Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: GREAT MASTERS OF PAINTING - WILLIAM TURNER
6/27/2013 2:58:05 AM

And here is a short but outstanding video dedicated to William Turner's masterpiece.

Subido el 01/10/2011

Joseph Mallord William Turner, Rain, Steam, and Speed -- The Great Western Railway, oil on canvas, 1844 (National Gallery, London)

Speakers: Dr. Beth Harris, Dr. Steven Zucker

Rain, Steam, and Speed -- The Great Western Railway was exhibited at the Royal Academy in 1844. It depicts the Maidenhead Railway Bridge (completed (1838) looking east, across the River Thames​ between Taplow and Maidenhead.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2013 2:31:35 AM

Dear friends, after looking in both my files and the web for Turner works which either willingly or by accident I left un-posted, I can say the harvest has been optimal. I am not exaggerating: I have found precious gems among Turner's earliest paintings and also among those from his latest years. So if you don't mind, I will begin with the latter and only then will I attempt, i
n as precise a chronological order as possible, a review of all the others.

Note: the date of Norham Castle, Sunrise, a work already presented in page 2 of this thread, has been corrected from 1835-40 to circa 1845 since this is the one offered by the Tate Gallery, where this work is treasured. In addition,
this time I have opted to show, among several images available from different sites, a darker one from the Wikimedia Commons site.

William Turner - The Lake of Zug (watercolor over graphite, 1843)

William Turner - Norham Castle, Sunrise (oil on canvas, c.1845)

William Turner - Heilderberg (watercolor on paper, 1846)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Nerma Selimović

197 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/28/2013 2:03:45 PM
Once again, thanks Luis Migual. I already shared this!
+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2013 12:09:58 AM
You are very welcome, Nerma. I so appreciate your showing up here and sharing it.

Miguel

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2013 1:28:10 AM

Dear friends, I would like to start my review of Turner's works missed out in the course of this thread with a simple, yet exquisite, oil on canvas of unknown date - though I am assuming it is an early work. To me,
and I hope to you as well, it is a real discovery that deserves to be posted alone.

William Turner - A Fresh Breeze (after 'Sheerness and the Isle of Sheppey')
(oil on canvas, date not known)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!