Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Mary Evelyn's Koffee Klatch
12/29/2011 2:29:10 PM

Thanks Kathleen, this shows that if each of us will just do a small part the effects will be tremendous. I'm going for more than the 5% though. We all need to become more aware of just where the products we buy are coming from and with each increase in employment means more spendable cash and this can also equal more jobs.

Quote:

That was great! It only takes a very small percentage of difference to make a huge difference! I once heard the saying "horse races are won by millimeters, not miles"...and if USA takes the baby step of using 5% more American-made products, or more, this country will quickly get out of the hole.

I read a book a few years ago called "Cash in a Flash" and it's not just about earning, it's about gathering a group of 5 or 6 people who have a common goal, each person having different strengths within that goal-group, and accomplishing what they set out to do, within 90 days, such as being financially independent while working together as a team, creating something or running a business. People can be part of many of different groups of 5 or 6 with different goals per group, such as being each others support system in that common idea, and when a small amount of people keep their focus on accomplishing something, great things can happen very quickly. What if 5 or 6 huge manufacturers or retailers in USA all decided to increase their usage of American-made items, or sell more American-made items?

+0
12/29/2011 2:45:15 PM

Hello Mike, thanks for posting these photos and the video. Know what? I think it is wonderful that you express so eloquently your love for Shirley. You know we may have many trials and tribulations in our life but with someone to share it with makes it easier to handle and there are some things we just can't put a price on, things money can't buy. Again thanks for joining my forum and thanks for your contributions. They are greatly appreciated. Hope you and Shirley have a wonderful day. :)

Quote:
10_1_136.gifHello again,
I believe that everyone knows how I feel about my wife Shirley. When She first came out to Indianapolis to be with me, she looked like this.ShirleyCaron.jpg.jpgShe still has the Red dress which she has wanted to throw out on several occasions, however I have not let her do so. This was twenty-two years ago. She was in a lot better health back then, happy, energetic, and she loved to sing. Her love for singing along with her beautiful voice was one of the reasons that I developed my Music Promotions company. Over the years, she developed different problems, began to lose some of her eyesight and it is getting much more difficult for her to walk, do to multiple pains that she suffers on a daily basis. She was struck down by a car in 1984 while crossing a street at the cross walk, breaking her right leg in six places below the knee, three of which that have never heeled. In 2003 to 2004 or five, we held a few Talent Showcases. Shirley was right by my side and working just as hard as everyone else. She was recognized for her talents as a songwriter in Nashville by Cliff Ayres, owner of Emerald Records. We attended several tapings of the E.I.A. Awards show (Entertainer Indi-Association), two of her songs were published but sung by someone other than herself. At the second E.I.A. Awards Show, Shirley was allowed to sing. Her dream was beginning to come true. However, her pain was getting to be too much for her to bare. How do I see Shirley today?ShirleyCaron.jpg.jpgI see the girl that I married. The girl that has always been by my side. I see the smile, I hear the laughter, and I see the energy. You see, they are still there, but hidden right now. I know that she will never be able to wear the Red Dress again, but it contains memories of when she was able to be happy. In 2009, at the last ever E.I.A. Award show, she sang one last time in front of a camera. I am hoping, however that there will be a day in the future when she will sing again.

As she was singing, Mister Cliff Ayres was making comments in the background, but she was determined not to let it bother her. I was very proud of her that day because the night before, she had a bad Grand Mall seizure, we were having trouble with our clients, we had arrived by bus and our luggage did not show up, and Shirley had been crying before we arrived.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
+0
12/29/2011 2:49:16 PM

Hi Peter, thanks for this video. I love to hear these young men sing and I remember watching American Idol last year the night they performed this song. In my opinion they will go far in their careers.

Quote:
Hi Evelyn & All,

I just got two videos with the Il Volo trio of 16 and 17 year old singers. These kids are in a class of their own. I posted this video some time during the year but watching it again I thought it would be great for your thread Evelyn.

The second video I'll post in my thread.

Shalom,

Peter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZvz0pXV48&feature=player_embedded

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2011 5:46:13 PM
10_1_136.gifHi Evelyn,
Thank you. It is funny that you used the term "Things Money Can't Buy" because a few years ago, after Shirley opened my eyes to the world around me, I wrote a poem called "Things That Money Can't By" This poem was displayed at an event that was held in downtown Indy to help the poor and ultimately publishe in the Star News.

"Things That Money Can't Buy"
By Michael James Caron

I have found so many things that money cannot buy
The morning dew on roses' lips, and a rainbow in the sky.
Shadows on a window's shade-young couple's warm embrace
So many wondrous sights I've seen, that money can't erase.

Ocean views of milky lace, spraying onto shore
Gentle blue-green waves rolling in and out once more.
Cascading waterfallsdescending to the forest's emerald floor.
I've seen the crimson, amber shades of sunsets across the vast and arid desert sands

And heard the crickets chirping in far off-distant lands.
Each new day brings beauty in each and every way,
Colors blend and sparkle, and then begin to fade.
Our lease on life is oh, so short-when wonders do abound
God gave us so much beauty-take time to look around.
(Editor's note: Caron's poem won honorable-mention honors in Illiard Press and The National Author's Registry's spring poetry competition.)

I haven't written much lately because I see the sad and painfull expression on Shirley's face almost daily and the brightness has gone. I will get back to writing, however I believe my style may change.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2011 8:58:09 PM

Cupcake Therapy

© Roger Macdivitt 2011

Cupcakes jostle upon their three tiered stands

Swirly and bright with their icing and strands