Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Truth tellers
6/5/2013 10:54:25 PM
The Home owners entered into a contract they defaulted and now somehow its the banks fault. Say What????!!!!! Come on Miguel is your country so perfect sir? I bet it ain't but I forgot if you complain about what happens there something really bad happens doesn't it? Dictators don't like that stuff either. If you worked as hard at picking up the negatives at home how popular would your country be? How do they feel about illegal immigrants. Do they house and feed them, send their kids to school? What about your banks, they aren't corrupt or complicit either? Look cleaning one's own house first is a golden rule isn't it?

Quote:
Myrna and Helen, I am so glad about the news too. Here is another revealing note:

5 Signs We Live in the United States of the Bank of America

Welcome to the United States of the Bank of America. Forget the President, Congress and Supreme Court – all signs point to the big banks really having the power in the U.S. Here’s the evidence:

1. Banks Write the Laws

You know how U.S. citizens are clamoring for better laws to regulate the dastardly banks? Well, who better to write these new laws than the banks themselves? Last week, the House Financial Services Committee approved a bill that was almost entirely written by Citibank. 70 of the bill’s 85 lines were taken from Citibank’s suggested legislation. After all, why should Congress do its job to draft meaningful reform when private interest lobbyists are happy to do it for our elected officials?

As Neil Barofksy, who served as the Treasury Department’s Special Inspector General during the bank bailouts, points out, banks crafting legislation is hardly new. “It’s only surprising in that we don’t learn from our mistakes and history just repeats itself,” he says.

2. Banks Don’t Follow the Laws

Hey, they’re the ones writing the laws… you don’t honestly expect them to have to actually follow these rules, too, do you? When one study found that 1 out of 4 Wall Street executives claimed that breaking the law was actually “necessary” in order to run their businesses, that should give everyone an idea of how the banks view the law of the land.

Why bother to follow the law when they’re not on the hook, anyway? Corporate tax loopholes allow large banks to simply write off any settlements they should have to pay for their wrongdoing. Believe it or not, these fines are considered a “deductible corporate expense” come tax time, so the punishments end up being inconsequential.

3. Bankers Are Too Big to Jail

We’ve all heard that not a single Wall Street bigwig has gone to jail for their numerous crimes (while thousands of protesters have been arrested for pointing out this fact). Finally, Attorney General Eric Holder gave the United States an explanation for this lack of prosecution. What was once just assumed is now an acknowledged fact: the Department of Justice has considered the potential economic impact of pressing criminal charges against bankers and decided against it.

I seem to recall a point in recent years when these same banks’ illegal practices really did cause an economic collapse. So how does sending someone to prison make the situation any worse? Holder’s words also send a clear message to banks that they can do whatever they want in the future. Too big to fail also means too big to jail. When the U.S. government is scared of YOU, that’s a sign that you’ve got the power in the situation.

4. The Government Keeps the Banks’ Secrets

Despite having a President who has promised unprecedented transparency, the banks’ dealings with the government have been kept pretty hush-hush. David Barr, an FDIC spokesman, said that they don’t reveal most of the private settlements with banks after they do wrong, but “declined to discuss the legal strategy behind the Deutsche Bank deal and other no-press-release agreements.”

The obvious theory would be the government is protecting the banks by limiting the public from understanding the extent of their wrongdoing. Furthermore, the government is also probably protecting itself from having to reveal the minuscule slap-on-the-wrist fines it imposes for these major infractions.

5. Banks Are Hijacking Citizen’s Property

Have you stopped by to welcome the new homeowners in your neighborhood yet? Probably not: they’re the banks. So far the banks have foreclosed on (and now own) 1.5 million homes across the country. It’s a number that continues to rise, particularly with foreclosure looming for an additional 11 million homeowners who owe the banks more than their houses’ actual value.

What’s worse is that the majority of the bank foreclosures are conducted improperly if not outright fraudulently. Still, the government has done more to protect the banks for this shady practice than its newly homeless citizens who are powerless with little legal recourse even when the banks are at fault. It turns out that the recent legislation that was purportedly designed to prevent the underhanded foreclosures still includes plenty of loopholes for the banks to do it anyway.

