Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Living the Christian Life
9/3/2008 12:21:39 PM
AMEN, BROTHER!

It is not always an easy path although we strive to
do better each day.

Have a glorious day,
Jen

Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0
9/3/2008 5:15:36 PM

Hi James

My recognition of God as the source of all blessings, is my firm belief in the power of prayer.  It has been great support for me and family in the past and I thank God and the angels for that.

God Bless and Protect all the victims of Gustav.

Fionnuala

N Ireland

Visit your safe place on the Internet http://www.homebizhaven.com
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2008 6:36:28 PM
Hi James. What a well thought out forum posting your initial post is. I really enjoyed reading and absorbing your qoutes and notes. I hit an impass a while ago wherby I felt that I no longer needed to study His word any more. The desire to WANT TO KNOW deserted me and I was in that BLIND FAITH place, the place that I had, in the past, despised others for being in. Things have changed, maybe through prayer, but I still don't feel the need to try and understand because it is required of me or that it should be done. I still no longer wish to sit with others and discuss Gods intentions or the deeper meaning. He seems to be telling me that my work with others in helping them with their everyday practical and mental challenges is fullfilling my need and my obligations. This state will probably change but I do ask that you all to pray that He makes his intentions clear to me and that if I'm required to study that He gives me a sign as to how I need to do so. Thanks Jim for the opportunity of baring my soul and for your contribution in promoting His word. Roger
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2008 7:41:06 PM
Brother James, i posted before hope you got that, hmmm lets see the Christian life, your scriptures coincide with what is written very good, but lets take it a step further being a Disciple of Christ i signed up to be just that my Rabbi's pupil, for the international churches of Christ that i belong to we have several things that make us unique. First, we are committed to continually searching the Bible for truth about our lives and God's will for us as His church hence my teaching i post in my forum. Second, we believe and expect very member of the church to be fully committed to living according to that truth. These convictions, as straightforward and obvious as they may seem, do not characterize the convictions of most of the religious world around us. To our knowledge, we are the only group that teaches the biblical principle of discipleship as a neccassary part of the salvation process. We believe that an individual is not a candidate for baptism, and,therefore,salvation, unless he or she is ready to repent of sin and make the commitment to live each day of his or her life as a disciple of rabbi Jesus Christ. Another unique quality of our churches is the diversity found in our fellowship. Sadly, it has been observed that Sunday morning is the most segregated time of the week for most Americans. Most churches only talk about diversity; we live it. We believe that any religious group that allows racial, social or economic segregation does not reflect the unity and love God our Father and,therefore,cannot be the true church of Jesus Christ. God's true church is made up of all kinds of people, coming together as one common bod to share one common love. Brother James my Rabbi says in Luke 19:10 that he came "to seek and save what was lost." Because of this purpose he commanded his disciples to " Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything i have commanded you. And surely i am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:19-20). Therefore James as a disciple of rabbi Jesus, our mission is to "make disciples of all nations." Sometimes we have mission teams, we go to parts of Mexico and in Europe to seek and plant a church, teaching and baptizing fully submerged underwater, and boy does it feel great! hehe, im just lucky i have what i have at this point in my life, a online business which i love, that and advertising, made some real strong friends whom i mention about in my showcases, birthdays so forth and so on, volunteering like i do with the voting process every election time, 9th year this year of doing that being a precinct inspector making sure the people are at the right place that my team knows what to do, making sure there no mistakes in counting up those votes at the end of the day, making sure of the different polices to each candidates, statutes and there local laws be put into action when someone asks "what about this" hehe, yes election time once again 3rd and last one of the year thank God! LOL so i rambled about me to long, but this is my Christian life brother James. Thank you faithful friend for this forum, one thing i might add is my teachings to become a disciple of my rabbi Jesus there are about 9 steps to take before baptism and after we have a follow up study 4 of them, as like i was i was with a prayer partner all through my younger days as a Christian till i knew enough to go out and make a disciple myself with the help of others of course but you get the point, and now i teach the word to my local church here when called for, always learning. April 4th,1999 is when i got baptized in from of 300 disciples at the Hyatt regency in downtown L.A. what an Easter that was lol and dig this i just happened to turn 33 a week before on March the 28th, it was a special time for me to say the least. Well my time here is up, gotta cook dinner for Granny and then watch the GOP on tv. God_bless you brother James :)  Your friend and brother in Christ Thomas.
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2008 8:08:48 PM

Hi Brother Thomas, I see you believe in a similar fashion as we do about baptism.  I had the honor of being baptized by my father when I was 13 years of age. It happened when he was serving at a place called Malamulo Mission, in Malawi. My sister, and several other missionarie's children were baptized on the same day in a baptizmal font which was outdoors nearby the church. It was not uncommon in those days to have baptizms in the river nearby. I remember one day my father was having a baptizm and a snake went slithering by as he was submersing one of his bible students. The Lord blessed, and no one was bitten.

I have just learned from reading the report I submitted here, that Malamulo is in financial distress. Please pray that they will come up with the funds they need to keep this place open. They have a big hospital there, and it was at this place where I had my initial desire to learn to fly...as they had a mission plane here that the Dr's flew to surrounding dispensaries in Malawi.

Here's a link to my thread on Baptizm which I posted some time ago:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/480049.aspx

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!