Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Best Forum Award Winner for AUGUST 2009 is...
8/31/2009 3:03:46 AM

Dear Branka and Friends, BFA Team,

At long last I am back in this forum. For the last three days or so I have been trying to find my way in unknown territory, so to speak, and trying to get my bearings again amid the massive changes. Now I have finally found my way to you.

Actually I have been trying to save my GREAT ART OF THE WORLD forum from disaster, or at least to recover and heal the introductory post of my Hieronymus Bosch thread from the severe damage it suffered as a consequence of the changes. I must say Bogdan Fiedur himself, the owner of this great community, has been helping me with the task, which has proven gigantic. But he has finally left the post better than ever before.

The problem apparently was that I used html to prepare some of my last thread's introductory posts and even the simplest repair has now become most difficult to make in the new format, at least with my old PC.

So far I have not wanted to check on any of the other threads, but let’s expect the best.

But enough of it, I am feeling more positive today, and I hope everything will be okay now, especially at this wonderful forum here. I will try to post again tomorrow.

Blessings All, 

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Hieronymus Bosch - The Garden of Eathly Delights 

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/31/2009 3:45:02 AM

Congrats Luis.  Your forum is awesome.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/2/2009 6:03:03 PM

Dear Patricia,

You are so kind, thank you. I am glad the forum did not suffer major damage or at least that it has now been brought to as close to its original condition as possible. Actually it was Bogdan who personally worked the miracle, as I had given up after several frustrating attemts at it. 

It is true that we only checked on my latest, Hieronymus Bosch, thread for damage, so I don't actually know whether the others survived unharmed the change in format. But I did not use much html in them so we may expect the best also there.

And again, at least the thread on Akiane Kramarik, the child prodigy (which was the previous to that one), which I have just verified, is okay.Here is proof of it in one of her most incredible works, "The Change" (no pun intended).

Akiana Kramarik - The Change

As to the other threads, who knows? If I keep receiving congratulations from friends and visitors for the BFA I might try to check on other artists' masterworks so that I can bring more proof of their being safe and sound...

Thanks again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/12/2009 2:01:58 AM

Dear Branka, Friends and Visitors,

If there is something I do not like with forum threads, is seeing them languish once their apogee subsides. This is but normal when it comes to monthly topics, as they must float with the tide of visitors: as visitors begin getting sparse, after a while the topic languishes until it gracefully expires, though it may still receive a visitor here and there. But as is the case with the lunar cycles when the new moon is about to arrive, then is precisely the time for the next monthly topic to get started. 

To make it short, this is something that should normally have occurred with this and other weekly or monthly topics in this community, were it not for the fact that the change in the Adland format has somehow interrupted their normal course so that this time their end has been rather abrupt. Now, I don’t know if what I intend to do with this one topic will turn its demise a little less clumsy, but I can at least try.

What I propose is to show here a few of the masterworks featured in the main threads of my Great Art of the World forum, as I believe it will let me finish this topic – at least, in what concerns me – on a high note. I hope you will approve that.

If you don’t mind, I may start tomorrow. 

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/14/2009 9:32:28 PM

Dear Friends and Team,

I will, as of now, begin to post some of the best masterworks featured at one or other time in my "BEST ART OF THE WORLD" forum. I will avail myself of the fact that there seems to be an unexpected bonanza with the new format behaviour and my PC is working notably faster today.

So I will begin with the first masterwork ever featured at the forum. It was highly appreciated by all visitors and remains one of my best favorites ever, too. It certainly is a fine example of a most dramatic and unconventional master pieces and was painted by the so-called "The Other Michelangelo", a great Italian painter of the Rennaisance period, and the owner of a revolutionary technique called tenebrism: Michelangelo Merisi, widely known in the world of art as Caravaggio (1571? - 1610).

I hope you will enjoy viewing this and the next works that I will be posting in successive days.

Thank You,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Rest on Flight to Egypt by Caravaggio
(Galleria Doria-Pamphili, Rome, by a courtesy of the
Art Renewal Center)

Tomorrow: Christ Preaching at the Seaport
by Jan Brueghel, the Elder.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!