Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What's a GAMBLE? It means different things to different people, but YOUR LACK OF PLANNING has everything to do with it.
3/19/2007 1:51:49 PM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your post....IN THE CAR:  That's the example I tell my friends, you know how much smoke comes from ONE cigarette when you're in a car with all the windows closed.  Now if smokers would only realize how small their lungs are, MUCH SMALLER than the interior of a car, and filling those lungs every day with the smoke from 20 cigarettes can't possibly be a good idea, ever.

When I was a teenager, I had a boyfriend who hid his smoking habit from me, but I found out MUCH LATER after we were more seriously involved.  I was NOT happy, to say the least.  He has spent a lifetime quitting and restarting.  Even after his mother slapped him in the face in public when he was a teenager for smoking and lying about it.  It's a very difficult habit to quit.

New Reply
+0
Susan Kewin

136 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What's a Gamble neans different things to different people, but YOUR LACK OF PLANNING has everything to do with it.
3/19/2007 3:01:49 PM

What is a Gamble? I agree with the lack of planning. That could turn a "risk free" situation into a gamble.

Smoking is a gamble... how about eating at Mcdonald's????

...how about being on medications because you do not take care of yourself???

all of these are a gamble with your life, and your families happiness and security, all for the lack of planning, thought...

Find out what the Phamaceutical Commpanies DO NOT want you to know. GREAT Home Business Opportunity http://Mannapages.com/suek
New Reply
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What's a GAMBLE? It means different things to different people, but YOUR LACK OF PLANNING has everything to do with it.
3/19/2007 3:50:13 PM

JR and Kathy.  You Both have been in my prayers yesterday in service and for awhile now. Kathy its great to make people think of real life sistuations and what can cause harm to them. Much like sharing my faith to new people i greet on the street. I think i have some pretty strong friends here at Adland. You help me as much as i help you guys. Adlandpro is all about that!  Your Adland Prayerwarrior... God_bless.

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2007 4:17:44 PM

Hi Tom,

I'm always concerned when people say they're praying for me.  Thanks but it makes me wonder!  I'm having some serious personal issues recently and trying to handle them without being an a-hole and hopefully things will work out.

New Reply
+0
Dona Dry

85 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/19/2007 4:29:49 PM

Hi Kathleen,

You have spoken about a very good subject.  Why you should not Smoke!  Both of my parents smoked, and my mother died of cancer at age 52.  I was 19 at the time. It was a very hard time for me talking to her just the night before to find her in a comma the next morning.  I could not communite with her she just laid there.  She died in a hospital that evening.  My father had high blood pressure and he still smoked.  He lived until he was 72.  Both my brother and I don't smoke and never did!  I can't stand smokers, smoke from the cigerattes make your clothers and hair stink.  It's really a bad habit that people should never have tried.  There is nothing nice about it.   IT STINKS!!!!!

Dona M. Dry
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!