Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Congratulate JOYCE PARKER-HYDE, the 199th POTW!
7/30/2009 5:56:33 PM
Hi Joyce,

Congratulations on winning the 199th POTW.

I hope those flower pot bandits leave your latest
creations in the yard for everyone to admire instead
of ripping them off.

Hopefully things get better and the hurricanes let
New Orleans rebuild itself bigger and better than
ever!

Cheers!

Jason

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/30/2009 6:32:34 PM
Thanks Jason,
The bandits are just bored kids!
When I first got back I tried to alert folks that bored kids are destructive ones-but did anybody listen?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
The weather people are worse than the hurricanes themselves-in the old days we had hurricane parties, now we have evacuations-that's progress - I guess.

Pat - I wasn't aware of how much I did recycle stuff until my son was going to Somalia on his first tour of duty or whatever they call it-he left his leather jacket in my care with specific instructions:
"Ma- don't draw on it, don't put anything sparkly on it - nothing! Give it back exactly like I left it!"
Hmmmm!
Oh Orange Leads is terriffic - they give you lots of free biz leads and stuff I have no idea what to do with. Now people are following me there as well as on Twitter!
My daughter thinks it is the funniest thing that I don't know why these people are following me and I haven't gone anyplace-sheesh!

Oh and Luis - I don't know if I can take credit for feeding the kitties; I had to subcontract out the mice defence unit since Cali is such a Diva she only chases bugs and flies.
+0
7/30/2009 9:36:25 PM
Hello Joyce,

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt341/marvin_cp04/ra-sunbird-congratulations.gif

On being the 199th POTW. Have a fantastic week,

Andrea

Have some fun reading A Curious Garden Talks. Great for children and fun loving adults,too! http://acuriousgardentalks.yolasite.com/about-me.php Who Let The Splashes Out??? Gillwho Did: http://gillwho.wordpress.com/
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2009 8:37:13 AM

Thank you POTW Team and congrats to Carla and Myrna for being the Nominators of the week.

Joyce, my friend!!

You are an amazing human being.  There are a lot of people here at Adland that I would love to meet and you are at the top of that list.  I marvel with the dedication and enthusiasm you have for life. You have "zest"! I ALWAYS listen when you speak as the wisdom always shines through.  Your bio was one of the most interesting bios I have ever read.

Congratulations on a very well deserved week as the Queen of Adland!  Enjoy every minute and never stop being you!!

Hugs and blessings,

Judy

C  O  N  G  R  A  T  U  L  A  T  I  O  N  S

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2009 9:12:36 AM
Andrea and Judy, Len
Thank you all so much- now see I was gonna go back and pick up the names I missed like Branka, Cheryl , et al - but then I would forget what I wanted to say.

I have mentioned before that AdlandPro keeps me sane (hahahahaha)- it is the place where I spend more time than any other except outside in the yard.
This is a place where people can safely grow into who they want to become online and correct their errors along the way to their perfection.
Every other community it seems (CMU is one exception that comes to mind) quickly devolves into nothing more than classified ads. I read them - but they are kind of boring, and not too believable.

I have to laugh at some of the invitations I get - sometimes I have to ask the person- did you read anything about me?
Exactly what did you read that made you think I would be interested in that?
I would be an excellent marketer - if I were interested in marketing-LOL.
I used to be - but my life seems to have jumped into something else- and I just have to go with it.

People start out as friends and soon, in most cases, you realize that you have become a dollar sign to them and nothing more-that is too sad.

That does not happen as much here - Bogdan's spirit to attract a certain kind of people seems to offer a kind of protection from that nonsense.
Alain has offered a very good warning to new people about doing that kind of thing, as has Mary in the past-I hope Mary our classy retired school teacher is doing ok-I miss her.

Where else could a person sitting in a hot humid room in the dirty south (I've heard it called that) gain a brother in Nigeria (Sam) a rainbow of soul sisters spanning the globe; a nephew in Serbia (Luka) - have a beautiful lady sitting in a proper English garden sending angel cuddles acrosss the pond?
Thanks Sarah.

+0