Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Re: It's Time To Honor The 136th POTW, BETTY A. STRANGE
3/24/2008 3:24:13 PM

Hi, Lee,

Welcome to the party! 

Thanks so much for your warm words of congratulations,  and for being one of my Adland friends!  I thank you for that!

Have a great week!

Betty

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/24/2008 3:32:13 PM

Congratulations Betty!

Its wonderful to see you as our 136th POTW. 

Enjoy your week as Queen!

Sincerely,

Terry

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
3/24/2008 3:34:27 PM

Hi, there, my friend, Joyce!

So glad you came to my party!  Thanks for the warm note, and YES, Momma and I always like to DRESS!  Hats, gloves, high heels, coat-styled button down the front dresses (and have you noticed they're back?), with a nice pair of pearl earrings and pearl choker!   Now THAT is definitely the nines!  ha ha  Isn't it nice that we can remember-back-when?  Thank you for bringing back that memory, Joyce!

And yes, Chick is a good dancer, but my hubby was almost another Fred Astaire, and we used to clear the floor!  I remember one time at a convention in Little Rock, back in about 1976 or '77, the theme of the dance was the Roaring 20's.  I had me a peacock blue short 20's dress made, with all the fringe and a feather for my hair the same color, and silver dancing style shoes.  He had navy slacks, white shirt,  red bow tie, blue vest, straw hat with red, white, and blue ribbon around it.  There were about 300  people at that dance, and they cleared the floor, watching us do the Charleston!  And what's so funny, we had to learn to do it before going to the convention.    We'd never done that dance before!!!!!!  But we had a blast, believe me!

Thank you, Joyce, for the memories - - from one LA broad to another! ha ha

Love ya - - and Hugs,

Betty

+0
3/24/2008 3:36:51 PM

Hi, Stephen,

Welcome to this POTW  party!  We're definitely having fun.  I know I am! 

Thanks for your Queen graphics!  Y'all make me feel like a queen, for sure!  I appreciate your warm words, as well.

Have a good week, Stephen!

Betty

+0
3/24/2008 3:38:57 PM

Hi, Leanne

Thanks for your nice congratulatory remarks, and I'm happy you made it to my party!

Glad you enjoyed my bio!  That's just a dab of my life.  I just might have to write that Best Seller, yet!  ha ha

Thanks for being my friend!

Betty

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!