Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
6/10/2016 5:05:51 PM

40 Million Americans Get a Taste of Government Economic Failure

MICHAEL SNYDER

Why are people going without food across the country? (Reuters)

Widespread reports continue to pour in from all over the nation of "glitches" with the food stamp system. It is eight days into the month and large numbers of people still have not received their benefits, and in other instances it is being reported that EBT cards are simply not working correctly. So what in the world is going on here? On downdetector.com there are scores of reports of problems with the EBT system from people all over the nation. Could this simply be another example of government incompetence, or is something else at work here?

I had heard some rumblings about this over the past few days, but I had not really taken them seriously until I read an article from highly respected author Ray Gano.

It (sic) interesting over the weekend I got several emails telling me about cell phones being down, internet being down, and get this, EBT cards not working and having no money associated to them.

This is a concern because when the US Government has payment failures, then there is possibly something happening that the press is not telling you about.

Now, we know that computers have problems and that states, counties and cities run on computers. But what is interesting is that since the beginning of 2016, The US government has had over 2,700 reports on downdetector.com showing that they have been late loading the money onto these EBT cards.

Folks, we are now going on 8 days where the Government has not paid the EBT payments so that people have food.

So I went over to downdetector.com myself, and I was stunned to see that reports of EBT outages continue to pour in every hour. Here are just a few of the recent comments left by people who are still waiting for their food stamp benefits for June:

Heidi Lynn: "I was supposed to get mine on the 5th and still nothing. Even ebt NJ site says $0 as well as my EBT card says $0. I'm on disability. I forgot to add, I tried calling NJ Board of Services and was on hold for over an hour. I had to hang up to take dog out, etc. Does anyone know what's going on yet?"

Ann Wilson: "Now that it's been a whole week since I was supposed to get my June benefits, and haven't, I'm planning on going to my Illinois FCRC office. I hope they will be able to fix this difficulty."

Jenn Johnson: "I always get mine on time. I was due to get mine today June 7th and nothing. I am from kentucky (sic). Why is there nothing on the news about this?"

Jarrett Manhart: "Havnt received mine either. They are never late. And my fone is off so i cant call em. Im on Wi-Fi down the street from me" (sic).

Sunny Nicole Jones: "I haven't gotten mine either! I'm glad it's not just me though because then I would really be worried!"

But when I went to confirm these widespread outages with articles from the mainstream media, I came up empty.

Either the mainstream media does not know what is going on yet, or it is being ignored.

If you have not gotten your EBT benefits for this month yet or you know someone who is in that position, please feel free to let me know. I want to get to the bottom of this. There are people all over the nation who are reporting problems with the food stamp system, but nobody seems to know exactly how widespread this issue is just yet.

Today there are well over 40 million Americans on food stamps, and a lot of them would start rioting tomorrow if you told them their food stamp cards were being turned off permanently.

EBT cards are the modern equivalent of the bread lines of the 1930s. Instead of having to wait in long lines for food, the government just zaps money onto EBT cards each month, and those who are hurting are able to get something to eat.

But down in Venezuela, extremely long food lines are a daily reality for much of the population right now. The following comes from the Daily Mail:

Venezuela was once South America's richest nation, but a fall in oil prices combined with other economic problems has led to desperate citizens taking drastic measures.

Nearly half of Venezuelans say they can no longer afford to eat three meals a day, according to a recent poll by the local firm Venebarometro. The poll surveyed 1,200 adults at their homes during the first week of April and had a margin of error of plus or minus of about two percentage points

Those who can, cross the border into Colombia to buy, bring back and then use or sell food and other basic commodities.

Could you imagine not being able to provide three meals a day for your family any longer?

Close to half the population of Venezuela is already in that position, and the economic collapse down there grows worse with each passing day.

Most Americans just assume that nothing like that could ever happen here.

Most Americans just assume that the government will always have plenty of money to give out.

As I mentioned above, there are well over 40 million Americans that receive EBT benefits.

However, when you factor in all government programs, more than 100 million Americans get some form of money or benefits from the federal government each month.

So what would happen someday if suddenly the spigot was turned off?

What would those 100 million people do?

How would they survive?

Hopefully this current EBT outage is just a temporary technical glitch, and hopefully the government will get it fixed in short order.

But someday there will be a major crisis that will cause food stamp benefits to be cut off either permanently or for an extended period of time.

When that day arrives, what will that do to our communities?