Read more:
, , , , , , , , ,

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/5-signs-we-live-in-the-united-states-of-the-bank-of-america.html#ixzz2VMFYLobS

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/6/2013 12:37:40 AM
For a U.S. citizen you seem to be pretty ill-informed, Jim. For one thing, why don't you question the article's assertions, preferably one by one? But no, you seem to be more comfortable making it a personal issue and attacking my country. A pretty stupid reaction by the way, since I myself cannot be more disappointed with it. But even there you are ill informed, as we here suffered a long dictatorship yes, but it was over thirty years ago.

And come to talk about countries: yes until recently your country used to be a great country, but what we are seeing now is a decadent empire (actually a puppet in the hands of the banksters) that as all other empires in the past, is destined to disappear. I don't relish in it, many good friends of mine are U.S. citizens. But sad as it may appear to be, and even if it takes long, there is no power in the world that can change that. Or rather, there is no escaping history laws. Surely you can understand this at least?

Quote:
The Home owners entered into a contract they defaulted and now somehow its the banks fault. Say What????!!!!! Come on Miguel is your country so perfect sir? I bet it ain't but I forgot if you complain about what happens there something really bad happens doesn't it? Dictators don't like that stuff either. If you worked as hard at picking up the negatives at home how popular would your country be? How do they feel about illegal immigrants. Do they house and feed them, send their kids to school? What about your banks, they aren't corrupt or complicit either? Look cleaning one's own house first is a golden rule isn't it?

Quote:
Myrna and Helen, I am so glad about the news too. Here is another revealing note:

5 Signs We Live in the United States of the Bank of America

Welcome to the United States of the Bank of America. Forget the President, Congress and Supreme Court – all signs point to the big banks really having the power in the U.S. Here’s the evidence:

1. Banks Write the Laws

You know how U.S. citizens are clamoring for better laws to regulate the dastardly banks? Well, who better to write these new laws than the banks themselves? Last week, the House Financial Services Committee approved a bill that was almost entirely written by Citibank. 70 of the bill’s 85 lines were taken from Citibank’s suggested legislation. After all, why should Congress do its job to draft meaningful reform when private interest lobbyists are happy to do it for our elected officials?

As Neil Barofksy, who served as the Treasury Department’s Special Inspector General during the bank bailouts, points out, banks crafting legislation is hardly new. “It’s only surprising in that we don’t learn from our mistakes and history just repeats itself,” he says.

2. Banks Don’t Follow the Laws

Hey, they’re the ones writing the laws… you don’t honestly expect them to have to actually follow these rules, too, do you? When one study found that 1 out of 4 Wall Street executives claimed that breaking the law was actually “necessary” in order to run their businesses, that should give everyone an idea of how the banks view the law of the land.

Why bother to follow the law when they’re not on the hook, anyway? Corporate tax loopholes allow large banks to simply write off any settlements they should have to pay for their wrongdoing. Believe it or not, these fines are considered a “deductible corporate expense” come tax time, so the punishments end up being inconsequential.

3. Bankers Are Too Big to Jail

We’ve all heard that not a single Wall Street bigwig has gone to jail for their numerous crimes (while thousands of protesters have been arrested for pointing out this fact). Finally, Attorney General Eric Holder gave the United States an explanation for this lack of prosecution. What was once just assumed is now an acknowledged fact: the Department of Justice has considered the potential economic impact of pressing criminal charges against bankers and decided against it.

I seem to recall a point in recent years when these same banks’ illegal practices really did cause an economic collapse. So how does sending someone to prison make the situation any worse? Holder’s words also send a clear message to banks that they can do whatever they want in the future. Too big to fail also means too big to jail. When the U.S. government is scared of YOU, that’s a sign that you’ve got the power in the situation.

4. The Government Keeps the Banks’ Secrets

Despite having a President who has promised unprecedented transparency, the banks’ dealings with the government have been kept pretty hush-hush. David Barr, an FDIC spokesman, said that they don’t reveal most of the private settlements with banks after they do wrong, but “declined to discuss the legal strategy behind the Deutsche Bank deal and other no-press-release agreements.”

