Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA Super dedication ~ No Borders And No Boundaries
2/23/2009 6:27:03 AM

click! for the music and for the lyrics!

((youtube id="VflKiZzb4h4"))((/youtube))

as always,
Anamaria

+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2009 7:13:19 AM

Hi AnaMaria!

Nice to see You at the end here!

For You and for not-speaking Russian members and visitors I'll translate my previous post, just  a moment...

P.S. Just now on Russian TV - Birthday of a artist

Look the video and guess, how old is he?

((youtube id="d6mQ9YH4vsM"))((/youtube))

Hugs and love, Lydia

+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2009 8:03:58 AM

Sorry, Georgios for long Russian text, but You wrote in my forum, that You want to learn Russian, didn't You?

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/1202639/1/ShowThread.aspx

Georgios wrote:

"Hello Lydia!

Thank you for the invitation to EN101. English is my 3rd language. I imagine it will always be. What I learned in life will always be my base. Having Greek as base language there will always be a question. Shall I learn better English? For what purpose when English is decreasing as world language aground the world.

Maybe I should say privet! Russian language is increasing right now. Russia may not be a strong country but more and more people want to learn Russian.

Georgios"

For AnaMaria and another not-speaking Russian friends and visitors translation to English of my previous post in Russian:

Comrade Egor (Russian variant of name Georgios)!

Thanks for movie, Februraly 23 in Russia we celebrate Day of the Defender of Fatherland, and this song approaches to this date

" Rise, the hugest country , rise on mortal fight

With the fascist force dark, with damnation horde!

Let fury noble

Boils, as a wave,

There is a war national,

Sacred war! "

But what attitude can have it to my dear girlfriend AnneMaria, I in any way cannot understand. You inflate from the fly the elephant, it seems to me, and probably, she does not wish to be in your harem on your conditions.

I send you the reference to one more song in honour of the Soviet army which have released the Europe from fascism.

((youtube id="AElfn5UBILw"))((/youtube))

Расцветали яблони и груши,
Apple and pear trees were a-blooming,
Поплыли туманы над рекой.
Mist (was) creeping on the river.
Выходила на берег Катюша,
Katyusha set out on the banks,
На высокий берег на крутой.
On the steep and lofty bank.

Выходила, песню заводила
She was walking, singing a song
Про степного, сизого орла,
About a grey steppe eagle,
Про того, которого любила,
About her true love,
Про того, чьи письма берегла.
Whose letters she was keeping.

Ой ты, песня, песенка девичья,
Oh you song! Little song of a maiden,
Ты лети за ясным солнцем вслед.
Head for the bright sun.
И бойцу на дальнем пограничье
And reach for the soldier on the far-away border
От Катюши передай привет.
Along with greetings from Katyusha

Пусть он вспомнит девушку простую,
Let him remember an ordinary girl,,
Пусть услышит, как она поет,
And hear how she sings,
Пусть он землю бережет родную,
Let him preserve the Motherland,

А любовь Катюша сбережёт!

And Katyusha will preserve the love!

In Russia on February, 23rd is still and " man's day ". This day women congratulate men, and on March, 8th - "Women's day".

On February, 14th at us too start to mark, but not so it is wide. Valentine is Catholic sacred, and at us the majority concerns to orthodox christianity.

On February, 23rd in Russia - the beginning of the Pancake week mark in:    Православные праздники Праздники славян Праздники Беларуси Праздники Кипра Праздники России Праздники Украины 

This year the Pancake Week in Russia begins on February, 23rd and proceeds till March, 1st.
You are ready to meeting?

We call it Maslenitsa, the pagan Slavic holiday celebrating the end of winter and the start of spring. Its roots are deep in our culture and nothing can stop us enjoying it to the full. Or perhaps enjoying it too much.
In pre-Christian Russia, Maslenitsa was the happiest holiday, marking the beginning of work in the fields. Despite the church and the Soviet, it has survived.

Pancake week is celebrated across the country, especially in rural areas, with festivals, singing and dancing, troika rides, storming snow fortresses, and burning effigies of Lady Maslenitsa, who represents winter.

After Russia adopted Christianity in 988, the church tried but failed to suppress the pagan holiday, but eventually Maslenitsa was included in the Orthodox calendar as Cheesefare Week before Lent. The Soviet government also attempted to abolish Maslenitsa as a "bourgeois prejudice". Between 1917 and 1991, the holiday was banned, but was still celebrated in most Russian families, although not as widely and publicly as before the Bolshevik revolution or now in democratic Russia. Street carnivals and troika rides were not allowed, but plenty of good food was always present.

During Pancake week, Russians not only celebrate, but also eat their fill, in preparation for the long fast ahead. Traditional Russian pancakes are round, golden and warm, symbolising a spring sun since ancient times.

Throughout Pancake week, all Russians are happy, and full of hope and expectation. Pancake week ends with a truly Russian, deep and very touching rite – Forgiveness Sunday. On that day, all people ask one another's forgiveness for voluntary or involuntary offences that occurred during the past year. And, surprisingly, they give it readily and willingly.

Based on The Great Russian Linguistic Vocabulary information

For mor informtion about Pancake week visit my forum

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/978090/11/ShowThread.aspx

please

Happy meeting spring!

From Russia with love, Lydia

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2009 1:04:27 PM
Hi Kathleen!

Thank you for the advice t oour friends on how to stay in an active community. Being an old member with your experience you know best.

I would like to share a nice song with you. I sang a varaition of this song in school in Sweden in the late 60-ies.

'We Shall Overcome'
DIANA ROSS
@ 1996 Budapest concert performing 

Happy New Week
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2009 1:10:42 PM

Thank you Lydia,

I enjoyed reading that.

We in England have just one day a year as Pancake Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday

It is always on Shrove Tuesday which has different celebrations elsewhere.

Roger

+0