Michael Snyder
is the founder and publisher of End Of The American Dream. Michael’s controversial new book about Bible prophecy entitled "The Rapture Verdict" is available in paperback and for the Kindle on Amazon.com.

(charismanews.com)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/10/2016 5:30:11 PM

French special forces on ground in Syria – Defense Ministry official

Edited time: 9 Jun, 2016 10:19

© Kenzo Tribouillard / Reuters

France has deployed its special forces on the ground in northern Syria to advise rebels and help them fight Islamic State, a French Defense Ministry official has revealed to AFP.

"The offensive at Manbij is clearly being backed by a certain number of states including France. It's the usual support - it's advisory," the official told the agency.

Until now, France admitted the presence of some 150 special forces in the region, all of them in Iraqi Kurdistan.

Manbij is a key strategic town under Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) control in northern Syria. It’s a waypoint between the Turkish border and the IS-held Raqqa.

READ MORE: British Brimstone missiles in Syria are yet to kill any terrorists, MoD reveals

The latest comment isn’t the first hint at France’s presence in Syria: last Friday, Defense Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told the Public Senat TV channel that Paris was “providing support through weapons supplies, air presence and advice."

UN report ‘ignores’ Russia’s anti- efforts in Syria – Churkinhttp://on.rt.com/7ewz

France isn't the only Western country in Syria: about two weeks ago, footage emerged of US special forces fighting alongside Kurdish militia near the city of Raqqa, a month after Obama said some 250 troops would be deployed in the region.

Russia wrapped up its mission in Syria in mid-March, when it withdrew the "main part" of its troops from the country. However, it continues to help Syrian government forces in their fight against IS and maintains a reconciliation center at the Khmeimim airbase.

(RT)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/10/2016 5:56:17 PM
Eurozone on the brink of yet ANOTHER explosive financial crisis, warns banking chief

LEADERS of the eurozone must reform their economies to save the bloc from another explosive crisis, the chief of the European Central Bank (ECB) said today.

mario draghi

GETTY

Mario Draghi has warned of an ageing crisis in the eurozone

Mario Draghi urged euro leaders to make changes to labour markets, as the bloc's economy continues to struggle with low growth and high unemployment.

The chief said ageing populations are a huge problem for the jobs market that will start to hack away at the eurozone's potential in the coming years.

Speaking in Brussels today, Mr Draghi said: “We cannot avoid the fact that, over time, the inherent speed limits resulting from the euro area’s unfavourable demographics will start to bite.”

He said governments must now take steps to improve productivity of workers and increase the amount of people in employment.

It comes as France faces huge opposition and protest in making labour reforms that would make it easier for employers to hire and fire workers.

GETTY

The ECB is pumping billions into the euroone

Mr Draghi warned politicians are relying too heavily on monetary policy to solve the financial woes of the eurozone.

The ECB yesterday started its latest effort to kickstart eurozone growth yesterday.

The central bank is now buying top companies' debt - corporate bonds - to inject billions of pounds worth of more money into the economy.

The ECB is buying investment grade bonds from telecoms, insurance and utilities sectors, which in sends the bond yields lower - or the amount the company has to pay on its debt.

The bank hopes this will step up investment in the economy.

But many think the plan is riddled with problems.

Michael Hewson, chief market analyst at CMC Markets UK, said: "The ECB appears to think that by intervening directly in corporate debt markets that these companies will then go out and start investing the money in order to promote further growth in the euro area.

"This conveniently ignores the fact that the ECB having already bought €1trillion worth of European government bonds sending yields to new record lows yesterday and negative in a lot of cases, European companies can already borrow at record low rates but appear reluctant to do so.

"No amount of cheap credit can solve that problem, without fixing the solvency problems in the European banking sector."

Worries over Europe's banks have increased this year, with Italian banks receiving help from an emergency fund to fill cash shortfalls.

Mr Hewson added: "There is also a wider concern in that the ECB could find itself with a conflict of interest, particularly where insurance companies are concerned.

"In essence the ECB will be purchasing the debt of companies that it has regulatory oversight of, which surely has to be a significant conflict of interest.

"Furthermore given how small the European corporate bond market is the ECB could end up finding it problematic in extracting itself from a market that is already quite expensive and at record highs."

(express.co.uk)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2016 12:58:19 AM

Secretly Filmed Nude Snapchat Drives 15-Year-Old to Suicide

June 10, 2016

Florida teen Tovonna Holton took her own life after a nude video of her was shared without her permission on Snapchat. (Photo: Facebook)

A family in Tampa expected to be celebrating the completion of 15-year-old Tovonna Holton’s freshman year at Wiregrass Ranch High School, but instead they’re preparing her funeral — and it’s all because of cyberbullying.

