Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Best Forum Award Winner for AUGUST 2009 is...
10/22/2009 2:33:22 AM

Dear Branka, friends and visitors,

I don't know if I should keep bringing my featured artists and their master works over here in order to keep this thread alive, but anyway, I would like to still do it with at least one or two more if you don't mind.

Also, I hope to still receive at least a few more visitors here as the master works that I want to showcase are simply precious. So please come and post; your posts will be so welcome, and your visits will be worthwhile. 

Today I have felt strangely compelled to show two of the most beautiful master pieces by the celebrated Italian sculptor from the Early Rennaissance Luca della Robbia (1080-1482). The founder of his family sculpture workshop in Florence, Italy, he was regarded by his contemporaries as a leading artistic innovator.

You may see an enlarged view of the first at http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/database/image.asp?id=12273 and of the second at http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/database/image.asp?id=12266 .

You may visit here http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/519846/THEEARLYRENAISSANCELUCADELLAROBBIA/1.aspx for more information about this great artist.

Tore between these two absolutely breathtaking sculptures at the moment of creating Luca della Robbia's threat in my forum, I finally opted for showcasing the first one, his Madonna of the Roses, mainly based on the composition's stateliness. However, still now I am not sure whether I made the right choice, as the eerie beauty of both the Virgin and Child in the Madonna of the Apple is perhaps even superior to that of the corresponding saintly characters in the Madonna of the Roses, and its stately majesty is at the same time certainly no inferior.

Luca della Robbia - Madonna of the Roses (1450 - 1455)

Luca della Robbia - Madonna of the Apple (1455 - 1456)

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/8/2010 5:33:10 PM

Dear Friends,

Here is another great exponent of the Early Renaissance's religious art, Fra Filippo Lippi (c. 1406 - 1469), with one of the most beautiful masterworks ever painted in this cathegory.

Fra Filippo Lippi - Madonna with the Child and two Angels

This time I will make no other comment on the featured master piece as its superb workmanship and etereal beauty clearly speak for themselves. Those who wish more information about either the work or the artist may find it here.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
1/9/2010 5:18:59 PM

Thank you Luis for this is an inspiring painting to share in the beginning of 2010.

Madonna and Child

Madonna and Child with St Fredianus and St Augustine

1437-38
Panel, 208 x 244 cm
Musée du Louvre, Paris

Quote:

Dear Friends,

Here is another great exponent of the Early Renaissance's religious art, Fra Filippo Lippi (c. 1406 - 1469), with one of the most beautiful masterworks ever painted in this cathegory.

Fra Filippo Lippi - Madonna with the Child and two Angels

This time I will make no other comment on the featured master piece as its superb workmanship and etereal beauty clearly speak for themselves. Those who wish more information about either the work or the artist may find it here.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2010 11:58:15 PM

Dear Jan,

It is I who thank you for visiting and posting.

Sincerely,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!