Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I Need Your Prayers and Your Support...
7/26/2008 11:28:27 PM

Guadalupe, I'm really concerned now, as out west we have what they call swamp coolers, and I lifted one of the pads up to see what the water level was, and I got shocked. You know what that means...there is probably a short in the pump, and it's been raining all day and all night, and I can't do anything about it right now except unplug the thing. There goes my cooling...ugh...and I don't have a fan, so it's open window time.

Hey, they broke a record rain wise today...1.58" the old record was back in the early 90's of 1.28" in a 24 hour period. That will definitely help the drought that's been going on. Dolly actually went directly overhead last night. We had some strong gusts, and a tree branch broke off and landed on my roof and poked a hole in it, so guess what happened early this morning...it started leaking on me. If it's not one thing it's another.

As far as "Puff the Majic Dragon", I did see the movie, so I did see the gun for a brief period. In real life, I've never seen one though, except in a museum.

Maybe you'll get a load tomorrow, however, it's Sunday, so you might not. Don't worry, I'm not giving up my wings any time soon!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 11:36:12 PM

Geketa, this poem is one of my favorites. It's an oldie, but definitely a goodie. It's comforting to know there is really someone there who is willing to carry you when the load is too heavy to bear.

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2008 4:44:16 AM

Hi Jim,

Bless you and I am sorry for your sad news.  I know it must be devastating.

BUT, I do know and believe that right now.......when a door closes, a new door opens!

Try everything within your power to keep your thoughts positive.  The Law of Attraction is working double time, and great things are happening on planet earth, no matter how chaotic they may seem.

I can be of help.......if you will ask  :-)

Hugs,  Jill

+0
7/27/2008 1:16:30 PM
Hi, James

When it doesn't rain, it pours ... been there - done that.  Sounds like you and I are having a bad luck streak.

I read up on swamp coolers 'cause I'd never heard of 'em ... and, yes, you DO have a problem.  And a tree branch falling on your roof?  I won't say that it can't get any worse.

That "tree on roof" probability has always had me concerned.  My home has two trees that are about 3 times the height of the house ... and I'm sure that a strong gust may bring one down.  Those trees have been there forever.  When they were small ... and WE were small .. we used to jump over them.  Can't jump over them now!  :)

Glad you met liked "Puff."  Most of them used t-h-r-e-e Vulcan miniguns that fired 6,000 rounds per minute e-a-c-h and pilots would usually fire 3-second bursts.  Get out your calculator ... a 3-second burst would put 900 7.62 mm rounds on the ground.  Not much room for escaping that!  The 20 mm guns were used primarily against vehicles, by the way.  And the Vulcan 20 mm guns are used on most of our modern jet fighters and attack helicopters.  If you could see it fired in person, you'd feel "shock & awe."  I got to see it in action at Fort Bliss.  To get an idea of what it sounds like when it's firing, just listen to a chain saw ... only louder.  :)

Don't give up the ship!  WE have not yet begun to fight!

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2008 1:33:21 PM
Dear James,
Got you in my prayers dear friend. You are in HIS care, I know things will work out well in the end.
Friends

Blessings

Pauline R
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!