The teen used her mother’s handgun to take her own life this past Sunday after finding out that friends had allegedly filmed her taking a shower and posted it to Snapchat without her permission, according a report by Tampa news channel WFLA. “I said, ‘My baby! My baby!’” a visibly distraught Levon Holton-Teamer, Holton’s mother, recalled through tears in a video for WFLA. “I couldn’t get in the bathroom … so I tried to get in, and I look down. I seen a puddle of blood.” Holton-Teamer told the station that she tried to save her daughter by applying pressure to her head before dialing 911.

The grieving mother added that she had gone to the school repeatedly to report Holton’s ongoing bullying, but “wasn’t always satisfied with the responses she got.” She was thinking of pulling her daughter out of the school before Sunday’s tragedy occurred.

Tovonna Holton (Photo: Vine)

A more recent report by the Daily Beast claims that it was actually Holton’s ex-boyfriend who shared the nude video on Twitter in an act of revenge. Holton’s “longtime pal” Christian Coyle-Watts told the publication that the couple had broken up Sunday morning after a series of fights and that “Tovonna’s Snapchat recording was meant to be a “body appreciation” post before the ex-boyfriend allegedly published it.”

It’s unclear which report is correct, but WFLA says that the case is currently under investigation by the sheriff’s department.

Suicide due to cyberbullying is sadly not uncommon. According to DoSomething.org — “one of the largest global orgs for young people and social change” — victims of bullying are two to nine times more likely to commit suicide than average kids, and almost 43 percent report they’ve been bullied online. Most shockingly, 90 percent of teens who have witnessed cyberbullying say they’ve simply ignored it.

The personal tales of teens who have killed themselves because of cyberbullying are almost too numerous to keep up with. This month, 15-year-old Shania Sechrist hanged herself in her Pennsylvania family home after being harassed on Facebook and through text messages. In January, David Molak, a high school sophomore in San Antonio committed suicide after being relentlessly bullied, primarily on Instagram and through texting. According to Heavy.com, the bullies were actually threatening to kill him. One message read, “We’re going to put him six feet under.” His tormenters were not prosecuted because of insufficient evidence.

Some of the most high-profile cases of teens committing suicide after being bullied online include Amanda Todd, who posted a now-famous video to YouTube about her abuse — most notably, a Facebook profile her tormentor created featuring a topless photo of her — before hanging herself a month before her 16th birthday. Tyler Clementiwas an 18-year-old student at Rutgers University when he jumped off the George Washington Bridge in 2010. Clementi’s roommate had outed the teen as gay by secretly filming him kissing another man and posting it to Twitter.

The list goes on and on.

But Nancy Lublin, founder and CEO of the Crisis Text Line, says social media isn’t the problem, people are. “That was a very, very bad judgment call by her friends,” says Lublin. “Social media companies can be good agents in these situations by (a) providing an easy flagging system so that issues can be caught quickly and (b) partnering with orgs like us. For example, we work with After School, YouTube, and others to help provide a custom in-platform solution.”

So what can we do to prevent these senseless deaths — and curb the off-the-rails phenomenon of cyberbullying? “It’s vital that parents actively participate in their children’s digital life to help them stay safe online,” warns a spokesperson for the U.K.’sNational Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. “The NSPCC’s Net Aware guide gives parents the support, advice, and information they need to have the right kind of conversations about the online world.”

Lublin adds, “I’m also a parent of an 11-year-old girl. We talk about social media a lot — we imagine the kind of people who might see things she posts. So, I might ask her, ‘How would you feel if your math teacher saw that post?’ Or, ‘What would your grandma think of that?’ I don’t make rules; I ask questions.”

As for teens themselves, NSPCC urges them to open up to an adult they trust if they are being cyberbullied — no matter how hard it may be to ask for help. Lublin adds, “Pay attention to privacy settings. Those matter … and they change. Consider making the accounts private on Snapchat and Instagram. Never post a pic of yourself doing something that would make your grandma cringe.”

In the U.S., teens are encouraged to call the Crisis Text Line immediately if they are being bullied and to ask for representation if a harassing image, video, or message is circulating. In the U.K., Childline can also help with taking an illegal image off the Internet by making a report to the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) on a victim’s behalf.

