Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: KALEIDOSCOPE #: ISRAEL -The promised land
5/17/2008 3:36:33 AM
Hello AnaMaria!

Thank you for the comment. Of Course I don't mind for additional information. Peter did right to post information about Gailliea. I will update and use parts of this information in the first page.

I wish you a happy SABBATH.

One of my favorite Rock-Pop Grouprs at earlie 70-ies was BACK SABBATH

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Click above

Sabbath (Shabbat)

The very first sabbath was the seventh day of creation. According to the Bible, the Sabbath basically is a weekly sacred day of relaxation as ordained by one of the Ten Commandments. The Hebrew term “Shabbat” means the day of rest, as it involves a ceasing or resting from labour.

Kindly Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2008 5:51:21 AM
Hello Peter!

I hope you had a brilliant Bithday and a great Israel Celebration.
Thank you for the Additional Information on Gallilea.

I remember how we ironically responded to each other in a forum topic of mine. Who could at that time believe that you and me become so close friends!

You are a perfect friend. You care you support and you give solutions. I admire you and I appreciate all your work here and in other communities. Keep up the good work.

This is a dedication to you and all those who try to give friendship a chanse

Light of Life
© Natacha Atlas
A global woman of Hebrew roots

PHILOXENIAPhiloxenia meas hospitality - Join us and Enjoy

Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2008 7:53:03 AM

Hi Georgios,

It's so true. We did an about face you and I and I'm happy to say our friendship gets stronger as each day goes by.

Thanks for this thread and for the song my friend.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2008 10:01:10 AM

Bonjour Georgios and Peter!

I've been visiting here for a few days but I've just found time to comment.

Once again you have produced a great thread, Georgios.

As I told you when we were chatting, I visited Israel many moons ago. I was only 15 (gosh, yes, many moons ago!!). I didn't really appreciate all the history when I was that age. I was also very tired as I was on a Mediterranean cruise and if you've ever been on one, you know how tiring that is. It is a good way of seeing many places but I didn't see enough of each place.

I'd love to re-visit now that I could appreciate it so much more.

I remember visiting the Dome of the Rock, the Church of the Nativity, the place of the skull, the Wailing Wall, etc. I remember being sad at seeing the burnt out and rusty army tanks, left in various places at the side of the roads, as we travelled around.

I remember having to go through a check point to go from one part to another. I found that sad and infuriating (although I couldn't work out why, at the time).

I remember beauty and olive groves...........

We visited Egypt on the cruise too. I can't remember which way round it was, but we had to visit either Egypt before Israel, or vica versa, because if you had a stamp of that country in your passport, the other country wouldn't let you come into their country. At 15, I found that very strange and absurd. I didn't know much about the two countries and their history at that time.

Over all it was a good experience, that visit to Israel, but I think I'd see it in a whole new light many moons later.

You will have to take lots of photos and make notes when you are there, so that you can share with us afterwards.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2008 11:02:46 AM

Hi Sarah,

Glad you finally found the time to post here. :) I do know how busy you are and now that's summer is upon us again you'll be starting your tourist season too.

We discussed your visit to Israel a while ago and I'm sure you'd enjoy and appreciate all there is to see much more today.

Just as a point of interest. At that time you had to visit Egypt first since they wouldn't allow anyone with an Israeli visa stamp in their passport to enter the country. Israel never had any restrictions of any sort and the same holds true today. There are no restrictions between Egypt and Israel anymore and there is free travel between the two countries.

As a matter of fact if a tourist entering the country tells the customs clerk that they are visiting an Arab country that has restrictions they receive a special visa and nothing is stamped in their passport.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!