Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas West

8 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: College education in advertising ... for FREE!
8/24/2005 8:29:35 AM
Kenneth, I saw a great ad in the newspaper today for Chevy Impala. The ad took up the whole bottom fifth of the page. It was formatted to look like a regular newspaper article talking about migrating Impalas in the African savannah. The Impala logo (the deer-shaped thing inside an oval) could be found on the left-hand page in the center. The oval was there, but the "impala" had streaked across to the right hand page, blurring and distoring all the text in its path. That's it! On the next page of the paper at the bottom, there was a small block that had the actual Chevy Impala logo (as it normally appears) and a more conventional advertisement. It definitely grabbed my attention.
+0
Sharon Willard

84 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/24/2005 9:21:07 AM
Thanks for sharing Kenneth. Its funny where we get our best educations isn't it.
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/24/2005 9:24:48 AM
Kenneth, Thanks for this valuable lesson. Something I had never thought about :)
+0
Lee
Lee Talmadge

612 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/24/2005 9:36:37 AM
Hi Kenneth, I noticed this feeling when tossing out in the trash all those dept store flyers, and save to view later the little single advertisements. My why is they use the same format and text phases ,How many times can the word "sale" ,“Save” est.…excite a person ? Lee
+0
8/24/2005 9:45:56 AM
Great Idea, I'll be sure to take a closer look at all those Macy's,Kmart,Target,Walmart and many other advertisment flyers that i find in my mailbox every day. :)
Ted Roberson Fun Landscape Garden & Design Ideas http://www.landscapeliving.com/
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!