Teens (or anyone) in crisis can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24/7, anonymously, at 800-273-8255.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for nonstop inspiration delivered fresh to your feed, every day.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2016 1:03:56 AM

How Vladimir Putin Destroyed the New World Oder and Brought Practical Reason Back on the Political Table (Part I)

Putin: “What we needed to do was to carry out a rational reconstruction and adapt it to the new realities in the system of international relations.”

"How did I destroy the New World Order agenda? With practical reason in the political arena."

“How did I destroy the New World Order agenda? With practical reason in the political arena.”

…by Jonas E. Alexis

Alexander Solzhenitsyn, one of the most perceptive writers the twentieth century has ever produced, knew quite well that you do not necessarily need a big army to win an ideological war. If the thesis that a huge army is the sufficient condition for survival is correct, then Russia should have been a relic of the past. In fact, all hope had faded when Stalin and his henchmen took over the Soviet Union and literally turned it into a slaughter house, exterminating more than 30 million innocent men, women and children.[1]

But despite the fact that the Bolshevik Revolution was seemingly unstoppable and undefeatable, it could not destroy Russia at all. What Hegel called the “cunning of reason” eventually showed up right on time and obviously obliterated those who refused to abide by practical reason. Those were tumultuous years in Russia, but the country rose up again and is currently challenging the ideological foundation of the New World Order. What are some of the tools they are using to slay New World Order agents?

The truth, practical reason, and a serious politician and leader who acts upon that truth. When that happens, then serious changes will take place. As Solzhenitsyn put it,

“And thus, overcoming our temerity, let each man choose: will he remain a witting servant of the lies, or has the time come for him to stand straight as an honest man, worthy of the respect of his children and contemporaries?”[2]

Well, Vladimir Putin has actually shown to a large degree that Russia is no longer a witting servant of the lies. In 2014, Putin took a stand. First, he began to argue quite cogently that the New World Order is acting upon a satanic principle, which has created chaos in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya. That satanic principle allows New World Order cells like the United States to precipitate the collapse of practical reason in the political firmament.

Putin stunned the world in October 2014 when he announced that the New World Order ain’t working. The principles that make up the essentially diabolical ideology makes the rational world “less safe and more unpredictable,” which is another way of saying that the ideology is not and can never be compatible with practical reason. As Putin put it then:

“The world is full of contradictions today. We need to be frank in asking each other if we have a reliable safety net in place. Sadly, there is no guarantee and no certainty that the current system of global and regional security is able to protect us from upheavals. The international and regional political, economic, and cultural cooperation organizations are also going through difficult times.”

Logic dictates that whenever a system is fraught with contradictions, then it is an infallible sign that the system is morally and intellectually falling. In other words, the New World Order was doomed from the very beginning precisely because it has assaulted reason from its inception. As Putin implies, if the New World Order cannot frame its hypothesis “within certain limits,” or within practical reason, which obviously binds us all together as rational creatures, then the system is no good. What’s the solution? Well, Putin argued then:

What we needed to do was to carry out a rational reconstruction and adapt it to the new realities in the system of international relations.”

Immanuel Kant would have absolutely agreed with Putin here. But New World Order agents would not. Brookings Senior Fellow and Director of the Center for the United States and Europe Fiona Hill Putin has promiscuously declared that Putin “does not have deep insight into the way our societies work, nor does he care to obtain it. His KGB training taught him to focus on individuals, not on societies. His mission was to target the vulnerabilities of individuals to manipulate them to his advantage.”[3]

We can ignore puppets like Hill here because they have been paid to say crazy things, weird things, and perverse things. Putin does not have deep insight, but he stopped Washington from annihilating Syria in 2013. He doesn’t understand how societies work, but virtually every country in the Middle East wants to talk to him.[4]Putin is really Hitler reborn, but Secretary of State John Kerry thanks him for the cease fire in Syria, which Kerry said “saves lives.”[5] Kerry declared:

“We would not have gotten the initial ceasefire without Russia. And literally tens of thousands of lives were saved. You can add it up: 200 people a day were being killed. That stopped for a period of time. People hadn’t received any humanitarian assistance for years. Almost a million people have now received humanitarian assistance, and so there has been some benefit to this. Is it perfect? No. Are there still problems to work out? Yes.”

NWO agents like Hill want to tell that Putin is applying what he learned from his KGB training to the world, but he is placing practical reason back into the political table. Obviously we have a conflict of vision here, and Hill has the sophistication to recognize it, but the New World Order agenda does not allow her to construct a rational argument. As a result, she is morally and intellectually lost.

