Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Greenzap a Scam?
7/31/2007 3:48:28 PM

come on...

Put your reputation on the line for once and say yay or nay...  you owe it to your readers to quit loggygagging around the questions and just answer them.

Is Greenzap/Mazumah/MyEcoPay a scam?

And do you still stand in support of Damon Westmoreland?

Go ahead and put aside the rough start GZ had. 

-Forget all those people thinking they were getting $25 free instead of 25 webcash (that still cannot effectively be used today)

-ignore the fact that they still have not released financial statements

-forget about the reverse stock merger Damon used to buy Greenzap from himself so he could sell penny stock on the pinksheets.

-ignore all of the BBB reports

-ignore the pump and dump stock
(although this edgar online chart is fun to look at)
http://pro.edgar-online.com/Profile.aspx?ColLeft=75acdace-2e0d-43ab-ab8c-bde7ebb0468c&ColRight=de5e6e0f-812d-43df-a18f-a3691460cdc1&ticker=GZPN

Instead, let's just start with this year....

http://www.banking.state.tx.us/news/press/2007/02-21-07_2pr.htm

http://www.corp.ca.gov/enf/info/dr/07pdf/greenzap.pdf

Barbara's post brings up an interesting point...people with greenzap accounts (even ones that closed theri GZ account) are having withdrawls and drafts against their account for 99.75 under the name of either Intabill or thestrongbucks.

http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/256/RipOff0256813.htm

http://complaintwire.org/Complaint.aspx/C_IXGfb3bgAuSQjJiG3qkQ

http://www.hterry.com/beware-strongbucks

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-N7.5XtkwabI0dD5Q0CSeHhtEBcQTHcEVkBDE?p=496

http://www.sandyfeet.com/blog/2007/07/beware.html

Sure... those withdawls could be anyone... Maybe it is not Damon, and just someone that managed to hack that ever so secure GZ database.

I must admit, I am sadly disappointed with your propensity to error on the side of trust versus dilligence.  Due dilligence says - something has been very fishy with this company and owner for a long time, and people tried to warn you.  You say, you can get the CEO on the phone and no real charges have stuck against him...so trust him.

sure your later posting starts adding a slight bit of caution to your readers...of course by now, those that were on the fence already handed GZ their bank account info...

In this country it is innocent until proven guilty... in a court of law.  But when it comes to peoples finances, banking data, and so on - your advice should lean more towards the wary than the trusting when there is sooooooo much overwelming negative hearsay about a new investment or program.  

Your advise may be costing Adland pro members money right out of their account if they chose to listen to you early on about Damon and Greenzap.

sorry for the harshness, but after re-reading your posts about GZ, I must admit I was upset to see the dis-service you did to the adlandpro community by disregarding the warnings and passively justifying Greenzap.

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/1/2007 9:45:29 PM
Hi Johny, First of all, I don't think my reputation has suffered or is suffering even slightly from all this. If it is, I'll live. Secondly, if anyone has information or a problem with anything I post here or elsewhere, my profile is pretty complete, and I'm really easy to contact. Who are you? Thirdly, as I've said over and over again in countless posts, it is up to the individual to do their own due diligence. No one should ever put up money for anything that they can't afford to lose. Some very honest people who have done everything in their power to create a real winner have still gone broke, losing their members' investments in the process. If people are looking for a business that is "safe," the first thing they need to do is forget all about people's opinions and go looking for a business that has a long history of success (at least five years). Enjoy the rest of your week, and thanks for posting. God bless, Dave
+0
8/2/2007 2:41:33 PM

Thanks for the reply,

For your first point - I am glad you are willing to stand by your actions regardless of postive or negative effects on your reputation.  It is admirable.

For your second point - who I am is of little consequence - the information I provided was not created by me, it is out there on the net, I just gather the pieces. 
I do not provided my identity as death threats and intimidation tactics have been used against those of us that have tried to get to the truth about this company and it's owner.  If that illegitimizes the information in your eyes, then so be it.

