Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Akiane Kramarik, a child prodigy
2/24/2009 12:27:45 PM

Dear Roger,

Where Akiane will take us is really difficult if not impossible to know. I have been trying to determine which stuff she most excels in and have not been able to.

As with any great artist, beyond our natural preferences, all three of the main trends she cultivates (landscapes, portraits and surreal) range from good to very good to excellent.

Generally speaking, in my opinion at least, she has not gone from good to better or from better to worse over the years either, as is the case with many good artists; rather, she has kept a very high level throughout as corresponds to a true genius.

You are so right too about the difficulty to understand how she can paint like she does without any technical training. Like a Leonardo or a Durer, it was innate, and all that she needed to know about sketching and painting she learned on her own.

Or did she?

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/24/2009 1:55:23 PM
Luis,   You said it right...."Or did she?"   I don't believe she learned it all here, but much came along with her; it was already in her.  It's very amazing; I really think it's Divine, this talent she came to us with and no less divine than her heart and spirit.  What a beautiful girl, and It seems very obvious that God sent gifts to "us" through her.  I see her heart/spirit in her also amazing words which confirm that her giftedness comes from above.  I am very touched to have had opportunity to know of her and see the spirit and talent she displays; and I do believe that there are messages in her life, words, and art that are meant for us.    Thank You,  Kim
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2009 2:41:28 PM

Luis,

I love her surreal stuff because the compositions are not just beautiful but have amazing depth and balance, however, it is the portraits that do it for me. The best ones have something special.

There is a real spiritual feeling that trancends pure portaiture.

Every portrait feels to me as if it was imagined IN DETAIL before a brush was lifted.

I am in awe. When I saw her interviewed I was blown away by her maturity mixed with innocence.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2009 8:51:44 PM

Dear Judy, Sarah, Peter, Jo, Kim, Beryl and Roger,

I am very sorry for not being able to reply to your kind and insightful posts right now. Belated as I was, I expected to begin addressing them this very evening, but the last two or three days turned out to be so trying for me that I have been left both physically and mentally exhausted, and I would not like to reply, nor you deserve to be replied, in a perfunctory or careless way; most especially Kim and Roger, who have contributed twice.

So I will try to start tomorrow morning, if possible, very early. Meanwhile, I would like to thank you all for visiting this thread and offering your comments.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2009 4:34:14 AM

Dear Judy,

Here I am back again.

Thank you so much for coming by. In my opinion, you have hit the core of Akiane's art with your choice, "The Prince of Peace" and "The Change".

Here is a wonderful video of Akiane that I believe you will enjoy as much as I just did on watching it. Unlike her first video, which I may include later at the beginning of this thread, this one contains many early sketches and lots of her other artwork.

Thanks again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!