Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rick Martin

463 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: The President That Hates His Country By Joan Swirsky
6/18/2012 4:04:05 PM
Hello Peter and Friends,

This mornings FOX article says a lot about my feelings I have expressed.

[if !mso]> Barack Obama -- a legend in his own mind?

By Michael Goodwin

Published June 18, 2012

New York Post

• Description: obama-skeptical660.jpg

Watching President Obama flop around like a fish out of water, careening from gaffe to desperation to dishonesty, I find myself searching for ways to put his troubling behavior into historic perspective.

Is this The Unmaking of a President? Or is it The Unmasking? Perhaps we are witnessing an American Tragedy. Or maybe we’re seeing final proof his election was The Great Mistake.

All those fit the facts, and lead to a shared conclusion. So far, the 2012 election has almost nothing to do with Mitt Romney. Even the GOP doesn’t love its choice, but the race is a dead heat because Obama is so disappointing.

His fall from grace does more than merely confirm the conventional wisdom that elections are a referendum on the incumbent. Notwithstanding White House efforts to make the race about something or someone else, Obama remains the straw that stirs the drink.

But what a strange straw he is. Far stranger than we knew.

The man who campaigned against the “torture” of war prisoners boasts of killing suspects while taking no prisoners. He called rising debts “un-American” before setting a new record for borrowing. He railed against the imperial presidency before stretching it beyond recognition. The former law-school instructor tried to bully the Supreme Court.

Just who is Barack Obama? The question lingers like an itch that can’t be scratched.

A partial answer, the flattering part, was provided by his history-making 2008 victory. But his failure to unite the country and lack of interest in the actual work of governing provide an alternative view. More recently, with the world spinning out of control and the economy stuck in slow speed, he looks dangerously reckless.

And now comes more unsettling information, thanks to a new biography by David Maraniss, a Washington Post writer and editor.

Earlier excerpts of “Barack Obama, The Story,” made headlines, with one showing Obama as a total pothead and another revealing that a key scene in one of Obama’s own books involved a composite character.

That was just the start. An early review of the full book suggests it will shatter much of what we thought we knew about him. It seems Obama’s memoir, “Dreams From My Father,” is chock full of characters he created to fit his narrative. Not once or twice, but virtually every time he wanted to explain breakthroughs in his celebrated search for identity.

“Throughout ‘Dreams,’ the moments that Obama has invented are precisely the occasions of his epiphanies — precisely those periodic aha! moments that carry the book,” Andrew Ferguson writes in his Weekly Standard review. “Obama wasn’t just inventing himself; he was inventing himself inventing himself.”

Without the fabrication, “not much is left,” Ferguson says. Obama’s memoir thus turns out to be a hologram of his life instead of the real thing.

Not incidentally, character invention is a trick Obama still uses. The straw men opponents he sets up in virtually every speech are the political equivalent of the technique he used in “Dreams.”

In both cases, we end up with fictional stand-ins for Obama and others. You have to wonder if he even knows the difference anymore between truth and fiction.

Still, his trick has worked political magic because, Ferguson writes, Obama “did in effect what so many of us have done with him. He created a fable about an Obama far bigger and more consequential than the unremarkable man at its center. He joins us, haters and idolaters . . . looking this way and that, desperately trying to see what isn’t there.”

The book confirms again that the mainstream media failed miserably to vet Obama four years ago. But here we are, and now what?

In a speech last week, Obama was in straw-man/fiction mode in trying to shift the focus from his record. Voters have a choice, he declared, between “two fundamentally different views of which direction America should take.”

Leaving aside the snide reviews — a rehash, too long, too lecturing — the speech fell short in a basic way. In outlining this “choice,” Obama neglected the first question voters face.

Who is Barack Obama?

To continue reading Michael Goodwin's New York Post column on other topics, including The New York Times and the NYPD, click hereDescription: http://global.fncstatic.com/static/all/img/external-link.png.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/18/barack-obama-legend-in-his-own-mind/#ixzz1yA1TgWT0

Always Ask What would Christ do and follow your heart.
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2012 3:02:55 PM
Hi Helen,

Good to see you. It's been ages since we heard from you. Hope all is well with you.

Great video. It's an oldie but definitely hits the nail on the head.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Hello Peter and all

Bob Hope on Democrats ...

You might have seen this before but it's worth it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIpI8IxgFs

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2012 3:07:56 PM
Hey Rick,

A very good article and it sure supports all we've been saying about the fraud and great pretender.

This guy duped the idiots that voted for him and as you can see there are still some out there. I guess they have a problem admitting they made a horrendous mistake and they are to be pitied for their inadequacies.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
Hello Peter and Friends,

This mornings FOX article says a lot about my feelings I have expressed.

[if !mso]> [endif]

Barack Obama -- a legend in his own mind?