The obvious theory would be the government is protecting the banks by limiting the public from understanding the extent of their wrongdoing. Furthermore, the government is also probably protecting itself from having to reveal the minuscule slap-on-the-wrist fines it imposes for these major infractions.

5. Banks Are Hijacking Citizen’s Property

Have you stopped by to welcome the new homeowners in your neighborhood yet? Probably not: they’re the banks. So far the banks have foreclosed on (and now own) 1.5 million homes across the country. It’s a number that continues to rise, particularly with foreclosure looming for an additional 11 million homeowners who owe the banks more than their houses’ actual value.

What’s worse is that the majority of the bank foreclosures are conducted improperly if not outright fraudulently. Still, the government has done more to protect the banks for this shady practice than its newly homeless citizens who are powerless with little legal recourse even when the banks are at fault. It turns out that the recent legislation that was purportedly designed to prevent the underhanded foreclosures still includes plenty of loopholes for the banks to do it anyway.

Read more:
, , , , , , , , ,

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/5-signs-we-live-in-the-united-states-of-the-bank-of-america.html#ixzz2VMFYLobS

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/8/2013 3:22:38 AM
I just received this in an email. Boy the truth is coming out now.

"Lyndon Johnson and the JFK Assassination:" an essay that I am trying to publish

Here is an essay that I am trying to publish on the JFK assassination. You are welcome to post it on the internet and share it

Robert 512-306-1510

Lyndon Johnson and the JFK Assassination

On the night of New Year's Eve Dec. 31st, 1963, at the Driskell Hotel, Lyndon Johnson and Madeleine Brown, one of his longtime mistresses, had an interesting conversation. Madeleine asked LBJ if he had anything to do with the JFK assassination. Johnson got angry; he began pacing around and waving his arms. Then LBJ told her: it was Dallas, TX, oil executives and "renegade" intelligence agents who were behind the JFK assassination. LBJ later also told his chief of staff Marvin Watson that the CIA was involved in the murder of John Kennedy.

Lyndon Johnson would often stay at the Driskill (room #254 today) and LBJ is confirmed by his presidential schedule as being present at the Driskill Hotel the night of 12/31/63

History is proving that Lyndon Johnson played a key role in the JFK assassination. An important book is LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination (2011) by Phillip Nelson. Roger Stone, an aide to Richard Nixon, is writing a book pinning the JFK assassination on LBJ. Stone quotes Nixon as saying “Both Johnson and I wanted to be president, but the only difference was I wouldn’t kill for it.”

By 1973 Barry Goldwater privately telling people that he was convinced that LBJ was behind the JFK assassination.

Lyndon Johnson and the Kennedys hated each other. So why was LBJ even put on the 1960 Demo ticket in first place? The old wive's tale is that it was to balance the ticket and win the electoral votes of Texas. The reality is that JFK was set to pick Sen. Stuart Symington of Missouri and had already had a deal with Symington to be VP that was "signed, sealed & delivered" according to Symington's campaign manager Clark Clifford. Then something strange happened on the night of July 13, 1960, in Los Angeles. According to Evelyn Lincoln, JFK's longtime secretary, LBJ and Sam Rayburn were using some of Hoover's blackmail information on John Kennedy to force JFK to put Johnson on the ticket in a hostile takeover of the vice presidency.

JFK told his friend Hy Raskin, "They threatened me with problems and I don't need more problems. I'm going to have enough problems with Nixon."

LBJ & Hoover were very close and literally neighbors for 19 years in Washington, DC, from 1943-1961. Both men were also plugged in socially and professionally to Texas oil executives such as Clint Murchison, Sr, H.L. Hunt and D.H. Byrd.

>From that point on, for the next 3 and 1/3 years the Kennedy brothers and LBJ were engaged in a sub rosa war, even though they were ostensibly a political team. On the day of the '61 inauguration, LBJ protege Bobby Baker told Don Reynolds that JFK would never live out his term and that he would die a violent death.

For his part, Robert Kennedy spent the remainder of JFK's term trying to figure out a way to get rid of the power-grasping LBJ. The first opportunity to do this was the Billie Sol Estes scandal of 1961. Estes was a cut out for LBJ doing business and had received $500,000 from LBJ (which tells us how important Estes was). LBJ and his aide Cliff Carter manipulated the federal bureaucracy for Estes to ensure that he got exclusive grain storage contracts and numerous other special and highly lucrative favors. Estes says that he funneled Johnson over $10 million in kickbacks.

