Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Greenzap a Scam?
8/3/2007 10:38:30 PM
Hi Johny Anonymous,

It would be most interesting to know who you are and why, out of all the forums and members on ALP, you have singled out me and an old, old forum of mine as your sole place to post.  Perhaps I should be honoured!

Since you seem to want to call my integrity in to question, I will simply tell you that my ethics DEMAND that I clearly identify myself.  I do not and have never accepted anonymous posts, letters to the editor, etc., as having any credibility whatsoever, as, IMO, the writer does not have the guts to clearly stand behind what they say.

For the record, in answer to your question, I don't know if my GZ is worth two cents and imagine it's unlikely at this time.

Now, perhaps, you can go an tilt some other windmills.

God bless,

Dave

+0
8/4/2007 8:52:59 AM

My apologies if you feel singled out, you are not.

Just for the record, I could have made up an identity, lied about who I am, posted a picture of some random jerkoff from the net.  I could give you true and false information about myself and you would never be the wiser as to which is true and which is false. 

This is the internet, you never truly know who is behind the keyboard on the other end.  I choose not to disregard that fact and openly represent the truth of my anonymity on the net.  

But go ahead and focus on my identity instead of the issue.

It reminds me of some old expression, what is it? 

I know I know it, it is on the tip of my tongue...It is used to describe a particular form of ad hominem argument..

Oh that is right, I remember now...Shoot the messenger.

That is what you do to the bearer of bad news instead of respond to the message is it?

Obviously my anonymity allows me to place false cease and desist papers on Texas and California state servers.

Why is it that when a program stops being profitable, and starts losing investors money, promoters never go back to the postings and blog entries they made about that program they supported with updates?

Why is it a person is willing to invest in a OTC stock and when it completely tanks in less than a year, the person does not start holding the Prez, CEO, or BOD accountable? (sadly in this case, you don't have a BOD to complain to)

Maybe Greenzap would have beenvsuccessful instead of chosing to retreat into the shadows had it's investors cared to make sure that the company was even doing something with their investment (other than spend it on new homes and hummers that is) or taking steps to make sure the company was even operating legally? 

Irresponsible investors, with lack of care about their investments, and not requiring accountability from the company... these are just a few of the things that tell scammers its ok to take money from others with big promises, then slowly just live off the free cash until you decide to create some other "start-up" that you have no plans of taking anywhere either.

So do you want to do a post investment/mid-program analysis to continue the story started in the thread
(a thread with no updates and no ending is sooo sad)...
or keep with the subversive ad hominem attack in an attempt to not discuss the subject matter at hand?

Ad hominem - just in case there is confusion to anyone perusing this thread.

Person A makes claim X
There is something objectionable about Person A
Therefore claim X is false

I make posts with links to state documents about the subject matter of this thread.
Dave finds not knowing my identity unethical.
Thus what I say must be false and I must be a big chicken.

Dont forget that Barbara posted just before me with a complaint that you have not addressed.  She put an identity there, maybe you care to keep talking to her if I bother you too much.

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/5/2007 4:29:42 PM
Hi "Johny,"

I will deal with your last point, first, regarding Barbara's complaint.

First of all, I have had computer problems to deal with recently, and also have a terrifically busy schedule.  There are LOTS of posts I haven't answered, both here on ALP and in other community forums.

Secondly,  Barbara chose NOT to allow others to reply to her post.  That was her preference, not mine.

Regarding Barbara's complaint, if GZ is using fraud for anything, those behind the fraud should be busted down to their socks.

The problem is, while I do not deny the claims of people who say they have been defrauded by this company, I also have not seen any proof.

What you need to realize, "Johny," is that I deal in facts when it comes to something as serious as accusing someone of a crime.  I have repeatedly asked people all over the internet to offer me some real proof of wrongdoing by GZ, and to this date, no one has given me anything other than some cease and desist orders from several states and many, many unsubstantiated allegations.

You will note that if you actually and thoroughly read the information from the links that you have provided (thank you for providing that information, BTW), they are worded VERY carefully so as not to actually make any potentially slanderous statements against GZ.

You will also note that I have not deleted any posts in either of my threads about GZ, whether they are flattering or not. 

I am not hiding behind anonymity.  Therefore, while I can give my opinion on whatever I like, any statements that I make must obviously rest on verifiable evidence. Damaging statements without evidence are called "slander" and are simply unwise.

Now, if you want my present opinion on GZ, I would suggest that putting a nickel into this company or promoting it as a viable business seems most foolhardy and wasteful at this time.

God bless,

Dave

+0
8/6/2007 9:25:52 AM

TY

I will leave you now with a couple of thoughts.

Now that your opinion has changed, have you kept your downline
(if you have one) informed of the most current information?
(primarily that they need to watch their bank accounts for drafts they did not approve of since April)

Some mornings you read things that turn your stomach.  I did not write this, however, in line with your ethical requirements, this person openly publishes his identity (Damon released a press release across the web naming this person in a lawsuit, but has yet to serve him papers and used an invalid phone number for himself on the court papers evidently).  I am sure he will be glad to answer any questions about the validity of the postings he just made, he seems pretty pissed at Damon.

Anyway he was contacted this weekend by another person who invested in GZ, enjoy the read.

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=423586&postcount=9752

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=423587&postcount=9753

If you built a network through GZ, you probably have the ability to notify other GZ members and keep them aware of the company they signed up with.  Sometimes you have to stand up and let the others know there could be problem with something you were part of in the past, sure it is easier to write it off as just a bad investment, but then you just keep the door open for it to happen over and over again.

I wish you well, and can leave this place with a clear conscience. Peace and prosperity, and responsibility.

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2007 7:28:39 PM

Hello Johny,

I have no idea why Dave has put up with you for as long as he has....  I would have blocked you and ended this forum thread.   You have been a constant and vile poster.  My opinion!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!