By Michael Goodwin

Published June 18, 2012

New York Post

• Description: obama-skeptical660.jpg

Watching President Obama flop around like a fish out of water, careening from gaffe to desperation to dishonesty, I find myself searching for ways to put his troubling behavior into historic perspective.

Is this The Unmaking of a President? Or is it The Unmasking? Perhaps we are witnessing an American Tragedy. Or maybe we’re seeing final proof his election was The Great Mistake.

All those fit the facts, and lead to a shared conclusion. So far, the 2012 election has almost nothing to do with Mitt Romney. Even the GOP doesn’t love its choice, but the race is a dead heat because Obama is so disappointing.

His fall from grace does more than merely confirm the conventional wisdom that elections are a referendum on the incumbent. Notwithstanding White House efforts to make the race about something or someone else, Obama remains the straw that stirs the drink.

But what a strange straw he is. Far stranger than we knew.

The man who campaigned against the “torture” of war prisoners boasts of killing suspects while taking no prisoners. He called rising debts “un-American” before setting a new record for borrowing. He railed against the imperial presidency before stretching it beyond recognition. The former law-school instructor tried to bully the Supreme Court.

Just who is Barack Obama? The question lingers like an itch that can’t be scratched.

A partial answer, the flattering part, was provided by his history-making 2008 victory. But his failure to unite the country and lack of interest in the actual work of governing provide an alternative view. More recently, with the world spinning out of control and the economy stuck in slow speed, he looks dangerously reckless.

And now comes more unsettling information, thanks to a new biography by David Maraniss, a Washington Post writer and editor.

Earlier excerpts of “Barack Obama, The Story,” made headlines, with one showing Obama as a total pothead and another revealing that a key scene in one of Obama’s own books involved a composite character.

That was just the start. An early review of the full book suggests it will shatter much of what we thought we knew about him. It seems Obama’s memoir, “Dreams From My Father,” is chock full of characters he created to fit his narrative. Not once or twice, but virtually every time he wanted to explain breakthroughs in his celebrated search for identity.

“Throughout ‘Dreams,’ the moments that Obama has invented are precisely the occasions of his epiphanies — precisely those periodic aha! moments that carry the book,” Andrew Ferguson writes in his Weekly Standard review. “Obama wasn’t just inventing himself; he was inventing himself inventing himself.”

Without the fabrication, “not much is left,” Ferguson says. Obama’s memoir thus turns out to be a hologram of his life instead of the real thing.

Not incidentally, character invention is a trick Obama still uses. The straw men opponents he sets up in virtually every speech are the political equivalent of the technique he used in “Dreams.”

In both cases, we end up with fictional stand-ins for Obama and others. You have to wonder if he even knows the difference anymore between truth and fiction.

Still, his trick has worked political magic because, Ferguson writes, Obama “did in effect what so many of us have done with him. He created a fable about an Obama far bigger and more consequential than the unremarkable man at its center. He joins us, haters and idolaters . . . looking this way and that, desperately trying to see what isn’t there.”

The book confirms again that the mainstream media failed miserably to vet Obama four years ago. But here we are, and now what?

In a speech last week, Obama was in straw-man/fiction mode in trying to shift the focus from his record. Voters have a choice, he declared, between “two fundamentally different views of which direction America should take.”

Leaving aside the snide reviews — a rehash, too long, too lecturing — the speech fell short in a basic way. In outlining this “choice,” Obama neglected the first question voters face.

Who is Barack Obama?

To continue reading Michael Goodwin's New York Post column on other topics, including The New York Times and the NYPD, click hereDescription: http://global.fncstatic.com/static/all/img/external-link.png.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/18/barack-obama-legend-in-his-own-mind/#ixzz1yA1TgWT0

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2012 3:09:22 PM
Hello Friends.

I received the below graphic from a very good friend. I must say it really doesn't need any additional comment cos it says it all and the old hillbilly saying is the icing on the cake.

Shalom,

Peter

An old Hillbilly saying:
You can't get the water to clear up,
until you get the pigs out of the creek

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Rick Martin

463 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/21/2012 12:47:53 AM
Hello Peter,

I came across this article that labels BO as a Domestic Enemy to the Constitution. I wonder how long it will take for others to turn.