Henry Marshall was a US agricultural official who was investigating the corruption of Estes, particularly his abuse of a cotton allotment program. In January, 1961, LBJ, Cliff Carter, Estes and LBJ's personal hit man Malcolm Wallace had a meeting about what to do about Henry Marshall. LBJ said, "It looks like we will just have to get rid of him."

Side note: the first person I know who accused Lyndon Johnson of committing a murder was Gov. Allan Shivers who in 1956 personally accused LBJ of having Sam Smithwick murdered in prison in 1952. Smithwick was threatening to go public with information about the Box 13 ballot stuffing scandal of 1948 which gave LBJ the margin of victory over Coke Stevenson in the Democratic primary.

Henry Marshall was murdered on June 3, 1961. He was shot to death 5 times with a bolt action gun and his death was astoundingly ruled a suicide at the time. The Marshall murder & cover up shows the depth, breadth and absolute ruthlessness of the LBJ organization. Billie Sol Estes died recently on May 14, 2013.

Historian Douglas Brinkley has said that by 1963 JFK and his vice president LBJ had no relationship at all. That is not correct; in fact a sub rosa war was being waged between the Kennedys and LBJ. It was an adversarial, death struggle relationship

more

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/8/2013 3:35:25 PM
From Divine Cosmos David Wilcock.

The NSA data-mining scandal is only one of dozens of strong pieces of evidence that the cabal of shadowy Power Elite are right on the brink of being publicly exposed and brought to justice -- as we've been anticipating for years now.

Once this happens, it will soon become the most significant event in all of modern history -- dwarfing 9/11 by many orders of magnitude as a game-changer.

This time, however, the game will change for the positive -- not for the negative.

[Illustration courtesy of John Seymour]

IT'S NOT A CONSPIRACY THEORY ANYMORE

How does it feel to know, for a fact, that the NSA has potentially been spying on everything you think, say and do online?

How does it feel to know that all your credit card spending habits are being tracked?

How does it feel to know that every call you make is being logged for who you called, when you called them and for how long -- and that's only the part that's public as of today?

For many people, this is coming as a complete shock. Headlines are exploding. Everything we think we know must be re-examined. There is a monster under the bed.

For others -- apparently including our members of the US Congress -- they are brushing it off as "nothing new."

more

I don't think the public is going to view it that way.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/10/2013 1:04:33 AM
Got this from Miguel forum. Thanks Miguel

NOTE:
For an engaging 10-page summary of this landmark book, click here

WAR IS A RACKET – by General Smedley Butler

War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. In the World War [World War I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted huge gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows. [Please note these are 1935 U.S. dollars. To adjust for inflation, multiply all figures X 15 or more]

WHO MAKES THE PROFITS?

The World War cost the United States some $52 billion. That means $400 [over $6,000 in today's dollars] to every American man, woman, and child. The normal yearly profits of a business concern in the U.S. are 6 to 12%. But war-time profits, that is another matter – 60, 100, 300, and even 1,800% – the sky is the limit. Uncle Sam has the money. Let's get it. Of course, it isn't put that crudely in war time. It is dressed into speeches about patriotism, love of country, and "we must all put our shoulders to the wheel," but the profits jump, leap, and skyrocket – and are safely pocketed.

Take our friends the du Ponts, the powder people. The average pre-war earnings of the du Ponts for the period 1910 to 1914 were $6 million a year. Now let's look at their average yearly profit during the war years, 1914 to 1918. $58 million a year profit we find! Nearly ten times that of normal times, and the profits of normal times were pretty good. An increase in profits of more than 950%.

Take one of our steel companies. Their 1910-1914 yearly earnings averaged $6 million. Then came the war. And, like loyal citizens, Bethlehem Steel promptly turned to munitions making. Did their profits jump? Well, their 1914-1918 average was $49 million a year! Or, let's take United States Steel. The normal earnings during the five-year period prior to the war were $105 million a year. Then along came the war and up went the profits. The average yearly profit for the period 1914-1918 was $240 million. Not bad.

