Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Re: Motivation for the Discouraged!
9/30/2007 9:47:12 AM
Neil,

I tought I knew what I wanted and had some reasonable and solid, yet flexible goals for our business untill I got involved in communities. It was not untill then that I learned the right questions to ask and the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know. It has not been until recently that I made a conscious effort to stick with a particular plan of action and work it for all its worth.

For "Hillbilly's" it's frustrating to know that no matter how hard you work, you will never be fast enough and the going will be slow. Or is it that I want to much to soon? I find it equally frustrating to watch all of the other "super-people" around these communities and know that you can never acheive their level of accomplishment because try as you might, you can never put your finger on how they accomplish so much in so little time. I guese no one can teach "time management" and "proper prioritizing".

It is frustrating for those just starting out to have the vast accomplishments of others rubbed in our faces as if to say - "If you're not getting this much done you're not succesful". How many business folks who are successful ever take a moment to consider how their actions are perceived by others? Yes, each of us just starting needs to have examples of what is possible, but is it neccessary to portray an air of "everyone less than this is a floundering misfit doomed to fail"? Shouldn't it be the successful business folks who know that "perception IS reality"  (or should know this) that practice and preach it the loudest for others to follow?

Or is it perhaps that people like me view others from an erring viewpoint? I think that often we tend to view others from the standpoint of our own personal style and personallity (our reality), when in actual reality they (the other party) are operating from a completely different set of parameters. Take this forum for instance. How many of the folks who post here reply only with a line or two and move on, while others like myself can not convey our intended message in a few words. Experience has taught me that I do not wish to. I have been in more trouble in my life from short, incomplete lines of thought than I care to consider.

So I guese I'll keep muddling on, resiegn myself to accepting that I will never accomplish as much as others and remain true to the goals that are even now taking form. Yet to my goals and beliefs I shall remain true and I shall continue to operate with honesty and integrity. To our visitors and readers I shall remain true and will not cheepen our business ventures with cheap tricks and gimmicks to get others to buy into our program as others have done. For me it is not "business at any cost" and if remaining true to these principles make me less than successful then so-be-it.

the "Hillbilly Gardener"
Lyndell (Jerry) Miller
(417) 777-2285
plantman.ozarks@yahoo.com
www.jerrysplantsonline.com
www.icelebrateholidays.com

The "Garden of Weedin" newsletter
"Ask the Hillbilly" - Got a question regarding gardening or outdoor living just ask !
"Over the Fence - A Hillbilly's View" garden and outdoor living blog.
the "Hillbilly Gardener"
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/30/2007 9:08:43 PM

Hello, my friend.

I always enoy coming by to visit this forum, and posts like Jerry's are the reason. 

Jerry, I felt an undercurrent you your post that is NOT you, my friend!! 

I sensed some discouragement, and unrest!!  Neil has another forum called "Motivation for the Discouraged",  and you should read it.

Neil - hope you don't mind me butting in here, but Jerry and I are great friends and we are also linked by a link exhange between Bird Essentials and Jerry' Hillbilly newsletter webte.

Jerry, Keep the faith, keep plugging with the expectation of SUCCESS and you will SUCCEED!  I am certian that Neil will have some words of widsom for you!!

Judy

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/1/2007 6:12:22 PM
Wow - Check out G.Lee's thread for further insight on this topic... join her forum too - she has a good one!

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/1/2007 8:33:28 PM

Thanks, Neil.  I am on my way, my friend!!

Judy

+0
12/27/2007 12:48:12 AM

What a great thread! The following is actually an email I wrote and use very successfully to promote one of my businesses. It works because it touches a nerve without blatantly selling anything. I've removed the links because that's not my purpose for including it here.

Subject: Failed 2000 times and then....

Are you a frustrated marketer? Is your business Not growing

the way your sponsor led you to believe? Ae you even thinking

about... giving up?

Well, consider this.

Thomas Edison failed 2000 times before he got his lightbulb to

light but he didn't see it that way. He said that creating the

lightbulb was merely a 2000 step process.

He never gave up and the lightbulb went on.

A young and promising film-maker almost wrecked his career when

he began peddling an idea for a wildly entertaining film. The Studio

Suits and all their Experts agreed it was a great idea, but it just

couldn't be done. It wasn't possible to create his vision on film.

But he tried anyway while all of Hollywood howled with laughter.

He soon discovered the Suits were right. So he sat down with his

team, identified the problems and brainstormed some solutions.

The lightbulb went on.

By taking an innovative approach to using some new technology and

even creating some of their own, they went back to work. The little

movie that couldn't be made became a major blockbuster.

Star Wars changed forever the motion picture industry and no one

laughed at George Lucas anymore.

Success is a matter of perseverance. What Lucas and Edison had

In common was a passion and enthusiasm for their project. They

couldn't give up. Winners never do. They realize there is a gift in

their setbacks. They have gained knowledge and experience and

they take the next step knowing that eventually the lightbulb will

go on.

For as our friend Mr. Lucas might say, "The Force is with You."

Just a little something I thought might add to the discussion. If you are discouraged, maybe you have to make some changes, but don't give up. In my first three years of marketing I made a grand total of $36. Today, I'm not rich. Not yet. And I don't make thousands of dollars a day. Not yet. But I am making a living. My personal light bulb isn't blazing, but it is glowing.

If you are discouraged, take a deep breath, re-evaluate, make changes and persevere. Believe in yourself. You CAN do it!

Rob

Every morning I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. -Robert Orben
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!