Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A Sad Day
8/10/2008 11:01:45 PM

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/11/2008 12:03:09 AM
Hi Michael, To write especially poetry means you must open your heart and your life on a very deep and personal level. Being that open leaves you vulnerable also. But that is a writer's life. Your gift requires that you share what is within you. Not everyone will agree, some short sighted people will take issue, others afraid of the truth might strike out at you. What you are doing now is allowing someone else's baggage to become your baggage, never a good idea. You are allowing the tools your work with (words) to become an enemy, again not a good idea. You become the victim of the attack only when you allow that attack to have an impact within you. Wear the attack with pride! Your words stirred that much emotion! Wow! What a great effect! You do not write for approval, you write because the words are there, popping like magic out of the void. If you think you will find a different world somewhere else, I wish you well. I have found nothing more supportive than the fine people who make up the community of ALP. If you allow these "others" to create such an impact upon you, then I am afraid for you, for your voice will eventually be stilled. Don't let that happen. This world needs all its voices. Speak. Speak with us. Be like water and flow around and drown those "other voices" so that you might continue to speak. You can do that or not Michael, it's really your choice. I say this with love, though I hardly know you. I write poetry too, I know source from which my poetry flows, and I don't care who judges, because ultimately they are the words of god and I am my master's voice. Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/11/2008 12:21:48 AM
Hi Brother Michael!

I hope that you seriously reconsider your decision to leave this wonderful community.  You are 'true blue' and possess a special gift.  For those who do not appreciate your contributions...well, you have to let it go and plow ahead.  :)

In the time you have been here, you have personally achieved many well deserved awards that hopefully won't be wasted by the delete button!!

If someone leaves my forum...it's their loss and not mine!!  You know the old saying, 'some will, some won't, next!!'  What if that 'next' person's life is hanging in the balance and just because they read one of your poems...saved them from doing something drastic.  It's not out of the realm of possibility my friend.

I wanted to let you know how I feel and I hope that you will stick around here with the people who really love you.

Til next time...your OREO brother Steven.

Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
Les Brown
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/11/2008 12:54:04 AM

Dear Michael,

From reading all the posts here, I do get the impression you are much more appreciated than you imagine. Rethink my friend ! I would say to you this. "Do not let the negetive choices of some steal your joy n peace." This rule I follow to the 'T'...as the saying goes. I have never let my joy, peace or inspiration be stolen. They do not deserve it.I will not give them them that much power over my life!!! Neither should YOU ! 

I have many who join or leave my forums, daily, reasons best known to them. But thats their choice...for every  1 that leaves I have 2 that join for the joy of it...so...... :-)   I am blessed for those that are with me. And God bless those who are not too ....:-)

So now can we expect to read more of your work??? You write from your heart, and bring us much joy. Celebrate this gift, we want to join you in this celebration!!! Pray you wont disappoint us.

Much luv n blessings always to you my friend,

Pauline R

+0
Bryan Mcheyzer

186 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/11/2008 2:04:10 AM
Hello My Friend,
Michael I must confess that I have not been around for a while but when I saw the forum invite from you ...I needed to see what you had to say.

I have know you for a while now and always found you come from the heart...
and judging from the comments in this forum so do a lot of other people.

Mate you have a great gift ...  do not let anyone tell you different.

I wish there were some magic words I could say and make it all go away, so we can all live happily ever after...but there aren't...
So as we would say here  in Australia...

STUFF THEM.

Hope you stay ...

Have fun
Bryan
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!