They sold your Uncle Sam 20 million mosquito nets for the use of the soldiers overseas. Well, not one of these mosquito nets ever got to France! There were pretty good profits in mosquito netting, even if there were no mosquitoes in France. When the war was over some 4 million sets of equipment – knapsacks and the things that go to fill them – crammed warehouses on this side. Now they are being scrapped because the regulations have changed the contents. But the manufacturers collected their wartime profits on them.

If anyone had the cream of the profits it was the bankers. Being partnerships rather than incorporated organizations, they do not have to report to stockholders. Their profits were as secret as they were immense. How the bankers made their millions and their billions I do not know, becausethose little secrets never become public – even before a Senate investigatory body. It has been estimated that the war cost your Uncle Sam $52 billion [nearly $1 trillion with inflation]. Of this sum, $39 billion was expended in the actual war itself. This expenditure yielded $16 billion in profits. That is how the 21,000 billionaires and millionaires got that way. This $16 billion in profits is not to be sneezed at. It is quite a tidy sum. And it went to a very few.

WHO PAYS THE BILLS?

Who provides these nice little profits of 20, 100, 300, 1,500 and 1,800 per cent? We all pay them – in taxation. But the soldier pays the biggest part of the bill. If you don't believe this, visit the American cemeteries on the battlefields abroad. Or visit any of the veteran's hospitals in the United States. On a tour of the country, I visited 18 government hospitals for veterans. In them are a total of about 50,000 destroyed men – men who were the pick of the nation 18 years ago. Mortality among veterans is three times as great as those who stayed at home.

Boys with a normal viewpoint were taken out of the offices, factories, and classrooms and put into the ranks. There they were remolded. They were made to "about face," to regard murder as the order of the day. They were put through mass psychology and entirely changed. We trained them to think nothing at all of killing or of being killed. Then, suddenly, we discharged them and told them to make another "about face!" This time they had to do their own readjustment. We didn't need them any more. Many of these fine young boys are eventually destroyed, mentally, because they could not make that final "about face" alone.

Beautiful ideals were painted for our boys who were sent out to die. This was the "war to end all wars." This was the "war to make the world safe for democracy." No one mentioned to them that their going and their dying would mean huge war profits. No one told these American soldiers that they might be shot down by bullets made by their own brothers here. No one told them that their ships might be torpedoed by submarines built with United States patents. They were just told it was to be a "glorious adventure."

HOW TO SMASH THIS RACKET!

Well, it's a racket, all right. A few profit – and the many pay. But there is a way to stop it. You can't end it by disarmament conferences. You can't eliminate it by peace parleys at Geneva. Well-meaning but impractical groups can't wipe it out by resolutions. Steps must be taken to smash the war racket. We must take the profit out of war. And we must limit our military forces to home defense purposes.

I am not a fool as to believe that war is a thing of the past. I know the people do not want war, but there is no use in saying we cannot be pushed into another war. Woodrow Wilson was re-elected president in 1916 on a platform that he had "kept us out of war." Yet, five months later he asked Congress to declare war on Germany. In that five-month interval the people had not been asked whether they had changed their minds. Then what caused our government to change its mind so suddenly? Money.

An allied commission came over shortly before the war declaration and called on the President. The President summoned a group of advisers. The head of the commission spoke. Stripped of its diplomatic language, this is what he told the President and his group: "There is no use kidding ourselves any longer. The cause of the allies is lost. We now owe you (American bankers, American munitions makers, American manufacturers, American speculators, American exporters) five or six billion dollars. If we lose (and without the help of the US we must lose) we, England, France and Italy, cannot pay back this money. So..."

Had secrecy been outlawed as far as war negotiations, and had the press been invited to be present at that conference, America never would have entered the war. But this conference, like all war discussions, was shrouded in utmost secrecy. When our boys were sent off, they were told it was a "war to make the world safe for democracy" and a "war to end all wars." Very little has been accomplished to assure us that the World War was really the war to end all wars. Disarmament conferences don't mean a thing. At all these conferences, lurking in the background are the sinister agents of those who profit by war. They see to it that these conferences do not seriously limit armaments. So ... I say, TO HELL WITH WAR!

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!