable longer than the old method and sometimes I overlook something important at some of them and, generally speaking, I keep falling behind in my responses.

Then I hope this one setback is only temporary, but I have noted that the new box used to post images, which actually is (or was?) a great feature of the new format as you can upload them from your computer - in addition to the old method where you have to take them down from a webpage - has been replaced today with the old box, which only lets you post images hosted somewhere else.

Or am I wrong? Maybe they are only making some adjustments to the new system? I really hope so.

Anyway, thank you very much for trying to bring visitors over to this forum and thread. That was very nice of you.

Best Regards,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/8/2009 1:09:25 AM

Dear Patricia,

I am so sorry for my delay in replying you. I am still adapting to the new Adland format and sometimes I get confused as to having or not responded to a particular friend's message. Anyway, thank you for posting and for your kind words of appreciation. Indeed, I more and more agree with you on Homer Winslow's works being wonderful. But it actually was Roger's merit to rediscover him to this forum and, to be frank, to me as well by taking the iniciative to create a thread on his fabulous work, and I must not fail to remind myself and everyone of this fact.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!