Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clouse

42 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: New Scam message circulating in adlandpro messenger.
11/25/2005 11:21:27 PM
I wrote and sent mine to Yahoo and I copied and will paste what they said to do just for anyone who wants to turn these bugers in: Hello, Thank you for writing to Yahoo! India. In this particular case, we have taken appropriate action against the Yahoo! account in question that was reported for fraudulent activities, as per our Terms of Service (TOS). Please know that Yahoo! is unable to disclose the action taken on another user's account with a third party. We are not able to make exceptions to this rule. If in the future you receive an unwanted email message that appears to derive from a Yahoo! Mail account, please include the following in your report of mail abuse to assist us in a prompt and full evaluation: 1) Original subject line -- please forward the email with a subject identical to the original subject. 2) Complete headers -- email programs often display abbreviated headers. To learn how to display the full headers in a Yahoo! Mail account, please visit the Yahoo! Mail Help Desk at: http://help.yahoo.com/help/in/mail/config/config-11.html If you are using a different client to read your email, please consult your email program's help system for more information on viewing full headers. 3) Complete message body -- please include the complete, unedited content of the email message in question. Please do not change or edit the message in any way. If reports of email abuse are missing any one of these three items, it may take longer for the Yahoo! Mail Abuse Team to properly investigate and take appropriate action. We appreciate your efforts in reporting this abuse to Yahoo!. Due to security restrictions of our custom messaging system, we request that you simply forward a copy of the message on to us as opposed to sending it in an attachment. Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care. Regards, Yahoo! India Customer Care
Kathy Clouse Putting People Before Profit
+0
Kathy Clouse

42 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/25/2005 11:29:04 PM
I just bookmarked that address, thanks, I am going to send all my reply's for my son's car there!!!
Kathy Clouse Putting People Before Profit
+0
11/26/2005 12:02:19 AM
Kathy, Well done, good for you. If you can send these emails back to the email providing service, they should be able to stop the scammers, for a few hours, until they get a new address that is. Also, saving those links is a good idea. your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0
11/26/2005 12:03:45 AM
Hi Steven. No problem's my friend, I do the same thing when I'm tired, like I am now. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0