Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: try again - "What does all this mean?"
10/18/2008 11:38:30 AM

Hi Neil,

Very interesting.  First it brings home that the US i not the big power of the world and we should stop thinking that we control the whole world.

Second the amount of technology that was mentioned on the video is astounding.  I have often thought, if my parents were to come back to earth, what would they think of all the changes.  They paid for phone calls,  no zip code needed,  the US post office was the way to send greetings and receive bills, they paid bills in person or mailed to a real office they could call and go visit if they had a problem.  They spoke to real people when they called for assistance on the phone. they would not know words such as text message, mouse, url, Ipod, terrorism, marketing (they only talked to sales people), skype, EKG, male enhancement (tee hee) meds, matrix, downline, .  Lots more that even I don't know and understand even tho I have been here  while all of this has been created.

I remember when my grandparents were confused by television. During that era, grandparents and parents taught the children.  Now it is reversed. Can't open a "kid proof" jar, ask them.  Can't make something work on the computer, ask them.  They program our technology while we struggle to keep up with technology.

I am feeling the frustration that my parents and grandparents endured.  Amazing what 20 years can mean when techology is growing at the speed it is.

Not a member of Adlandpro, come join me and I will welcome you. http://community.adlandpro.com/go/mahofst/partner.aspx

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2008 11:40:28 AM

It means....

OPPORTUNITY!

More friends to make...
More smiles to share...
More hugs to expend...
More business to create...
More prayers...
More believers...
More food to grow...
More distribution systems...
More schools to build...
And a lot more love...

Awesome video Neil!!!!

I was going through some old saved stuff in the garage with my kids last year. 

My wife still had her tape player and some tapes from the early 70s.  The kids had never heard of an 8 track player.

This system had a record player built in too.  The kids had seen them on TV, but they were astonished that we had one in our garage!

We found my box of CB Radio gear I use to have in my pickup trucks.  I told them what we used them for and everybody had one.  They had seen those on Semis, but DAD had one!  10-4 good buddy!  But, my daughter made the statement, "Why didn't you just use cell phones?"

Ah it was fun looking through all that stuff.

I'm looking forward to the new technologies.

I especially can't wait for...

Levitating cars (no rubber wheels or fossil fuels)
Teleportation (not even in my spell checker) booths
Instant knowledge ports to our brains!
Virtual Reality Rooms (like on Star Trek)
An elevator to the moon!

Hmmm.... Exciting! :)

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/18/2008 11:44:09 AM

Thomas - thanks for the encouraging words as always.

Love LIGHT and Laughter

Neil
+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/18/2008 11:45:32 AM

Mary - great to see you my classy friend. I must get to your forum soon - as technology races so does my activities...LOL

Love Light and Laughter to you too!

Neil
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2008 11:46:41 AM

Joe,  I would like to see flying cars (they do exist), cars that don't use gas (they do exist), cancer cured ( I swear that exists). 

What technology is being held back from us.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!