Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Tips on Avoiding Violent Crime.
10/2/2005 10:07:00 AM
Hi Anthony, thanks for the invitation.Violence can sometimes strike the un expected,in July 2000 my brother was Murdered in his Bedroom shot in head and left for dead.Yes ladies and gentleman Australia has it's moments just like USA and other places however we are just not as much on the News. Greed,money and deceit she even sold his house.System caught up with her and police arrested her for Murder 1st degree and she was pleaded down to Manslaughter carrying 10 to 25 year's as she pleaded "substance abuser" judge gave her only 12 years all up.Not enough to say equal one's life being swiftly taken. Great forum with very good clear Rough but hey it's what is happening here folks and there too. We tend to forget these most Horrific stories and we dont usually post them but it was my brothers birthday on 26th September and he wasn't here all because of an act of Total insanity mixed in with utter Violence at it's worst. Try to alway's be alert,alway's. Warm regards, jeffrey OBrien
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2005 2:02:26 PM
Very gratful for the help! Thank you. Your friend,
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/2/2005 4:19:20 PM
Hi Anthony, Violent crimes are not just personal anymore. We should remember the ideas you have submitted for sure! There are many incidences of violent crimes being perpetrated against groups of people too. For example, terrorist attacks. We should all keep up a vigilant watch over each other and be aware of our surroundings when in public to help protect everyone. Thanks for the thread Anthony. Peace, Leon Horton
+0
10/2/2005 6:22:02 PM
James & Billie, That is not only sound advice, but it is the most sensible advice in States where CCP are leagal. Nevada as well as Texas, are two of the many 'enlightened States, & now Florida, has joined the growing numbers. I do not agree with people who say it is 'un-Christian, to be prepared to take someones life who is trying to take yours. As, generally the people who commit violent crimes are the scum of the earth, it seems more 'Christian' to make sure that these people cannot do it to others. As a Local police officer who lived a few house away advised us, "If someone attacks you or breaks in your house, make sure you shoot to kill, as they will only sue you if you wound them." Not only that, if they go to jail,it's our tax dollars that keep them, though 'incarcerated', in a more luxourious style, with ample learning & leisure opportunity's, than most honest people can afford. Have you noticed, that the States with the most gun-related acts of violence, are the ones, that lawful possesion of a firearm is banned to the average citizen. The only people with guns, are the criminals who where never licensed to have them in the first place. Like you wrote, there will be people who disagree with these statements, I just only hope they never have to go through the scenario of a violent attack, when they wish that they could have a weapon to protect themselves. Very good valid post James & Billie. Your friend in Las Vegas, Nevada.
+0
10/2/2005 6:24:39 PM
Kathy, Thank you for your kind compliments. I hope you are feeling better now, & I'm glad that we are on each others friends lists, as your forums are very informative & you are a most helpful member of our community.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!