Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Truth tellers
6/5/2013 7:48:44 PM
Hi Miguel,

Monsanto leaving Europe is great. It needs to be removed from all countries. Which will happen one country at a time. His days are numbered, people are waking up to all the garbage he is putting forth. I am so happy for Germany. Hooray! you got Monsanto out of your hair. Who is next?

I went to the store yesterday and ask the man where did the corn come from? He thought it was from the south, which sounds about right. I ask him if he ever heard of Monsanto foods.
He looked at me kind of odd at first, but was interested. He got his pen and paper out to write it down to check it out on the internet. Monsanto has been hidden for a long time. We get the word out and we get Monsanto out. hurray.

I appreciate you and Helen's postings on Monsanto. Thanks for your help.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/5/2013 8:20:13 PM
Hi Myrna

You should have gotten that man's email address. I would have happily sent him some information.

We are going to get Monsanto out of the US and Canada, too. God is stronger than any Monsanto. We just need to ask Him to remove Monsanto. Yeeeeaaaahh!!

The more Monsanto balks and pulls its dirty tricks, the more people talk about it and the more people learn about the hazards of their GMO's.

I was so angry about the news media not covering it, I got into discussions all over the place about it. That's probably better than the news anyways. I sure gave some people something to think about, I can tell you.

Helen

Quote:
Hi Miguel,

Monsanto leaving Europe is great. It needs to be removed from all countries. Which will happen one country at a time. His days are numbered, people are waking up to all the garbage he is putting forth. I am so happy for Germany. Hooray! you got Monsanto out of your hair. Who is next?

I went to the store yesterday and ask the man where did the corn come from? He thought it was from the south, which sounds about right. I ask him if he ever heard of Monsanto foods.
He looked at me kind of odd at first, but was interested. He got his pen and paper out to write it down to check it out on the internet. Monsanto has been hidden for a long time. We get the word out and we get Monsanto out. hurray.

I appreciate you and Helen's postings on Monsanto. Thanks for your help.

Myrna
Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2013 9:08:01 PM
Myrna and Helen, I am so glad about the news too. Here is another revealing note:

5 Signs We Live in the United States of the Bank of America

Welcome to the United States of the Bank of America. Forget the President, Congress and Supreme Court – all signs point to the big banks really having the power in the U.S. Here’s the evidence:

1. Banks Write the Laws

You know how U.S. citizens are clamoring for better laws to regulate the dastardly banks? Well, who better to write these new laws than the banks themselves? Last week, the House Financial Services Committee approved a bill that was almost entirely written by Citibank. 70 of the bill’s 85 lines were taken from Citibank’s suggested legislation. After all, why should Congress do its job to draft meaningful reform when private interest lobbyists are happy to do it for our elected officials?

As Neil Barofksy, who served as the Treasury Department’s Special Inspector General during the bank bailouts, points out, banks crafting legislation is hardly new. “It’s only surprising in that we don’t learn from our mistakes and history just repeats itself,” he says.

2. Banks Don’t Follow the Laws

Hey, they’re the ones writing the laws… you don’t honestly expect them to have to actually follow these rules, too, do you? When one study found that 1 out of 4 Wall Street executives claimed that breaking the law was actually “necessary” in order to run their businesses, that should give everyone an idea of how the banks view the law of the land.

Why bother to follow the law when they’re not on the hook, anyway? Corporate tax loopholes allow large banks to simply write off any settlements they should have to pay for their wrongdoing. Believe it or not, these fines are considered a “deductible corporate expense” come tax time, so the punishments end up being inconsequential.

3. Bankers Are Too Big to Jail

We’ve all heard that not a single Wall Street bigwig has gone to jail for their numerous crimes (while thousands of protesters have been arrested for pointing out this fact). Finally, Attorney General Eric Holder gave the United States an explanation for this lack of prosecution. What was once just assumed is now an acknowledged fact: the Department of Justice has considered the potential economic impact of pressing criminal charges against bankers and decided against it.

I seem to recall a point in recent years when these same banks’ illegal practices really did cause an economic collapse. So how does sending someone to prison make the situation any worse? Holder’s words also send a clear message to banks that they can do whatever they want in the future. Too big to fail also means too big to jail. When the U.S. government is scared of YOU, that’s a sign that you’ve got the power in the situation.

4. The Government Keeps the Banks’ Secrets

Despite having a President who has promised unprecedented transparency, the banks’ dealings with the government have been kept pretty hush-hush. David Barr, an FDIC spokesman, said that they don’t reveal most of the private settlements with banks after they do wrong, but “declined to discuss the legal strategy behind the Deutsche Bank deal and other no-press-release agreements.”

The obvious theory would be the government is protecting the banks by limiting the public from understanding the extent of their wrongdoing. Furthermore, the government is also probably protecting itself from having to reveal the minuscule slap-on-the-wrist fines it imposes for these major infractions.

5. Banks Are Hijacking Citizen’s Property

Have you stopped by to welcome the new homeowners in your neighborhood yet? Probably not: they’re the banks. So far the banks have foreclosed on (and now own) 1.5 million homes across the country. It’s a number that continues to rise, particularly with foreclosure looming for an additional 11 million homeowners who owe the banks more than their houses’ actual value.

What’s worse is that the majority of the bank foreclosures are conducted improperly if not outright fraudulently. Still, the government has done more to protect the banks for this shady practice than its newly homeless citizens who are powerless with little legal recourse even when the banks are at fault. It turns out that the recent legislation that was purportedly designed to prevent the underhanded foreclosures still includes plenty of loopholes for the banks to do it anyway.

Read more:
, , , , , , , , ,

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/5-signs-we-live-in-the-united-states-of-the-bank-of-america.html#ixzz2VMFYLobS

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2013 9:25:00 PM
Yet more revealing news here. Question is, why do these tax haven stories get such poor coverage in the U.S.?

Tax Haven Leaders Summoned To London

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2013 10:22:41 PM
They do get coverage, its just that we have such a corrupt IRS system that they are complicit in them themselves. Hear that? The death bell tolls for the IRS and all these Havens.

Quote:
Yet more revealing news here. Question is, why do these tax haven stories get such poor coverage in the U.S.?

Tax Haven Leaders Summoned To London

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!