Menu

Re: What I admire in Columbus....
1/12/2007 12:27:30 PM

My Dear & Respected Brother Bogdan.....!

Thank you for this "wonderful" quote. 

"Necessity".....becomes the "Mother of Invention".....so, he had done something good to our Human Race.

Thanking you, once again.

With lots of Love, Affection, Respect and Prayers.....!

Your Ever Loving Brother,

Mohamed Gani.

New Reply
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/12/2007 12:38:47 PM
BOGDAN NICE QUOTE AND REBUTEL. WHIN YOU CONCIDER THE POPLAR OPION, WAS THE EARTH IS FLAT AND HE WOULD SAIL OF THE EDGE. HE WAS A BRAVE MAN.--DON
New Reply
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2007 12:40:18 PM

Dear Bogdan,

I am particularly fond of your quote today because I have always considered Columbus to be the greatest man of the past millennium.

It is not his private life or anything of the sort which I most admire in him but the greatness of his vision, his faith and purpose, and his determination to succeed against all odds.

Looking back from great deeds we always come to a great original idea.

Thank you,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

New Reply
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2007 1:15:57 PM
Hello Bogdan, friends! This is another nice quote. I agree with you in your reply to Nick. America was always there and know long before columbus. He discovered America for them who didn't know. Best regards Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
New Reply
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2007 2:53:50 PM
Bogdan, I admire Columbus because he sought assistance from someone of great power and influence, Queen Isabella. He had enough faith in what he believed to be true that he steped out not knowing what the response would be. He could have been called a heritic as his beliefs went against what the church had taught. He also had to perservere. I cannot imagine what it was like to be weeks away from land, the shipmates giving him a hard time, and not knowing when he would reach the goal. He had no cut and dry answers, just faith.
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!