So, Putin is obviously not on the wrong side of history. Hill and her agents are. AsGordon Duff has recently put it, both Israel and Turkey “nearly burned down the world in 2013” through massive deception and through the so-called Syrian gas attack on civilian population, but Putin single-handedly turned things around and wounded NWO agents in the region by presenting incontrovertible evidence showing that Assad had no part in the chemical attack. Putin’s move, as Duff brilliantly put it, closed “the door to further Israeli/Turkish mischief.”

In other words, the diabolical party was over. Putin won that by a landslide.

The United States, said Putin in 2014, has been opposing a “rational reconstruction” because the the country abides by a principle which, at bottom, is irrational and existentially unlivable. He declared:

“But the United States, having declared itself the winner of the Cold War, saw no need for this. Instead of establishing a new balance of power, essential for maintaining order and stability, they took steps that threw the system into sharp and deep imbalance.”

What has been the fruit of this diabolical enterprise? Putin asked rhetorically: “Let’s ask ourselves, how comfortable are we with this, how safe are we, how happy living in this world, and how fair and rational has it become?”

The answer is no one is actually comfortable. If we are brutally honest about this, the New World Order has produced nothing but chaos and bloodshed virtually everywhere. Its fingerprints are all over Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, etc. Its fingerprints are also evident even in Turkey, where terrorist apologist Erdogan resides.[6]

But NWO’s fingerprints can also be found in places like Ukraine, Georgia, etc. Former US intelligence officer Scott Rickard admitted that the United States, through Jewish Neocon Victoria Nuland, did provide the political gas for a violent revolution in Ukraine for years. Rickard argued:

“Well, it’s public information. You have the folks at the National Endowment for Democracy who have been doing this since the unfortunate overthrow of your grandfather [Eduard Shevardnadze, former president of Georgia – Ed.].

“The Rose Revolution – there were, at least, thousand NGOs operating in Georgia at the time, in the early 2000s, that were very responsible for the opposition movements that happened in Georgia. This has been the ‘color revolutions’ that started pretty much alongside of George Soros and all of the other folks that have been involved along the way.

“It’s something that has become sort of status quo with American manipulation of foreign governments. It’s not something that comes as a surprise to me.”[7]

Rickard also mentioned the National Endowment for Democracy as an organization whose purpose is to create chaos in the name of “democracy.” Rickard moved on to drop the atomic bomb by mentioning Jewish revolutionaries such as Max Shachtman and Carl Gershman as accomplices. And then this:

“You don’t have to look very far into Ukraine – the most powerful, most well-known foreigner in the Ukraine today is Yaakov Bleich. Rabbi Bleich is the number one guy that they go to, to get information for the State Department about what’s going on with the government in Ukraine. He’s been there for 15 years and even John Kerry on his last visit had a private meeting with the rabbi and the rabbi is tied directly into these sort of National Endowment for Democracy organizations.”[8]

These people, said Rickard, “are tossing Molotov cocktails and not having peaceful…intellectual dialogue,” but are interested in spreading their revolutionary disease virtually everywhere—and their main vehicle is obviously the United States, which has done covert operations “in half a dozen nations in the last 10 years.”[9]

[1] See for example Jean-Louis Panné and Andrzej Paczkowski, eds., The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression (Cambridge Harvard University Press, 1999); Robert Conquest, The Great Terror: A Reassessment (New York: Oxford University Press, 1990 and 2008); Steven Rosefielde, Red Holocaust (New York: Routledge, 2010); Norman M. Naimark, Stalin’s Genocides (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2010).

[2] Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Solzhenitsyn Reader (Wilmington: ISI Books, 2006), 558.

[3] Fiona Hill, “Putin: The one-man show the West doesn’t understand,” Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Volume 72, Issue 3, 2016.

[4] Dennis Ross, “Why Middle Eastern Leaders Are Talking to Putin, Not Obama,”Politico, May 8, 2016.

[5] “Kerry thanks Russia for Syria ceasefire which ‘saved lives,’” Russia Today, May 10, 2016.

[6] For recent development, “From Bad to Worse: Erdogan Calls EU Safe Haven for Terrorist Groups,” Sputnik News, May 11, 2016; “Erdogan’s Threat to Open Borders Prompts EU to Devise Greek Islands Plan,” Sputnik News, May 10, 2016.

[7] “US foreign aid agencies paid for Kiev street violence – ex-US agent Scott Rickard,” Russia Today, March 17, 2014.

[8] Ibid.

[9] Ibid.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!