Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: A nasty PayPal con email
8/22/2005 5:19:14 AM
Hi Anthony, Never ceases to amaze me the things they do..Thanks for the invite. Leanne Busby http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz
+0
8/22/2005 3:23:08 PM
Marion. Thanks for accepting the invite. Yes, reporting any fake emails, whoever they are meant to be from is the best idea. I know PayPal are very quick at getting results if you send them in. Thing is these days, as soon as they shut one down, it seems like three more appear. As I stated in original post,this one is particulary nasty as it's infected with a virus, so please everyone, be very careful when you forward it on to PayPal. Do not click on any links or even the actual text. Just forward it to. spoof@paypal.com
+0
8/22/2005 3:28:47 PM
Carmen. You have hit the nail on the head with that reply. That is why we warned our Adlandpro friends about this, & other such emails. If you had clicked on it anywhere, you would have an infected P.C. now. Hopefully, our warning will stop any of you clicking on any part of these emails, unless any of you want to check how good your virus protection is?
+0
8/22/2005 3:40:28 PM
Jerome. Nice of you to accept our invitation. You are quite right, a good spam filter is essential these days, but be careful how you set it up, if you have the security settings to high, you will not get emails from anybody. To low & they still sneak through. We will never be able to stop all spam as there are to many programs you can get which explain in great detail how to word emails to get round spam filters. There is even one that checks your email to see if it will pass the spam filter criteria, & if it does not, then it explains what part of your email to change.... There are some reputable safelist programs that have a scaled down version of this software, you check your email first, so you can safely post to the safelist members without being accused of spamming.
+0
8/22/2005 3:45:56 PM
Leanne, Thanks for accepting the invite. It pays to be amazed at what they do, then you can stay on guard. If we get to blasé about them, we will start taking them for granted & thats when they catch people.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!