Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: A nasty PayPal con email
8/22/2005 6:54:52 PM
Hi Roy, I feel like I know you, I'm sure I'm on one of your mailing lists. I thought we were already friends here at Adlandpro. Welcome to our friends list anyway & to our forums.
+0
8/22/2005 8:47:44 PM
Anthony, I do not click on any of theses Pay Pal scam emails. If Pay Pal sends you any information it should have the htts:// in the clickable URL. Anything without this is fraud, spoof, and spam.
James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
8/23/2005 3:26:43 PM
Thanks Anthony, Received that one today in fact. Deleted it because it was just too phony sounding. From your backcheck it looks like the same sender of one I got with the same sort of threat about Earthlink. Well here is something that we at AdlandPro can benefit from and not have to worry about fraud. Tune in on Wednesday to Clay Page's teleclass on AdlandPro site development. He has great ideas to share. He is not rated an 'expert' for no reason. I have met him and he really knows his stuff. The teleclass is free for all of us and you can ask questions of him too on how to best utilize AdlandPro to your benefit. Check out this link and bring your friends: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=107121 Make it a great day!
+0
Funmi Oluyede

107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/23/2005 8:06:09 PM
Thanks, Anthony. I call you blessed!
Visit us at http://www.reilexquisites.net for everyday discounts on Exquisite Giftware at Shop-at-Home convenience!
+0
Jerome Pfeifer

316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/24/2005 1:44:37 AM
Hi Anthony, Thank you for the welcome! I have a lot to say tonight, so I hope you have time to read it all. First let me start with using the right spam filter, the one I use will capture the email and put it in a spam folder on the server until I check it, and if it is from someone I know; I have the option to rescue it. I will get a message like this one: The message was blocked. The message contains invisble text. Or it will block it if the header information is not in order, or looks like it might be faked. I get the option to report it to the proper authorities right from there if I don't know who sent it or if it is a scam email. I just left it set to default, and it works well for me. Have you seen the latest on the Virus advisory? This virous has been upgraded from low to high. w32/ircbot.worm!m05-039 is a high risk worm. You can be infected simply by going online. Once infected, your system may restart continuously. It was thought to be a low risk worm for home users last week, but now it has some extras added onto it. Make sure your virus software is up to date! I just recently bought a external hard drive to backup my computer just in case. ================================= Now about Scams, there seems to be a new one everyday. The latest one in my area is that someone is posing as a court clerk and calling people on the phone to obtain their information by telling them they were supposed to report for jury duty in federal court. Information about this is posted at www.wreg.com - 3 on your side news in Memphis Tn. Along with the latest on the police scandal that they are having in that city. Even the Deputy Chief is caught up in a scam in that city, And may go to jail. What do you think is causing all the desperation for getting money now adays? Is it the oil? People can't afford to drive to work so they try to offset their income anyway they can. When was the last time you seen it this bad? Be Safe- JP
Jerome Contact EM: 190053@adlandpro.com $250 In FREE Advertising
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!