Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Mary Evelyn's Koffee Klatch
12/29/2011 5:09:51 AM

Hi Amanda, thank you and welcome. :)

Quote:
Hello Evelyn and Friends,

Sorry I am late getting over here and congratulations on your first and very successful forum, this looks great with various topics being discussed.

I had James home from Friday through until Tuesday so I did not get around to posting very much on anyone's threads - I hung out with my hubby which was wonderful. :)

Amanda
+0
12/29/2011 5:14:32 AM

Hi friends, if you feel helpless about what you can do to help our economy, take a look at this video I got from a long time friend. Sorry I couldn't find a youtube version. We can each do our part by making sure we buy only American made products as this video will show. After viewing this I am going to make a concerted effort to only buy American made goods whenever possible and this video proves it can be done.

Made in America

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2011 5:41:27 AM

That was great! It only takes a very small percentage of difference to make a huge difference! I once heard the saying "horse races are won by millimeters, not miles"...and if USA takes the baby step of using 5% more American-made products, or more, this country will quickly get out of the hole.

I read a book a few years ago called "Cash in a Flash" and it's not just about earning, it's about gathering a group of 5 or 6 people who have a common goal, each person having different strengths within that goal-group, and accomplishing what they set out to do, within 90 days, such as being financially independent while working together as a team, creating something or running a business. People can be part of many of different groups of 5 or 6 with different goals per group, such as being each others support system in that common idea, and when a small amount of people keep their focus on accomplishing something, great things can happen very quickly. What if 5 or 6 huge manufacturers or retailers in USA all decided to increase their usage of American-made items, or sell more American-made items?

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2011 7:19:04 AM
10_1_136.gifHello again,
I believe that everyone knows how I feel about my wife Shirley. When She first came out to Indianapolis to be with me, she looked like this.ShirleyCaron.jpg.jpgShe still has the Red dress which she has wanted to throw out on several occasions, however I have not let her do so. This was twenty-two years ago. She was in a lot better health back then, happy, energetic, and she loved to sing. Her love for singing along with her beautiful voice was one of the reasons that I developed my Music Promotions company. Over the years, she developed different problems, began to lose some of her eyesight and it is getting much more difficult for her to walk, do to multiple pains that she suffers on a daily basis. She was struck down by a car in 1984 while crossing a street at the cross walk, breaking her right leg in six places below the knee, three of which that have never heeled. In 2003 to 2004 or five, we held a few Talent Showcases. Shirley was right by my side and working just as hard as everyone else. She was recognized for her talents as a songwriter in Nashville by Cliff Ayres, owner of Emerald Records. We attended several tapings of the E.I.A. Awards show (Entertainer Indi-Association), two of her songs were published but sung by someone other than herself. At the second E.I.A. Awards Show, Shirley was allowed to sing. Her dream was beginning to come true. However, her pain was getting to be too much for her to bare. How do I see Shirley today?ShirleyCaron.jpg.jpgI see the girl that I married. The girl that has always been by my side. I see the smile, I hear the laughter, and I see the energy. You see, they are still there, but hidden right now. I know that she will never be able to wear the Red Dress again, but it contains memories of when she was able to be happy. In 2009, at the last ever E.I.A. Award show, she sang one last time in front of a camera. I am hoping, however that there will be a day in the future when she will sing again.
As she was singing, Mister Cliff Ayres was making comments in the background, but she was determined not to let it bother her. I was very proud of her that day because the night before, she had a bad Grand Mall seizure, we were having trouble with our clients, we had arrived by bus and our luggage did not show up, and Shirley had been crying before we arrived.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2011 2:00:16 PM
Hi Evelyn & All,

I just got two videos with the Il Volo trio of 16 and 17 year old singers. These kids are in a class of their own. I posted this video some time during the year but watching it again I thought it would be great for your thread Evelyn.

The second video I'll post in my thread.

Shalom,

Peter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZvz0pXV48&feature=player_embedded

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!