Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - Interesting Question
1/27/2009 5:04:23 AM

Hi Helen,

Good to see you here.

Dry Bones is a pragmatist and doesn't deal with prophecies. His question is a serious one in a way that shows the biased reporting world wide and the world opinion about what's happening in Israel as a consequence of the reporting and the growing influence Islam has in all the European countries. Their next step is the USA and that's already started.

On a personal level I believe the UN would condemn Israel if the US doesn't veto it. Now with B Hussein in the White House I doubt we'll have the support we had in the past.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/27/2009 10:35:29 AM

Good Morning, Peter and Friends!

Just a quick note to remind you that Tuesday, January 27, 2009, is an International Holocaust Remembrance Day.

In 2005, The United Nations General Assembly designated January 27 as an annual international day of commemoration to honor the victims of the Nazi era. This date marks the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi death camp. Every member nation of the U.N. has an obligation to honor the memory of Holocaust victims and develop educational programs as part of the resolve to help prevent future acts of genocide.
(Source: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum)

To learn about  Holocaust Education, Remembrance and Research, please visit the website of the Task Force, http://www.holocausttaskforce.org/

Have a Blessed Day and Shalom!

JoAnne Green
Principal / International Risk Management Advisor

Integrity 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes)  Experience 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Dependability
Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/27/2009 10:52:33 AM

Secretary-General
SG/SM/10844
OBV/605

Secretary-General, in message for holocaust victims memorial day, stresses importance of reasserting commitment to human rights

Following is the text of United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon’s message for the second observance of the International Day in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust, to be observed on 27 January:

The Holocaust was a unique and undeniable tragedy.  Decades later, the systematic murder of millions of Jews and others retains its power to shock. The ability of the Nazis to command a following, despite their utter depravity, still strikes fear. And above all, the pain remains: for ageing survivors, and for all of us as a human family that witnessed a descent into barbarism.

The work of remembrance pays tribute to those who perished. But it also plays a vital role in our efforts to stem the tide of human cruelty.  It keeps us vigilant for new outbreaks of anti-Semitism and other forms of intolerance.  And it is an essential response to those misguided individuals who claim that the Holocaust never happened, or has been exaggerated.

The International Day in memory of the victims of the Holocaust is thus a day on which we must reassert our commitment to human rights. That cause was brutally desecrated at Auschwitz, and by genocides and atrocities since.

We must also go beyond remembrance, and make sure that new generations know this history.  We must apply the lessons of the Holocaust to today’s world. And we must do our utmost so that all peoples must enjoy the protections and rights for which the United Nations stands.

On this International Day, I reiterate my strong commitment to that mission, and call on all to join in our common quest for human dignity.

Have a Blessed Day and Shalom!

JoAnne Green
Principal / International Risk Management Advisor

Integrity 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes)  Experience 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Dependability

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/27/2009 10:13:41 PM

Hello JoAnne,

Thank you for your post about the Remembrance Day For The Holocaust. I normally do this every year but you (and then Jim with your post in his forum) beat me to the punch.

It's interesting that you used the UN Secretary General's speech since he showed a dual personality when he was in Israel a few weeks ago. But, never the less his words ring true and the world should indeed never forget.

It's because we can't forget that we are so adamant to protect Israel, all our citizens and Jews world wide from all that wish to harm and destroy us.

Thanks for your friendship & Shalom,

Peter 

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza
1/29/2009 9:54:35 PM
Hi Peter,
Greetings!
Thanks for sharing this.  My only thoughts when war happens is the children.  This are innocent human beings that have been caught up with adults who seem to indulge or have been thought to indulge in wars.

To see them hurt and broken is truly unnecessary.

Thanks once again.

Love,
Rinna
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!