Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Greenzap a Scam?
10/14/2006 8:00:30 PM
Hello everyone, Since the subject has come up again, here is some information I dug up some months ago. I encourage everyone to do their own research and then, you be the judge. I want to make it very clear right here and now that I am not actively urging anyone to join this company, nor am I advising anyone to stay away from it. I AM, as always, encouraging anyone interested in ANY company to do their due diligence, weigh the risks as applied to their OWN situation, and to STAY WITHIN the budget you can afford. There's a lot of controversy right now about a company called GreenZap. Since their inception, there have been hundreds of negative posts about them and one website dedicated to there demise called GreenZapScam. Further, note that an unsatisfactory rating from the BBB is not a conviction, but a warning. If the BBB receives enough complaints about a company, they will give it an unsatisfactory rating until everything is dealt with and enough time has passed without more complaints. The complaints DO NOT have to be legitimate. The BBB is not a government or law enforcement agency; they are a FOR PROFIT MEMBERSHIP-BASED COMPANY. To become a member of the BBB, you must buy a membership. They actively market these memberships just like any other business. Posting accusations and rumors is NOT what doing due diligence is all about. Due diligence is about finding FACTS and weighing risk. I have read through so many forums and websites bashing GreenZap that it made my eyes glaze! The common factor among virtually ALL of these sites is the complete lack of substantiation! Go to Google and do a search for 'greenzap scam' and see what you get. Also try 'greenzap scam fraud.' You will find a HUGE amount of negative information, but what you will not find is the proof. If you DO, let me and everyone else at Adlandpro know! The two most common arguments for GreenZap being a scam are that it operated out of a PO box at a grocery store (yes, it did) and that Damon Westmoreland is involved (yes, he is - he has personally answered my email). First of all, if you have an online business, where do people contact you? At a PO box, or maybe at your home address? I'm sure you would not start your business out of a highrise office before you've made any money!! However, as your business grew, you would obviously not stay with the PO box! Secondly, as I have stated above, I have still not been able to find one shred of real hard proof that Damon Westmoreland is a crook. If you find some, let me know. It's really easy to bash someone endlessly in chatrooms and forums and endless links that few people ever follow; it's quite another to actually print the truth with the proof! One example of a link that "proves" that one of the companies that Damon has been involved in, for example, is the BBB Reliability Report on ThePayline. Note that the report clearly states: "The Payline.com has had no complaints." How is this supposed to be proof of fraudulent activity? And yet, the link is posted at TalkAboutTravel supposedly to back up their claims of fraud against Mr. Westmoreland! If you go check out the BBB Reliability Report on GreenZap you will find that 35 of 36 complaints have been resolved. One was closed. Mr. Westmoreland's photo Mr. Westmoreland's cell number and email address: 858.882.7166 or email at dwest@mazumah.com or damon@greenzap.com . Contact him and ask him personally about these things - he will answer you, something that very few CEOs of ANY company will do. My personal experience to date with GreenZap has been excellent. There was one small mistake where their telemarketers got some member phone numbers mixed up and had the wrong people attached to requests for stock options. They were very quick to notice their mistake, emailed me before I could respond, and apologized for their mistake. I have the call from the telemarketers in my voice mail and can verify that they had me mixed up with someone else, just like they stated in their email, as the name they called me on my voice mail was not mine. I replied to Damon's email to thank him for straightening it out, and received a courteous reply the very next day. So, will I stick with GreenZap? You bet! I have even 'risked' a hundred dollars for gold membership and have invested another thousand in the company. They have MORE than delivered on their promises so far, and my downline is growing nicely. If the company succeeds, I am going to do very well financially. If they fail, I'll be out a eleven hundred bucks, which I can afford. In my opinion, the potential earnings are worth the risk. As I stated at the beginning, you be the judge. As with any business, you have to weigh the risks against the potential, and STAY WITHIN A BUDGET YOU CAN AFFORD! God bless, Dave
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Greenzap a Scam?
10/14/2006 8:19:18 PM
David, Not being involved with the company, I can not pass judgement. I do like the way you have explained about how we build trust with companies. When I have direct contact with the owner, I can feel more confident. However, I tried to join a company to find the person CEO had disappeared . The person who encouraged me to join told me, the owner had disappeared several weeks ago and the site was taken down before my membership went through. So, even personal contact is no assurance. The only proof of a scam is when one gets taken for money. If you can't afford to lose, don't join. If Adlandpro members have lost with this company it would be good to come forward and say so.
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2006 8:29:01 PM
Hi Mary, You offer words of wisdom! Thank you. I would like to add to your proof of a scam. Of course, when one gets taken for money, that's a scam. If the company is shut down for fraud or other illegal activities, that's pretty serious proof that something's wrong, and if they're convicted, that's that. Furthermore, if the company is under investigation by law enforcement officials, that's a BIG warning that you would do well to back away from them. However, if a company is being accused of wrongdoing by disgruntled marketers here, there, and everywhere, that's no proof at all. Many large and old mlm companies still exist today, who were accused many times of all manner of wrongdoing. They are actually outstanding companies with a great record. God bless, Dave
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2006 8:33:44 PM
hello Dave...thank you...I have a GreenZap account but I have money in it..and I guess that I will not put any in it or use it...Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
10/14/2006 10:32:54 PM

Dear Sir:

As an Intern with TGAMM FM Radio, we are often asked to come here to read   information placed as a forum. Though some forums are just a way to have others post their business information, yours reflects an intent to alert others of the need to do ones home work. I will make note of this information, pass it along to our staff and also leave a copy for Mr. Buccheri to review.

Thank you.

Jason/Intern

The Great American Music Machine

TGAMM FM Radio

A Subsidiary of American Media International, Inc.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!