Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Congratulate JOYCE PARKER-HYDE, the 199th POTW!
7/31/2009 7:22:25 PM

Hi Joyce,

Here are more bugless flowers but these have cats in them!!  They look just like my tiger cat, Minnie.  It's hard to find a tiger cat that doesn't look like all the rest!  I'm glad you're having a great week so far!  I have the same explanation to real life people as you do...we really DO have real friends online, no matter what our "real-life friends" think when we say that.

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2009 8:35:42 PM
Carla and Myrna, Great choice for the newest POTW! You gals are awesome yourselves. :) Joyce, Congratulations on being selected as the POTW. You deserve it. It sounds like you are a strong, flexible lady who knows how to survive all kinds of ill events. I wish the best of luck to you from now on. A cat rescuer...my kind of friend. DonnaZ
+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/1/2009 2:55:02 PM
Hi Joyce,

It is great to see your smiling face up in the lights and a wonderful chance to read your bio and catch up with what you have been doing lately. I am so happy that you are still working in your garden even though there seems to have been some struggles(OMG).

What is wonderful about your home is the history. The heritage going back to your Mum, and to the memories of people around you sounds very grounding. And now with all the recent scars and battles you have endured so gracefully, you have something that a lot of us don't have, that sense of place.

There is always a light side to balance the dark.

I certainly hope you do not have to drop everything and run this year and that you can enjoy a long uneventful fall and winter.

Enjoy your moment in the sun.

With Love

Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/1/2009 3:55:37 PM
Awwwww Nick, thanks so much.
The funny thing about what you said is that it took me 20 years of being away and having no place- to find out that I had one-kinda like Dorothy and the no place like home thing!
The thing that happened back then was one of those 'perfect storm' kind of convergence of things that probably would not happen again for dozens of years-now its just the brilliant politicians that are drowning us in stupidity that we can't escape.
It's a good thing I did the garden when I did because this year is much too hot to do much of anything at all, but I love to look out the window at it and use the time to read up on what to do next mixing up concoctions to test on the weeds.
Thanks for the combo of flowers and kitties Kathleen.
Donna - thanks for coming by, I appreciate your kind words. The cats, in my opinion, own the city. They have the right to live anywhere they want since they did not get evacuated; that was one of the more heart breaking episodes when people were forced to leave their pets behind because there were just no guidelines in place.
From what I have gathered, I'm just one stop on the food trail; they seem to have their choice of where they will dine from day-to-day.
And I've never seen any dogs messing with them-so something is going on out there.
I dare say there were people who perished because they would not go.
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2009 8:53:23 PM

Congratulations Joyce!

>>>> 199th POTW <<<<

Well, I'm not surprised at all! I have always found you a really interesting person and one who has amazing comments and insights here at our little community! and Joyce, you had me fooled! I didn't think you were a day over 40!

Congrats on potw but much more than that thanks for letting us all know a bit more about yourself. You've had a challenging life and would love to have a hand-painted tire flower planter! who are those thieves! Your artistry must be worth the fun they're having! maybe they sell them?

thanks for being so supportive and a kind friend
Beth

+0