Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: PIED PIPER FAIRY TALE - FACT OR FICTION?
3/16/2009 12:45:19 AM

Sunny Greetings from California, Peter and Friends!

Many thank
s for posting The Great Pretender by the Platter. It is sure an oldie. I haven't heard it for quite a while. I enjoyed listening to it again. It is also very appropriate for Obama. Also thanks for posting the lyrics.

Regarding Warren Buffet, as a Californian, I am not a bit surprised that Buffet has been a strong supporter of Obama.

I do admire Warren Buffet as one of the most successful and brilliant investors in the world. However, he has greatly disappointed me in the last few years. In 2003 he supported Arnold Schwarzenegger in a recall governor election in California. He was on economic advisory board for Arnold.
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, one of the famous RINOs, has created more financial burden for California than any other governors in the history of the state. Instead of cutting excessive spending on many social programs, Arnold put out a tin cup for bail out money. Even with $32 billion stimulus package, the deficit of California has been ballooned up. Californians are going to pay higher taxes for many years to come.

Warren Buffet also disappointed me when he backed higher taxes, including inheritance taxes. More money for government!!!!!

In short, I strongly disagree with Warren Buffet's political stance.

P.S. -- For the record, I did not vote for Arnold. 

Until next time--

Have an Awesome Week and Shalom!

JoAnne Green
Principal / International Risk Management Advisor

Integrity 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes)  Experience 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Dependability

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2009 7:14:32 AM

Hi JoAnne,

I guess Warren Buffett's political choices aren't as good as his business acumen. From all I've read he knows how to save on expenses and is totally against wastage. So his supporting Arnold is a bit surprising and BHO even more so. In all his choices of business partners and those that would head his different businesses he always chose men or women with experience and knowledge of the specific business they were to run. BHO had none of that in his resume quite the opposite.

Oh well that's life you can't be perfect in everything I guess. Still wouldn't mind having a few shares in his investment group.

Glad you enjoyed the Platters. They brought back fond memories. I thought the lyrics suited BHO to a T.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2009 2:43:12 AM

Hello Friends,

I saw this today in Atlas Shrugs and just had to post it. There will probably be complaints about it but the truth has to be seen and heard.

The moral of it is important but considering that he doesn't care much for the Constitution of the US it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Shalom,

Peter

Atlas Shrugs

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2009 6:56:28 AM

While funny it shows the mentality of the populace and even Atlas Shrugs.  We have term limits and elections to combat this.  If I am not mistaken this came out during Bush's admin in the first place.

The argument could be made of Bush, however, I do not believe anyone believes Obama is a moron.  He is a narcissist and Islamists but not a moron.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2009 7:08:48 AM

Hmmmmm, interesting comment Jim.

I wouldn't mind having the following and readership that Atlas Shrugs has and in addition they are doing a good service.

As to the origin and when this graphic was first seen I can't say. I saw it for the first time and aside from many other negative attributes BHO has many of his actions since taking office can be considered moronic. But, that's just an opinion.

I wasn't planning to leave this graphic up for long and that hasn't changed but for the time being it stays put.

Shalom,

Peter  

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!