Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Our 14th WINNER Of The Most Distiguished Woman of the week Award is...SARA BLOW. WHOoOOOHOOoOO!! PaRtY Time!!!!
5/14/2008 10:39:05 AM

Beryl, thank you much.  It is nice to have you post these kind words.  We love to have  you visit our forums and you are always welcome.

God bless you, friend,

Sara

+0
Re: Our 14th WINNER Of The Most Distiguished Woman of the week Award is...SARA BLOW. WHOoOOOHOOoOO!! PaRtY Time!!!!
5/14/2008 10:41:14 AM

Vessie, thank you very much for the congratulations.

MySpace and Orkut Butterfly Glitter Graphic - 5

Have a great day!

Sara

+0
5/14/2008 10:45:40 AM

Branka, our Prophetess, thank you for all those wonderful words.  Maybe my soul does scream out, because I do have a lot to give and it seems little time to 'let it go.'  Your support in this community means a lot to many of us.  You, my friend, have treasures to release and we look forward to each one.

MySpace and Orkut Butterfly Glitter Graphic - 8

Bless you, friend,

Sara

+0
5/14/2008 10:53:30 AM

Jen, now my friend!!  How did I miss that?  Anyway, I want to thank you for all your kindness and for the invitation.

I have often wondered about "Milagro" and finally found something which I will post here:

Kneeling Figure

The 1988 premiere of Robert Redford's movie, The Milagro Beanfield War, caused many non-Spanish-speaking people to ponder the milagro part of the title. In Spanish, milagro literally means miracle or surprise; in the movie, milagro refers to the miraculous greening of a long fallow beanfield. Milagro also refers to an ancient aspect of Hispanic folk culture: small silver or gold votive offerings in the shape of arms, legs, eyes and other body parts; animals, fruits, vegetables, etc. These milagros are often attached to statues of saints or to the walls of certain New Mexican churches--and now are also found as components in necklaces, earrings and other jewelry.

In the classical sense, milagros (also known as ex-votos or dijes) are offered to a favorite saint as a reminder of the petitioner's particular need, or they are offered to the saint in thanks for a prayer answered.

Here is link to this site:

http://www.collectorsguide.com/fa/fa052.shtml

I found it very interesting and maybe others will also.

Have a blessed day,

Sara

+0
5/14/2008 10:57:10 AM

Nick, thank you for always being there.  What a lovely graphic with so much meaning...

"Never doubt...Yesterday is history..Tomorrow is a dream...Today is what counts."

I appreciate all your kindness.  May God continue to bless you.

MySpace and Orkut Mermaid Glitter Graphic - 5

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!