Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: FBI Warns of Email Scam.
11/23/2005 10:02:54 PM
Anthony, Apple/Mac are built on a different platform and are not "Microsoft Windows-based". There are a lot of people out there that hate Microsoft and they will spare no energy at doing all they can to make Microsoft and its users miserable. Switching to a different browser seems to eliminate a lot of my worries and I also do not use Outlook Express which is included with windows operating systems. Thunderbird (email handler) by Mozilla will help prevent a lot of problems too. The virus builders have more trouble with making things work out in the Mozilla format for some reason. It may be that they don't have a problem with Mozilla... just with Microsoft. Leon
+0
11/23/2005 11:18:03 PM
Kathy. That is a very old trick that has been reported here before. They send you more than enough money for your car & for the shipping & ask you to send the rest back. While you do that, your bank will tell you that cashiers cheque is a forgery & you will be out a car & the money you sent to them which was the 'change' You also of course are stuck with the bill for shipping as well. Do not have anyhting to do with them Kathy. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0
11/23/2005 11:18:55 PM
Thea, Thank you so much for saying so. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0
11/23/2005 11:20:41 PM
Lorraine, Well at least you did not get stung by them. Deleting is always the best thing to do. Now you can also report them, but be careful opening them. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0
11/23/2005 11:28:35 PM
Leon, Thanks for that insight. Yes, I know that there is a big difference in the two platforms. Also, I have used FireFox by Mozilla for a long time as you so rightly say, IE security is as about as good as a bucket with a big hole in it & as Crazy Browser is from the same stable, it too can leave your computer in a mess . I have been researching some new programs that actually can make AppleMac perform similar to Windows but without the glaring security breaches. That way I can run almost all of my programs on AppleMac, even thought they were built using Windows. Well, that's the therory, will have to do a lot more research, or get a bigger desk & run 3 computers like Arild does daily instead of the two I run now. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!