FINALLY !!!... Obama Is A Domestic Enemy of the Constitution!... THE WASHINGTON TIMES

FINALLY !!!... Obama Is A Domestic Enemy of the Constitution!... THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Posted by TONY SALAZAR on June 18, 2012 at 7:58pm in Tea Party
Send Message View Discussions
.National Newspaper: Obama Is A Domestic Enemy of the Constitution!
■Posted by Jared Law on June 18, 2012 at 4:17pm in Elections, Issues, Media Bias, News, & Politics■Send Message View DiscussionsBetter late than never, right?
While the Washington Times is arguably the most conservative newspaper in America, and is actually a good source of information, it's actually surprising it took THIS LONG for them to figure out what we all knew by February-April, 2009:
Barack Hussein Obama is a domestic ENEMY of the Constitution of the United States of America.
Now this is obvious to anybody in the Tea Party/9.12 Project movement, it may be obvious to anybody who is already part of our movement, but for the less-informed 'conservatives' who don't understand the Constitution as well as they ought, it's quite a revelation. And to those same people, just saying so might sound a little extreme.
I wish such Americans would consider just how far the Overton Window has shifted, and how EXTREME the seemingly normal Marxism of the Barack Hussein Obama Regime (and truth to be told, most Democrats on the national scene, and even some 'Progressive' Republicans) truly is, especialy compared to those of us who have awakened, and who have self-educated to the point that the headline above is as obvious to us, and has been for years, as the noses on our faces.
The sad thing is that the majority of Americans still don't 'get it,' nor will they, for quite some time. What's even worse, if we don't take back education & the media, from the Marxist stranglehold by which they're currently being held, most Americans will never know, and we'll sound like extremists for the rest of our lives.
Are you willing to do what it takes to take back not just the levers of power, but also the education & media institutions that will inevitably help the left cover up their destruction, should we fail to take them back?
Here's the opinion piece from the Washington Times' Sunday edition:
--------

Obama’s A Domestic Enemy Of The U.S. Constitution
By Joseph Curl | Sunday, June 17, 2012
ANALYSIS/OPINION:
“Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation — I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.*
“* Unless, you know, 224 years from now, whoever happens to president simply decides he really doesn’t want to do that.”
— Article II, Section 1, Clause 8 of Barack Obama’s U.S. Constitution
The Founders set the course in a simple, concise, 35-word affirmation — the president’s top job is to “preserve, protect and defend” the Constitution. The chief executive does, of course, have other responsibilities, but his guardianship of the document they had just written was deemed by the Founders to be of such great import that they made him swear it — aloud, in front of witnesses.
In 1884, Congress, having no set oath of office, wrote its own: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same …”
Little did they know then that 128 years later, America would face just that: a domestic threat to the U.S. Constitution.
From the very beginning, the president and his administration made clear they had no intention of enforcing laws they didn’t like. Mr. Obama and his minions decided that they would simply stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act, no longer prosecute growers of “medical” marijuana, and let some states walk away from provisions in the No Child Left Behind law (which, by the way, was co-authored by Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, and passed the Senate by a 91-8 vote).
Mr. Obama’s Justice Department has even more flagrantly flouted the laws of the land. Out of the blue, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., the nation’s chief law enforcement officer, reinterpreted America’s gambling laws (and dumped the decision on Christmas Eve so as to avoid scrutiny). More recently, Mr. Holder has decided to thwart congressional oversight by refusing to release documents on the disastrous “Fast and Furious” gun-running scheme, and he is actively fighting Florida for trying to expunge dead people from its voter rolls.
Now comes Mr. Obama’s decision to stop enforcing America’s immigration laws. The new policy states that illegal immigrants who were younger than 16 when they entered the country are eligible for a two-year exemption from deportation. Of course, the “deferred action process,” as Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano called it, will apply to illegals up to age 30. (Think when they legally get their driver’s licenses they will also be handed a voter registration card?)
The increasingly desperate Mr. Obama, once a constitutional professor, knows full well he is circumventing Congress. In March 2011 he told a group of young Hispanics: “America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the president, am obligated to enforce the law. I don’t have a choice about that. That’s part of my job.
“Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws,” he said. “There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president.”
So why now? Politics. The Hispanic population in Florida, Virginia, Nevada, New Mexico and Colorado may well decide the November election, and with working-class whites, religious blacks, disenchanted young people and Jews fleeing in droves, Mr. Obama is looking to shore up his support, even if that means violating his oath to protect the Constitution.
Continuing his nonstop campaign of division — black against white, rich against poor, straight against gay, religious against secular, race against race — the president is seeking to build whatever loose coalition of support he can. Forget bipartisanship; a coalition of the middle, Mr. Obama’s sole path to victory, he thinks, is to stir up so much discontent within different strata that he can win re-election.
Of course, the liberals who whined about President George W. Bush’s signing statements haven’t made a peep about Mr. Obama’s Napoleonic power grab.
“What’s ironic,” columnist Charles Krauthammer noted, “is for eight years, the Democrats have been screaming about the imperial presidency with the Bush administration — the nonsense about the unitary executive. This is out-and-out lawlessness.”
But that doesn’t matter when you are King Barack. The Founders were determined to make sure no American leader ever had the power King George III enjoyed. Which is why they also wrote this in the Constitution: “The president, vice president and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”

Always Ask What would Christ do and follow your heart.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!