Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Greenzap a Scam?
8/13/2007 8:49:55 PM
Hi Jo,

No worries...  although I am now deleting any anonymous posts on my forums.  Just as with letters to the editor in the local paper, I will never give any credit to anyone who doesn't have the guts to come out into the open.

"Johny" doesn't bother me.  While he or she has called my ethics into question, that's not the first time it has happened and is unlikely to be the last.  The only way to avoid this kind of thing is to hide under a rock or, perhaps, to use a pseudonym, neither of which I intend to do.

It is rather interesting, just the same, that "Johny" picked this time to revive this rather old and dusty thread, as I have continued to look into this particular company for quite some time for anything I could definitely post regarding its legitimacy or lack thereof.

"Johny" actually provided me with several links that were helpful as they are links from government agencies that can definitely be checked, rather than the frustrating hundreds of links I've gone through that have no solid evidence behind them.

Recently, I also received information from someone I know and trust showing that either the company itself, someone in the company, or someone who has hacked into the company database has removed funds from a member's bank account without authorization.  There have been a number of complaints in this regard;  this is the first one I could actually verify, but it certainly gives credibility to all the others, meaning that at best, this company is doing a terrible job in the area of security and customer servic, and at worst, is defrauding its members.  Either way, it's a good idea to stay away from this company and if you are a member with a bank account or credit card registered with them, to close your bank account and cancel your credit card.

As for "Johny,"  it's unfortunate that he or she does not come out into the open.  It would be a pleasure to meet someone else who is trying to protect people from losing their hard-earned money from scammers.

When you DO come out in the open, however, you must dot all your i's and cross all your t's.  No matter how much you suspect that a crook is a crook, you can't call a crook a crook without the verifiable evidence to back it up.

God bless,

Dave
+0
8/14/2007 9:04:30 AM

When a crime is in progress, what is verifiable evidence?

Do you have to wait until the criminal is arrested at someone elses hands? 

Or do you look for evidence and peice it together while the several year law enforcement investigation takes place and finally gets to court a few years after that?

When do you determine there is a problem that is adequate to say that there is verifiable evidence of wrongdoing in a global internet based scam?

I did the best I could to lay the government records out that should indicate that something is up and that they are possibly under investigation.

I appreciate your answers, and your (although I can tell you are still displeased with me) openness to look at the pieces I put forth.

ty

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/14/2007 9:36:28 AM
Hi Johny and David, How does one protect themselves from liable if one wishes to pursue the scammers. Here in Adlandpro we have had people call something a scam and the upline just removes themselves from the program. Lays low for a couple of weeks, comes back builds up friends list, and promotes another scam program. It is a vicious cycle. Also, when some people are cornered and they admit that the program is a scam, why are they driven to promote the program. Is this a form of denial. I notice the forum rebuttal you posted David makes no direct reference to offenses.
+0
8/14/2007 12:18:36 PM

Mahofst,

I cannot answer for David.  But here are my answers to the questions you pose.

How to protect yourself from liable:

First, understand it, and then understand what a SLAPP suit is.
http://www.thefirstamendment.org/antislappresourcecenter.html

Then dont say anything you do not know is true.  Sure I am annonymous, but for me that is more of a point about truth in profiles.  I can be almost anyone and use almost any email address to back it up, I can use a fake picture and admin's will never be the wiser.  Admin's tracking people only care about one thing, your mac address and your IP address, and if you want to you can make those up too...Your credibility online is more about what you post than what nick you go by, if they want you for libel, they can find you regardless of identity you choose to use.

I personally asked every possible question and tried to keep the company on a legal track when it first presented itself.  Instead this company chose to lie, about it's affiliations, it's board of directors, not provide financials, not get registered with the federal and state agencies it should, chose not to provide the service it promised, and so on.

Then the threats came against those that questioned the business and it's owner. 

Does that sound like a situation where you need to fear libel?

Posting the companies own responses,  links to other peoples accounts, government actions, and the companies own documents just does not constitute libel.

Even if it did, if it is a scam to begin with (which you should be sure, because whatever identity you represent yourself with online, they can still find you..see above H/W address and IP), they do not want to sue you. 

Why??

If they sue you, you are allowed legally to defend yourself with discovery of their information... You get to request their financials, all their records, everything, and because they filed suit, you are then entiteled to it all.  Then you also get to file counter suit for the SLAPP...

Scammers will threaten with libel suits to shut you up, but never file because they know you will get them in discovery.

just my 2 cents

+0
8/14/2007 12:58:05 PM

Here is a wonderful little article that may provide you guidance on the cyberlegalities...

http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=0010003B3NMT&page=1

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!