As to your third point -  yes you have expressed in countless posts that individuals should not invest more than they can afford. 
However, you seem to miss the point that people are having money TAKEN from their accounts, beyond what they were willing to risk. 
The risk in this case was not what they were willing to invest, but rather to who they were giving their bank information too.

I would say that stating your personal investment in the company stock in this thread and your follow up posts did little to encourage adequate due dilligence. 

It almost appears upon re-reading the thread that you may have attempted to minimize the influence of those contraty postings. 

I mean who do the readers here trust? 

a. you - a top 50 poster, who in theory had done his own due dillengence and determined that it was worth $100 to go gold, and determined it was worth $1000 of your cash to get their stock

or

b. those that you describe in this thread as "disgruntled marketers"?

hmmmm  My bet is on A...

How long did you keep your GZPN stock btw??

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2007 10:43:00 PM
Hi Johny,

Guess what?  If I was one of those politically correct persons who stumbles over every word he writes because it might offend someone, might lead someone astray who doesn't do proper homework, or fretted that someone might send me a death threat, I'd never write a word.

Incidently, I HAVE been threatened on more than one occasion, and that hasn't slowed me down, yet.  I don't believe in hiding and never have.  Let the chips fall where they may.

Yes, I have invested in the company, and no, I haven't received a nickel of return.  My money is still out there in the Never-Never land of (likely) bad investments.  That's the risk you take with any startup (which Greenzap still is, until it either shuts down, gets shut down, or actually finally flies.)

If a people want to invest in a sure thing, they should go to a chartered bank.  Sure, the interest is miniscule, but my bet is that you won't lose any money, either.

God bless,

Dave
+0
8/3/2007 12:03:46 PM

You still seem to not care about the difference in investing what you are capable of risking and having money you did not put up for risk being taken directly from your account.

Risky investments or not, threats are not part of ethical business practices and should not be an acceptable form of risks in joining "programs". 

I am glad you feel brave for standing up against threats and continuing to support bad investments until they get shut down or run off in your money.  That kind of feeling must be extrordinary.

As I said, I could care less if my choice to be anonymous does not lend to my credibility.  The information I provide is not written by me, I provide links to the information.  I am in the truest sense of the word, just a poster.  I discuss, and provide links to the information, to which you can feel free to question the credibility of the content creators.

I am not encouraging others to invest or facilitating the investment of money's, I am providing counterbalance to those that stem to make money by providing others with false information. 

I do not profit by having my name or profile here, nor do I ask anyone to invest with or under me. 

I have my place, just as you have yours.  I do not benefit in any way by providing the links to the information that I post.  I do feel that I must post what I do see and know when the public good is at risk. 

Just as if I see a known criminal checking out my neighbors homes, I let them know what I saw and my source of information.  Sure I dont profit from it, but I can say that in good conscience (isn't it odd how that word is made from two others con-science), I did what I felt was my obligation to my neighbors and others to help them keep safe.

I don't shout fire when there is no fire.  But I don't also take a "well lets wait and see if the house burns down before I am willing to call this an actual fire" stance that you seem to favor....

to Quote you:

"That's the risk you take with any startup (which Greenzap still is, until it either shuts down, gets shut down, or actually finally flies.)"

My definition of a start-up is when sales covers cost of goods + operating costs then it's no longer a start up, or additionally I will extend that to cover companies less than a year past their IPO. 

Since Greenzap (officially open since august of 2005 - greenzap is over 3 years old, and a year and a half past it's IPO) has yet to provide a Board of Directors list or even provide some form of auditted financials (something you really want in a financial transaction company), I cannot agree with you on calling it a startup. But to each his own.

Just out of curiosity, how much is that investment in GZ worth if you sold it today?  I know that is a personal thing to ask, but I so rarely get to hear from people that actually buy pinksheet stock.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!