Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (46th Edition)
6/10/2006 7:19:16 PM
Hello Little Aphrodite from Sicily Buona fortuna carissimo ... thank you. My answer to you my new good friend is the eldest female poet SAPHO and the Hymn to APHRODITE. SAPHO one of few ancient Greek female poets and writers lived 6th century BC in Lesbos. HYMN TO APHRODITE Immortal Aphrodite of the broidered throne, daughter of Zeus, weaver of wiles, I pray thee break not my spirit with anguish and distress, O Queen. But come hither, if ever before thou didst hear my voice afar, and listen, and leaving thy father's golden house camest with chariot yoked, and fair fleet sparrows drew thee, flapping fast their wings around the dark earth, from heaven through mid sky. Quickly arrived they; and thou, blessed one, smiling with immortal countenance, didst ask What now is befallen me, and Why now I call, and What I in my mad heart most desire to see. 'What Beauty now wouldst thou draw to love thee? Who wrongs thee, Sappho? For even if she flies she shall soon follow, and if she rejects gifts shall yet give, and if she loves not shall soon love, however loth.' Come, I pray thee, now too, and release me from cruel cares; and all that my heart desires to accomplish, accomplish thou, and be thyself my ally. Buona fortuna carissimo ... Ego sou dino tin Aphroditi kai sou EUCHOMAE KALO SAVATO-KYRIAKO Regards Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/10/2006 8:40:48 PM
Hello Lisa, Even though young you have also a very nice and pluralistic biographic Note. To you my smily friend I made a topic but I will share with you the Eleusenian Mysteries, Demeter and her daughter Persephone.
+0
Kay
Kay Reeve

338 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/11/2006 4:25:01 AM
Dear Georgios, I am so happy for you to get POTW. You are very deserving and so kind to everyone at Adland. I loved reading your Bio, you have some amazing interests. I certainly haven't studied anything in detail like yourself, but I do find Mythology interersting and how so many things we do and know today are so closly related to Mythological characters like Cronos and Asklepios. I was also fascinated by the story of Medusa producing two offspring when perseus slayed her - being Pegasus and Chimera. It's a bit like the story of "Twins" with Arnold Shwarzeneger and Danny DeVito but at least they made friends in the end and had a happy ending. I hope all your efforts bring you the happy ending you want in life too Georgios and have a good week in the spotlight :-) Best Wishes Your Friend Kay
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2006 7:34:21 AM
Hello Leanne, Thank you for the kindness. Είναι πάντα μια ευχαρίστηση και εκπαιδευτικός ο φίλος μου! I share what I love HELLENIC PANTHEON and I wish you to admire the Hellenic Learning, an intellectual culture that will overcome again. Best Regards Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2006 8:10:54 AM
Hello Carla Thank you for the wishings and the courage. You are a good friend and you are always ready to help your friends. I share my happiness giving you ARTEMIS-KAGAYA Design the Goddess of hunting. In Roman Pantheon known as DIANA. Best Regards
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!