Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Give a man a fish OR teach him how to fish ...
8/28/2005 6:43:32 AM
Hello everyone. I bring a senario to the table that looks into the networking aspect of business. We all remember the "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day or teach him how to fish and he will eat forever." So, I recieved a messege asking a favor about passing the word around for someone's website since I am 'connected' as they said. I didn't recognize the name so I do the customary look at the profile. Come to find that the person has been a member for a while and has less than 50 'friends' in their list. Granted, I have over 2400 as you can see. Would it be right to honor his request or should I direct/offer him directions to building his 'friends' list? How would you handle this and give your reason(s) to your answers. Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Give a man a fish OR teach him how to fish ...
8/28/2005 7:15:44 AM
Hello Kenneth, Thanks for inviting me.I would send him an email look at his profile and if they screen OK I invite them.Not proir to these three Important issues will I invite. I have seen damage from unknown profiles and they can cause a lot of trouble really they can. I feel it's like the fish story however if we give a person friends how do we know they are suitable for him and his personality(freely speaking)NO It's far better to teach them how to screen and invite and most Importantly why??? have a wonderful day Kenneth regards Jeffrey
+0
8/28/2005 8:04:14 AM
Hi Kenneth, I say teach him how to fish. One of my friends here,only mentioned this same quote to me the other day,I asked if he could check out a website to see if it's a scam. The reply was detailed on how I could do it as well as the result of his findings,as he said and correctly stated that if I didnt learn myself I wouldnt get very far. I think the same goes here. Leanne Busby http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz
+0
8/28/2005 8:19:08 AM
Hi Kenneth, On your question I will quote Mark Twain "Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Maria
Maria Bumbarova Vanak Ltd Bulgaria,Sofia Top Internet Marketing Experts and Their Unique Products http://onlinemarketingtraining.blogspot.com/
+0
Leo
Leo Radunz

30 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/28/2005 10:54:40 AM
Hello Kenneth, I suggest that you teach them to fish. Or... give them the option. Would they like to learn how? (which is respectful) Or do they 'really' want someone to do the work for them? (That's the lazy way out) There's no excuse for ignorance. Education lasts a lifetime.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!