Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: KALEIDOSCOPE #: ISRAEL -The promised land
5/12/2008 10:23:23 PM
Sunny Greetings from California, Georgios & Peter!

Thank you, Georgios, for a fabulous thread.

Dear Peter,
I am honored to be a part of celebration of Israel's 60th Independence on this forum with you.
As I mentioned before, my family and I are strong supporters of Israel and the Israeli people. I do have many friends and clients for my business who are in Israel. My husband and I also have several special friends who come from Israel. I am delighted to have an Adland friend who is also in Israel.

I would like to take this opportunity to share with you some of my favorites quotes about Israel.

“Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob. And they shall dwell safely therein and shall build houses, and plant vineyards, yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed Judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.
-- Ezek. 28:25-26

Israel has created a new image of the Jew in the world - the image of a working and an intellectual people, of a people that can fight with heroism.
--David Ben-Gurion (1886-1973),
Polish born Israeli Statesman and Prime Minister (1948-53, 1955-63). Chief architect of the state of Israel and revered as Father of the Nation

“I had faith in Israel before it was established, I have in it now. I believe it has a glorious future before it - not just another sovereign nation, but as an embodiment of the great ideals of our civilization.”
--Harry S. Truman (1884-1972), 33rd President of the United States

“Our society is illuminated by the spiritual insights of the Hebrew prophets. America and Israel have a common love of human freedom, and they have a common faith in a democratic way of life.”
--
Lyndon B. Johnson (1908-1973), 36th President of the United States

“In Israel, free men and women are every day demonstrating the power of courage and faith. Back in 1948 when Israel was founded, pundits claimed the new country could never survive. Today, no one questions that. Israel is a land of stability and democracy in a region of tyranny and unrest.”
--Ronald Reagan (1911-2004), 40th President of the United States

Have an Awesome Week!

JoAnne Green 
Principal/International Risk Management Advisor

Integrity + Experience + Dependability

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2008 1:21:54 AM

thclappinghands.gif Congratulations image by KaleyCiscoNana

Georgios, Peter,

This is WONDERFUL, I'm so thrilled at what a great work you all are doing with this forum.

I will be back to read all that is here, ISREAL is very close to my heart, faith and belief.

Good going guys, you have blessed me much. THANK YOU!:-)

Your friend

Pauline R

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2008 11:31:05 AM

Hi JoAnne,

Thanks for visiting with us. You seem to know a bit about Israel and it's people. It's interesting that you also have a client base here in Israel. If I can ever be of any assistance just ask.

Your favorite quotes and Biblical verses are great and I started collecting a few of my own favorites and will post them within a day or two.

Your friendship is much appreciated as an Adlander and as a staunch friend of Israel.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2008 11:34:17 AM

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for visiting with us. I know you're experiencing internet connection problems lately and appreciate your post here even more so cos of that.

I know that you are a great friend of Israel and I hope to see you here in the very near future.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2008 1:57:58 PM
Hello Myrna!

Welcome to Israel! Thank you for the support. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Many people visit Jerusalem every year. High sesong is the Easter period.

Click on the picture. Jerusalem
This is also know as area G

Jerusalem - City of David

The city of Jerusalem was originally built around the Gihon Spring, on the southeastern hill to the left of the Temple Mount, which is today crowned with the gold-domed Dome of the Rock. Jerusalem has been continuously inhabited since at least 3000 B.C., but it was only in the time of Solomon that the city limits expanded beyond the southeastern spur, known today as the "City of David."

Kindly regards
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!