Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
10/9/2010 8:36:10 AM

Thank you Mary and Sara for your support and suggestions.

Roger

+0
10/9/2010 1:49:24 PM

Roger and Bogdan, this was posted in Garden of Friendship and I am bringing it here for an answer because I don't quite understand.

Hello adlanders & mary,

I would also like to let everyone know that targeted SPAM emails are being used from LinkedIn & adlandpro.I had to delete my entire hard drives from two computers as I was attacked.I have had trouble voting as well replys when posted seem to Just not appear after two or three attempts I give up.So mary we are experencing some problems here as 9 out of 10 emails from adland are all got this on bottom.

-- THIS IS AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED EMAIL FROM AN UNMONITORED ACCOUNT. DO
NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL --

I ask you What do you do?with these because reply just doesn't work maybe it is what's keeping members both old and new from Voting as I certianly have trouble & we have been around here over 10 years now,somethings causing this to happen & I personally think that it is a disgruntled member doing this using contacts address details to target others because they know that we trust our friends especially ones from adland,LinkedIn,etc to name a few.

Adlandpro Community
- Your home for all things advertising

respectfully always

jeffreyobrien

Could use your help here.

Sara

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/9/2010 2:35:05 PM

Hi Sara,

I frankly don't understand a word of it.

I will ask Jeffery.

Roger

+0
10/12/2010 2:44:08 PM

Roger, this is something all forum owners need to know.

There are a few people who just go around posting new threads and and everywhere even when they have been asked over and over to not do it!

We simply cannot cover all the spam going on, it is up to the forum owner to remove new threads that they don't want posted. Also each member is in control of their own Profile Comments and can use the RED X to remove unwanted comments.

If you are a forum owner and DO NOT WANT ANY NEW THREADS TO BE MADE IN YOUR FORUM - SIMPLY MARK IT AS 'RESTRICTED' - that way only you can start new threads.

I have personally asked a few people to stop posting their ads as new threads in forums. Guess what, all you get back is another ad in your inbox! I have also caught them on chat and asked - that works better, so you might want to try that one. That way you don't get an autoresponse. Sometimes posting in their profile comments helps but I think they also ignore that.

There are many good people in Adland and respectful of others but a few can make life miserable if we let them.

Just needed to rant a little, I suppose. I feel better. :-)

Sara

+0
10/12/2010 2:55:34 PM

Guess I am not finished yet but this is good news!

You might want to visit this forum and report activity of this type:

ADLANDS WARZONE

Join in with those trying very hard to alert members of possible internet fraud and scammers in Adland. Yes, we have them, all online communities have them - they get you in your email, so do be careful and investigate before putting any investment in something that might turn out to be a scheme for others to get rich.

Thank you,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!